Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #5566
Jello
Hume>Kunt.

Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
If he merely called the cops and observed from a distance, then nothing would have happened.
So? If trayvon didn't beat the shit out of zimmerman then trayvon probably wouldn't have got shot.
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #5567
KevinNYC
Perfectly Calm, Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
"Skittles that he didn't even steal from 7-11." Seems like an odd comment to me.

There was a pretty big campaign on the racist end of the blogosphere last year that Trayvon did steal the from the 7-11 because there was no receipt in his pockets. I kid you not.

Google "receipt and Trayvon"

http://www.freewoodpost.com/2012/03/...candy-and-tea/
Quote:
FOX NEWS: “Did Trayvon Steal the Candy and Tea?”

The revelation came this morning on Fox and Friends during an interview with Bill “Bull” Lee, who has temporarily stepped-down as Sanford Chief of Police in order to act as Zimmerman’s official spokesman. Lee told the cast of the popular morning show, “After we stripped the dead suspect and tested him for drug and alcohol use and then dug under his finger and toe nails for any incriminating DNA, we checked his blood-soaked clothes for any kind of evidence of wrong doing. All we found was 34 cents and a couple of baseball cards.”

“That’s it?” Gretchen Carlson asked dismayed. “Seems to me that something was obviously missing: why wasn’t there a receipt for the pop [sic] and candy?”

Carlson, in her classic journalistic style, stayed on the scent: “So were the baseball cards found on Martin of any value?” she asked. “Do we know if the family has produced a receipt for those?”

“To this point,” Lee answered, “the Martin family has refused to cooperate on that matter. However, I do know that Mr. Zimmerman believes that baseball cards were once stolen from him.”

This new line of investigation has echoed throughout the Fox News line-up. Bill O’Reilly stated, “Candy and tea and baseball cards, but no receipts? Liberals can’t explain that. New twists to this case are bound to continue to turn-up as Fox News investigates the real reality of what happened in Sanford.”

That led to blog posts like this
BUSTED: Trayvon Martin STOLE Skittles & Arizona Iced Tea
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age1818935/pg1

but it was weird in the context of this trial, like he was playing to the audience at home, not the jury.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #5568
KevinNYC
Perfectly Calm, Dude

O'Mara just asked the jury to pretend that Zimmerman was smart and hired a lawyer and didn't make all those self-serving statements (the ones I call lies) to the police and just put those aside. And didn't tell say "just tell my wife I shot somebody." It's like let's just pretend he wasn't there at all. If we're pretending, why not go all the way.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #5569
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
O'Mara just asked the jury to pretend that Zimmerman was smart and hired a lawyer and didn't make all those self-serving statements (the ones I call lies) to the police and just put those aside. And didn't tell say "just tell my wife I shot somebody." It's like let's just pretend he wasn't there at all. If we're pretending, why not go all the way.

I agree .. lets go all the way .. lets pretend the state actually has a case and let's also pretend that this trial is supposed to be going on
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:36 AM   #5570
PJR
NBA lottery pick

HOLD THE F*CK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O'Mara claims Trayvon had enough time to run and be home. 4 minutes to be exact.

He was a mile away. Running a mile in 4 minutes can be done by any average human being? The world record is 3 minutes and 43 seconds.

Is Trayvon Martin related to Usain Bolt?

PJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #5571
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man

The point is, the distance between where Zimmerman lost track of Trayvon and Trayvon's house is 100m. The defense pointing out that any human could run that in a matter of seconds, yet Trayvon had 4 minutes.
MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #5572
KevinNYC
Perfectly Calm, Dude

He said you can run a mile in 4 minutes if you are in pretty good shape.

Yeah, I remember it was quite a big deal historically when the "4 minute mile record" was broken. Also didn't they want to argue Trayvon was high?

Also perhaps 45 seconds after he said we're not supposed to speculate, he counters a witness's testimony by saying Trayvon Martin was actually running towards Zimmerman just before the incident started.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #5573
dude77
NBA lottery pick

the prosecution has constantly argued that tray tray was this poor innocent little scared kid trying to get away from the big bad fat evil 'white' mexican gz .. they've constantly told this bogus story over and over and over and over again .. yet here we have lil tray tray with a 4 min time span to 'get to safety' since after all he was being hunted and in fear for his life, right precious ? .. this trial is a fkn travesty .. end this shit today and send gz home
Old 07-12-2013, 10:51 AM   #5574
MJ23forever

1600 meters.

15 seconds per 100 meters isn't far-fetched at all. I'm not in good shape, and even I manage that. For someone in good physical shape, it can be done, which is what O'Mara said. And the prosecution has painted Trayvon as "muh football player" throughout the trial, so O'Mara is using that to benefit his case as well.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #5575
KevinNYC
Perfectly Calm, Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23forever
1600 meters.

15 seconds per 100 meters isn't far-fetched at all. I'm not in good shape, and even I manage that. For someone in good physical shape, it can be done, which is what O'Mara said. And the prosecution has painted Trayvon as "muh football player" throughout the trial, so O'Mara is using that to benefit his case as well.
GTFO.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #5576
PJR
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23forever
1600 meters.

If you can prove that you can run a mile in 4 minutes, I'll wire transfer you $10,000.
PJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #5577
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
I don't think TM or GZ was afraid. Fear would have kept GZ in the car and fear would have made TM go home.

Old 07-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #5578
MJ23forever

O'Mara didn't even use Trayvon's 'creepy ass cracker' remark as character assassination when the state has pretty much done nothing but try to assistant George's character. "I don't care about the stupid name he called him, he's seventeen years old everyone says stupid things at that age."

Based O'Mara really is too good for us.

Last edited by MJ23forever : 07-12-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #5579
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Jurors E6, B29 and alternate E13 taking notes as O’Mara goes over each witness. Got a PowerPoint & is showing photos of each

Quote:
Some of the jurors are taking notes about the defense pointing out weaknesses in state witnesses’ testimon

Old 07-12-2013, 11:00 AM   #5580
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello
So? If trayvon didn't beat the shit out of zimmerman then trayvon probably wouldn't have got shot.

So, we're playing the 'if game'?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: