Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #5566
KevinNYC
Perfectly Calm, Dude

Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23forever
1600 meters.

15 seconds per 100 meters isn't far-fetched at all. I'm not in good shape, and even I manage that. For someone in good physical shape, it can be done, which is what O'Mara said. And the prosecution has painted Trayvon as "muh football player" throughout the trial, so O'Mara is using that to benefit his case as well.
GTFO.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #5567
PJR
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23forever
1600 meters.

15 seconds per 100 meters isn't far-fetched at all. I'm not in good shape, and even I manage that. For someone in good physical shape, it can be done, which is what O'Mara said. And the prosecution has painted Trayvon as "muh football player" throughout the trial, so O'Mara is using that to benefit his case as well.

If you can prove that you can run a mile in 4 minutes, I'll wire transfer you $10,000.
PJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #5568
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
I don't think TM or GZ was afraid. Fear would have kept GZ in the car and fear would have made TM go home.

dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #5569
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man

O'Mara didn't even use Trayvon's 'creepy ass cracker' remark as character assassination when the state has pretty much done nothing but try to assistant George's character. "I don't care about the stupid name he called him, he's seventeen years old everyone says stupid things at that age."

Based O'Mara really is too good for us.

Last edited by MJ23forever : 07-12-2013 at 11:00 AM.
MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #5570
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Jurors E6, B29 and alternate E13 taking notes as O’Mara goes over each witness. Got a PowerPoint & is showing photos of each

Quote:
Some of the jurors are taking notes about the defense pointing out weaknesses in state witnesses’ testimon

Old 07-12-2013, 11:00 AM   #5571
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello
So? If trayvon didn't beat the shit out of zimmerman then trayvon probably wouldn't have got shot.

So, we're playing the 'if game'?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #5572
PJR
NBA lottery pick

"F*cking punks"

"These assholes".

And last, but certainly not least,

"No regrets."

Hatred. Spite. Ill Will. Along with a decorated past of reckless behavior.

Guilty of Murder 2.

But I'll take this compromise conviction of manslaughter no problem. He won't come out of prison alive.
PJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #5573
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJR
"F*cking punks"

"These assholes".

And last, but certainly not least,

"No regrets."

Hatred. Spite. Ill Will. Along with a decorated past of reckless behavior.

Guilty of Murder 2.

But I'll take this compromise conviction of manslaughter no problem. He won't come out of prison alive.

that's absolutely NO proof of ill will, spite hatred or any of that other shit ..

and 'no regrets' .. yes he should have regrets for defending himself .. no ..

gz will walk
Old 07-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #5574
qrich
King Heno

Wow, I'm disappointed in some of O'Mara's closing. Thought he'd go harder than he did. Loved the Reasonable Doubt chart though

And where the hell did anyone get Trayvon was 4 miles away from his house? I doubt that whole community even spans 4 miles and he was only a couple away. Anyone, in half decent shape, should be able to run past 3 houses in about 20 seconds, if even that, let alone a high school kid.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #5575
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Wow, I'm disappointed in some of O'Mara's closing. Thought he'd go harder than he did. Loved the Reasonable Doubt chart though

And where the hell did anyone get Trayvon was 4 miles away from his house? I doubt that whole community even spans 4 miles and he was only a couple away. Anyone, in half decent shape, should be able to run past 3 houses in about 20 seconds, if even that, let alone a high school kid.

the point was that there was a 4 min time span that tm had to go home or get away etc(if we should believe he was being 'hunted down') .. but he didn't .. nor did he call for help .. instead he stayed on the phone with a female friend(who stated he was standing in front of his place at one point) and did not go home .. he wasn't in fear of anything because gz wasn't posing a threat to him .. he was annoying tray tray
Old 07-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #5576
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
the point was that there was a 4 min time span that tm had to go home or get away etc(if we should believe he was being 'hunted down') .. but he didn't .. nor did he call for help .. instead he stayed on the phone with a female friend(who stated he was standing in front of his place at one point) and did not go home .. he wasn't in fear of anything because gz wasn't posing a threat to him .. he was annoying tray tray

I get 4 minutes being brought up, though I don't think it was that long, but a mile? 4 miles? Where did all that come from? O'Mara stating that someone in shape can do a mile in 4 has what relevance to the distance that Trayvon was from his house?

He was right there, and for whatever reason, he decided against going home. Could have been his ego, could have been Precious, could have been not wanting the cracka to know where he lives, etc.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #5577
Jackass18
The Iron Price

I'll play your game - it's against the law to not go directly home?

I wouldn't go directly home if I feel that some creepy guy is following me.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #5578
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
I get 4 minutes being brought up, though I don't think it was that long, but a mile? 4 miles? Where did all that come from? O'Mara stating that someone in shape can do a mile in 4 has what relevance to the distance that Trayvon was from his house?

He was right there, and for whatever reason, he decided against going home. Could have been his ego, could have been Precious, could have been not wanting the cracka to know where he lives, etc.

yeah he didn't need to compare it to running a mile .. he was just showing that tm had plenty of time to disappear and not encounter gz .. that's all
Old 07-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #5579
Pointguard
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
Mark O'Mara just said the witness who made the first phone call said she waited 20-25 seconds before she called 9/11. That's gigantic.

If the prosecution has accurate timing on on all the calls, this almost directly supports the idea that Zimmerman confronted Martin while he was still on phone with Rachel Jenteal.

Also the animation that the defense just showed is pretty laughable in this respect: They didn't actually animate the two characters. They animated some text. It was a slideshow of still pictures. Just as Zimmerman couldn't explain his movements from the the "T" to when TM died and couldn't explain how he got from the bottom to the top, the video they showed, just showed still "position" based on what witnesses saw. So the videos is not intended to tell Zimmerman's story, it just shows the bits what is known and unknown. It leaves all the gaps intact. It doesn't animate to show the many, many punches that Zimmerman say happened in a short period of time. It doesn't show the many, many times Zimmerman says TM banged his head on the concrete....they would have to show how long he was near any concrete, it doesn't show TM smothering Martin with his hands, and then reaching for this gun, etc. I would have loved to see how fast the figures would have had to move to accomplish that. It would have been interesting to see what they did with GZ's hands too, during the fight, because he had no defense wounds.

It probably doesn't mean much to the jury, because they probably didn't know "an animation" was coming, but it was pretty underwhelming. It does give you an a sense of the scene, but if I was on a jury, I would be extra skeptical to a video recreation because they is so many ways to manipulate the point of view.

O'Mara's a very good lawyer and much easier to listen to than the prosecution.
Amusing things to look for in the animation:

I want to see:
*the left hook that knocked Zim 50 feet into the "T."
*Trayvon skipping because the creepy weirdo is pursing him.
*Zimmerman shaking because he is scared of TM.
*Zimmerman eagerly looking for an address by his home to see where he is.
*Trayvon circling the car like Hannibal circling Rome.
*Trayvon using 1970's slang
*Trayvon coming from out of the bushes in front of Zim and simultaneously coming from in back of him at the "T"
*Zim just letting Trayvon's 8 hands, slam his head, smother his mouth, MMA punch his face, reach for his gun, while Zim hands are stretched out just doing nothing.
*The "oh you got me" scene.
*The moron still worrying about apprehending the now dead Trayvon
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #5580
branslowski
Xanny, Molly, n Dirty

O'Mara-" He's a liar? Really?"

umm, he has already been proved of lying you moron.
branslowski is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: