Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-13-2013, 03:58 AM   #5941
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKNOW1EDGE posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Jones

I was obviously kidding.

muh bad.

Its hard to tell in this thread when people are serious are not, because there is so much hate, ignorance and downright stupidity being thrown around left and right.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:00 AM   #5942
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I disagree, I think in this thread we've seen clear racists on both sides of the argument here.

I forgot, who was killed here?

And yeah white people aren't he only ones who can be racists.

But my pitty for the white man's plight is very low.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:02 AM   #5943
dude77
NBA lottery pick

dude77 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923

And yeah white people aren't he only ones who can be racists.

But my pitty for the white man's plight is very low.

you don't have to look at it as any man's plight .. plenty of people have shitty, hard lives .. wherever they're from
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:19 AM   #5944
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
you don't have to look at it as any man's plight .. plenty of people have shitty, hard lives .. wherever they're from

I was referring to suffering from 'racism'.

No doubt white people all over the world and even in this country are struggling and I feel for them (I honestly do). I'm also not gonna deny that there's instances that white people are victims of racism (reverse racism is the proper term I believe) as well.

But we honestly can't compare their plight (in regards to racism) to that of minorities (in this country at least), really no comparison.

So my statement should be taken within context to the topic at hand and how it ultimately comes down to racism. With some people complaining that there's racism coming from the other side.

All I can really empathize is

So basically, a black kid gets shot, yet the person that killed him is the victim here?

He walks around freely, gets tons of support gets treated like royalty from some circles, as a hero by others (same would've happened if he were black to be fair… just not the walking around freely part), yet we're supposed to feel bad for the racism that he and his followers face?

Old 07-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #5945
Orlando Magic
National High School Star

Orlando Magic has decent reputationOrlando Magic has decent reputation

So... considering that OJ's acquittal was widely celebrated by blacks and a case like this could lead to potential riots...

I think it's safe to say...

ON AVERGAGE... old whites are far far more racist than old blacks.

Young blacks are far far more racist than young whites.

White people have been made to feel so guilty that the coin has flipped and black people that weren't even a part of the generations where white racism was extremely prevalent still carry that hate in their hearts for some reason.

Oh well...as the world turns...
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #5946
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatDeraj
In what ways would you consider this irresponsible?

He was on neighborhood watch and did not want another break in to happen.

They tell you not to carry a weapon, they tell you not to chase after suspicious individuals and they tell you not to try and take the law into your own hands.

Quote:
Then he ran away when he noticed Zimmerman after he noticed Zimmerman was looking at him.

He ran away after he noticed that Zim kept staring at him, but you want to make it seem like TM was peering into houses, then noticed Zim saw what he was doing and then took off running.

Quote:
That would be suspicious behavior, right?

How would we know that TM was conducting suspicious behavior? Zim was the only one who saw him walking home. What about Zim? Someone sitting there staring at you while you're walking home at night isn't suspicious behavior?

Quote:
If Martin was just going home, then how would Zimmerman find him after he ran away? Surely, Martin could have ran home before George caught up to him as he walked after him.

Nobody knows exactly what happened. TM probably hid somewhere. I wouldn't go directly home if I thought some creepy guy was following me. It was also pointed out that the only person at home in the residence TM was going to was a 12-year old boy.

Quote:
To me it is more likely due to the circumstance above the Martin approached George, but we do not know for sure. That is definitely a hole.

According to Zim himself, he started to state that he approached TM, but caught himself and then switched it to say TM came at him. He also states that he noticed TM when he was about 20 feet away, then says he took his eyes away from to look for his phone and that's how TM was able to close the distance on him. TM was on the phone with Rachel Jeantel at the time, so are we supposed to believe that TM approached him and launched his attack while talking on the phone? And according to Jeantel, she heard TM say, "Get off! Get off!" Also, Zim said he was walking back towards his truck after he hung up with the dispatcher, but he had 2 minutes to walk a distance that would have taken him about 10 seconds. What was he doing in those 2 minutes?

Quote:
Should he have waited until Martin beat him unconscious? You disagree using a gun to protect yourself from possible brain damage or death is irresponsible?

Did you ever pull out a gun and shoot the other person because he had the upper hand in a fight? I'll ask again - how did Zimmerman get to the gun? How Zim described the positioning, TM's legs would have been covering the gun. Next, let's go to the animation, in the 3rd position they show towards the end, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they completely off the concrete? They really should have done everything they could to get Zim to take the stand. There's going to be a lot of unresolved issues about this case. I'd like to see the jury send out some questions about some of the unresolved issues with this case.

Quote:
The connect is there wasn't really much Zimmerman could do.

He could have waited in his truck. As for the fight, I think he overreacted and shot TM. There just seems to be many unresolved issues with how it ended.

Quote:
It was a hypothetical. If George's story were true and a policeman in uniform was being punched and head slammed into concrete would you be okay with a police officer shooting Martin?

Why am I supposed to consider that TM would attack a policeman? Zim is the only one with a history of attacking a cop. I'll consider your hypothetical anyways, he'd probably be effed if it were a cop. Cops get more leeway with the law, and are seen as having more credibility. But wait, the media probably would have turned it into a gigantic racial issue. People would also wonder how a kid would have been able to overpower a cop. Why'd the cop have to shoot him in the heart? Why not the arm or the leg? Why couldn't he have tased him or sprayed him with pepper spray? Where was his partner? Why did he attack the officer in the first place?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:56 AM   #5947
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23forever
Here's a recap for anyone who missed the defenses closing argument:

> Mark O'Mara:

Says 'Reaaaaallllyyy??? Come on...' a bunch of times

Says not to use speculation, then proceeds to show a cartoon full of speculation

Then, says 'Reaaaaallllyyy??? Come on...' a bunch more times

fixed
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #5948
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

A 6' 2" black man who decided to start pummeling a much smaller white/hispanic guy because in his mind he felt threatened, even though George never threatened him.

Seems Trayvon's unfounded worries got the best of him, and snapped. And started beating GZ to a pulp. I suppose George should have just sat there and taken it, hoping Trayvon wouldn't kill him.....
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #5949
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man

MJ23forever posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMJ23forever posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

So two of the jurors have to go home to attorneys. B-76's son is an attorney and B-37's husband is an attorney. In jury selection jury B-76 said, "Sympathy is natural but you have to make analytic decisions." B-76 said, "I just follow the law." E-6 said about reasonable doubt, "The person faces prison" and "innocent people are behind bars."
MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #5950
aburre21
High school junior varsity star

aburre21 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
A 6' 2" black man who decided to start pummeling a much smaller white/hispanic guy because in his mind he felt threatened, even though George never threatened him.

Seems Trayvon's unfounded worries got the best of him, and snapped. And started beating GZ to a pulp. I suppose George should have just sat there and taken it, hoping Trayvon wouldn't kill him.....
Can't take people like this serious

They give George Zimmerman's story the benefit of doubt even though he has lied at least 15 times. In order to believe Zimmerman innocent, you have to believe that Trayvon just attacked/ambushed Zim and tried to kill him . If he wanted to hurt Zim, couldn't he have waited outside his car or tried to do something there? But he ran! Never in a million years did I think that they would paint the person who ran from someone as the aggressor and the person that chased them as the victim. That's illogical

Last edited by aburre21 : 07-13-2013 at 10:26 AM.
aburre21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:26 AM   #5951
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Longer deliberations take, better for the state, in this case. Means that the jury is trying to fight off emotions.

Last edited by qrich : 07-13-2013 at 10:29 AM.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #5952
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:

Much smaller?

Treyvon was 150-160 at most at 6'0 (minimum), reports have Zim at around 5'7 170 pds minimum. How is Treyvon much bigger?

Then there's the array of contradicting Zimmerman testimonies, some that can't be backed up by any evidence.

And for the record… I'm LATINO.

People have it set in their mind that Tray was black and therefore a 'thug' and was should be killed. The excuses for Zim and how his supporters go backwards to accomodate his stories is mindboggling. They try to portray Tray as this 'thug' wearing a hoody, and it was hard to tell at night, blah blah. Last time I checked, thugs didn't wear skinny jeans and a small ass hoody.

They try to portray him as this menacing intimidating figure… at 6'0 150 ish? he's a stick!!!!

The average report has Zim at 5'7 170 which is slim, but not weak, that's around my size and I'd be bigger than Tray. And that's at the lowest estimate, police report of the night of his arrest lists him in the 180 range which def makes him bigger.

zim saw a black kid 'skipping' or was it running? in the rain, he was suspicious because he was black chased him, started getting his ass whopped and shot him.

If I said that a black guy stopped what appeared to be a suspicious white man, the white man attacked him and the black guy shot him, he'd be locked up and the world prosecuting him. One single inconsistency and it doesn't matter, he's a black killer, a thug, a reason why we need more jails, yet another reason why we should be allowed to carry guns.

Last edited by andgar923 : 07-13-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #5953
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburre21
Can't take people like this serious

They give George Zimmerman's story the benefit of doubt even though he has lied at least 15 times. In order to believe Zimmerman innocent, you have to believe that Trayvon just attacked/ambushed Zim and tried to kill him . If he wanted to hurt Zim, couldn't he have waited outside his car or tried to do something there? But he ran! Never in a million years did I think that they would paint the person who ran from someone as the aggressor and the person that chased them as the victim. That's illogical
I'm saying
Old 07-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #5954
ace23

ace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputation

Quote:

Why do you assume that Trayvon was the aggressor?
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #5955
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
People have it set in their mind that Tray was black and therefore a 'thug' and was should be killed.

No one taking this case seriously and not trolling doesn't/shouldn't think that.

But on the flip side, there are people, who claim to take this seriously, that still claim Zimmerman was fully white and hunted down someone black due to being racist, all thanks to early media reports for rating$.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: