Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #5941
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 19,616
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
People have it set in their mind that Tray was black and therefore a 'thug' and was should be killed.

No one taking this case seriously and not trolling doesn't/shouldn't think that.

But on the flip side, there are people, who claim to take this seriously, that still claim Zimmerman was fully white and hunted down someone black due to being racist, all thanks to early media reports for rating$.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #5942
ace23
*****
 
ace23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 10,376
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
No one taking this case seriously and not trolling doesn't/shouldn't think that.

But on the flip side, there are people, who claim to take this seriously, that still claim Zimmerman was fully white and hunted down someone black due to being racist, all thanks to early media reports for rating$.
No
ace23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #5943
dude77
NBA lottery pick
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,674
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923

People have it set in their mind that Tray was black and therefore a 'thug' and was should be killed. The excuses for Zim and how his supporters go backwards to accomodate his stories is mindboggling. They try to portray Tray as this 'thug' wearing a hoody, and it was hard to tell at night, blah blah. Last time I checked, thugs didn't wear skinny jeans and a small ass hoody.

zim saw a black kid 'skipping' or was it running? in the rain, he was suspicious because he was black chased him, started getting his ass whopped and shot him.

did you check if they go around beating up bus drivers and talking about their sadistic mentality ? 'I like to make em bleed' ...

also it's known that he was looking to acquire a gun .. now having a gun is fine imo for a responsible adult .. but why is this pure, innocent child who doesn't know any better trying to get ahold of a lethal weapon ? .. why is he going around punching bus drivers <--- that's not @#%$# normal and means you have mental issues ..

you can call him wtf you want but he wasn't some innocent little saint who was incapable of attacking or killing gz .. he was a little punk by all accounts .. that doesn't mean he deserved to die .. what it means is that it shows that it's possible he can be an aggressor and attack gz ...

and speaking of that, his texts should have been allowed into evidence .. if he's convicted, it's gonna get overturned just on that disgraceful move alone by the prosecution, er I mean judge

Last edited by dude77 : 07-13-2013 at 10:47 AM.
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:44 AM   #5944
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1
 
andgar923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 16,603
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
No one taking this case seriously and not trolling doesn't/shouldn't think that.

But on the flip side, there are people, who claim to take this seriously, that still claim Zimmerman was fully white and hunted down someone black due to being racist, all thanks to early media reports for rating$.
That's actually what the defense tries to paint him as.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #5945
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 19,616
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
No

Yup. Coworkers sitting by me right now. (Love a job where I can spend my shift on ISH )

"That white dude need to be fried for hunting."

"He's only half white, half Hispanic."

"Nah, dude's a racist piece of trailer trash."

Not even kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
That's actually what the defense tries to paint him as.

The defense is doing their job and showing that the state's case has reasonable doubt (which it has, just as much as the Anthony trial) and no concrete evidence. By stating that one has a tendency to fight doesn't mean they are a thug either, nor is it racist.

Last edited by qrich : 07-13-2013 at 10:50 AM.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:53 AM   #5946
dude77
NBA lottery pick
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,674
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

if you are to believe gz is the one screaming then how the @##$# hell can you convict him of anything ? you're putting away a guy for life who you heard screaming for help, which sounded like death howls .. if you believe it was tm then obviously gz is royally fkd
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:12 AM   #5947
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
MJ23forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 758
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Trayvon allegedly ran home, took him 4 minutes for 100 feet and he still didn't make it inside.
MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #5948
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
MJ23forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 758
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Why do you assume that Trayvon was the aggressor?

Trayvon had no signs of physical aggression anywhere in his body besides the single gun shot wound.

Zimmerman had his nose broken and his head banged into concrete. DESPITE having a gun.

If Zimmerman had been the aggressor, he would simply have fired his weapon and Trayvon couldn't have laid a finger on him.

Oh, and according to his friend, Trayvon was actually home and decided to go back and confront/attack Zimmerman. He would have been fine at home, but chose to go confront/attack the "creepy ass cracker following me". That doesn't seem like someone acting out of fear to me.

Last edited by MJ23forever : 07-13-2013 at 11:27 AM.
MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #5949
2013 Lakers
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 239
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Does anyone think Rachel Jeantel pushed Trayvon to start a fight, and that's why she didn't want to talk to police or Trayvon's parents? She felt guilty about inciting the fight?

She was probably like, "don't let that cracka follow you or intimidate you.. beat his chubby ass!" and Trayvon didn't want to appear weak over the phone with a girl. Even though she looked like jabba the hut. Teenagers usually have egos and don't want to like a bitch in front of chicks. I think that's what compelled Trayvon to confront George and gave him the confidence to do so instead of wimping out and returning home.
2013 Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:26 AM   #5950
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star
 
Charlie Sheen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,637
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 Lakers
Does anyone think Rachel Jeantel pushed Trayvon to start a fight, and that's why she didn't want to talk to police or Trayvon's parents? She felt guilty about inciting the fight?

She was probably like, "don't let that cracka follow you or intimidate you.. beat his chubby ass!" and Trayvon didn't want to appear weak over the phone with a girl. Even though she looked like jabba the hut. Teenagers usually have egos and don't want to like a bitch in front of chicks. I think that's what compelled Trayvon to confront George and gave him the confidence to do so instead of wimping out and returning home.

naw. i think she was a 19 yo girl pressured into an impossible situation by the martin family.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #5951
ace23
*****
 
ace23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 10,376
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Yup. Coworkers sitting by me right now. (Love a job where I can spend my shift on ISH )

"That white dude need to be fried for hunting."

"He's only half white, half Hispanic."

"Nah, dude's a racist piece of trailer trash."

Not even kidding.
I don't see anything inaccurate here. I can't call someone white just because he's Hispanic? White is a race.
ace23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #5952
ace23
*****
 
ace23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 10,376
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23forever
If Zimmerman had been the aggressor, he would simply have fired his weapon and Trayvon couldn't have laid a finger on him.
Not necessarily
ace23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:46 AM   #5953
Raymone
The Chosen King
 
Raymone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,831
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case



Raymone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #5954
aburre21
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 509
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23forever
Trayvon had no signs of physical aggression anywhere in his body besides the single gun shot wound.

Zimmerman had his nose broken and his head banged into concrete. DESPITE having a gun.

If Zimmerman had been the aggressor, he would simply have fired his weapon and Trayvon couldn't have laid a finger on him.

Oh, and according to his friend, Trayvon was actually home and decided to go back and confront/attack Zimmerman. He would have been fine at home, but chose to go confront/attack the "creepy ass cracker following me". That doesn't seem like someone acting out of fear to me.

so delusional. He grabbed Trayvon and Trayvon fought him off. That's why he has those minor wounds. To insist that just because Trayvon had no wounds on him means he started the fight is absolutely retarded . Plenty people have started a fight and gotten beat up. But of course, people like you continue to give Zimmerman the benefit of the doubt. It's clear you have an agenda. You'll pretend you don't though


If Trayvon had been the aggressor, he would have never ran. He would have never tried to get away. He would have pulled Zimmerman out his car that he supposedly circled. I guess you believe Zimmerman was going to get an address as well? you believe he didn't know the streets in his own neighborhood? You believe Trayvon jumped out the bushes and told zimmerman he's going to kill him as he was walking back to his car, right?
aburre21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #5955
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
MJ23forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 758
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
I don't see anything inaccurate here. I can't call someone white just because he's Hispanic? White is a race.

His mother is Afro-Peruvian and his father is German. He's as white as Obama is, yet nobody says Obama is white.
MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:07 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy