Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #6601
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Id like to get your opinion on this vid Dude77

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ge7i60GuNRg#
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #6602
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
As a black man I must say Im appalled by that story. Theres ignorance in all races.

I do think you owe the black community an apology. There hasnt been this big huge civil unrest that you and people like you claimed there would be.

It's a nice thing to see(or not see rather) ..

I don't know about an apology .. there's a reason why everyone was expecting it .. including the pd's .. but I give people credit for not losing it and acting like crazy fks
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #6603
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Id like to get your opinion on this vid Dude77

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ge7i60GuNRg#

ok it shows up .. that's fkd up lol ..

notice it also changes if it's a woman .. i don't know how it would go if it was a black chick

Last edited by dude77 : 07-15-2013 at 02:03 PM.
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #6604
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
It's a nice thing to see(or not see rather) ..

I don't know about an apology .. there's a reason why everyone was expecting it .. including the pd's .. but I give people credit for not losing it and acting like crazy fks
I know a large portion of your reasoning stems from the Rodney King verdict. But you gitta remember, months prior, Natasha Harlens was shot in the back by a liquor store owner after an altercation. This incident like Kings was caught on tape. And the women was let go. Then a few months later the police are caught on video beating a man. And they were initially set free.

Whats more, is for the longest, the Black community has constantly made claims of brutality by police and unfair treatment by local patrons. People like you reply and act as if were exaggerating or lying. Thats why we get pissed
Old 07-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #6605
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
ok it shows up .. that's fkd up lol ..

notice it also changes if it's a woman .. i don't know how it would go if it was a black chick
Probably not far from the black male. But this is how blacks are treated everyday. Were looked at differently. Almost as if we must prove were not criminals.

And Im firmly concinced a stereotype is what got Trayvon Martin killed.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #6606
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
lol you added that into what I wrote, I didnt.

yes....

I added what GZ said in his police interviews....( If that is true .....it adds another element to self defense)

not sure how you missed a key piece of testimony.

Edit: Not saying what GZ said is 100% true....just replying/editing your post because you did try to list facts/testimony about the case.....but forgot to list a key peice....( If TM tried to get the weapon or not)

Last edited by AlphaWolf24 : 07-15-2013 at 02:24 PM.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #6607
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Probably not far from the black male. But this is how blacks are treated everyday. Were looked at differently. Almost as if we must prove were not criminals.

The stereotype may be why Zim followed trayvon initially.

But the reason Zim claims he shot trayvon was because he was getting punched from the mount position and his head was being slammed into the ground. Zim claims he verbally confronted Trayvon about his suspicions that trayvon was the robber that had recently robbed a string of homes. Zim claims trayvon threw a punch and knocked him to the ground. Got on top of him and mounted him.

Zim used a self defense argument for his trial. basically he couldnt physically stop trayvon from beating him or convince trayvon to stop via pleading, and he was worried that if trayvon kept slamming his head into the ground he would go unconscious.

The jury accepted his Zim's account, based largely on the fact that the prosecution couldnt prove beyond reasonable doubt that zim had not shot trayvon in self defense.

The actual injuries on Zim were a broken nose, black eyes and cuts to the back of his head. Trayvon's autopsy revealed abrasion on his hand, and the gunshot wound. He had no marks on the face or body indicating he got hit.

Quote:
"I think that he feels truly in his heart that if he did not have that weapon that night he might not be here," O'Mara said. "[He] would have continued to get beat even though he was screaming for help."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3598228.html

The prosecution never could explain the injuries Zim had incurred.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #6608
bmulls
Great college starter

Quote:

You're right in a way. Trayvon trying to act like a stereotypical gang banger thug is what got him killed.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #6609
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:

True....

- but IMO as we progress as a species ....

- it is becoming more and more a " class" based prejudice...then " race" based.

- yes there are some ignorant MF'ers / trolls in the real world......but IMO....to say as a whole " Black People" get looked at differently......is just plain false.

- far more evidence suggest we are using a class based criteria to define our judgment....

Last edited by AlphaWolf24 : 07-15-2013 at 02:44 PM.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #6610
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
The stereotype may be why Zim followed trayvon initially.

But the reason Zim claims he shot trayvon was because he was getting punched from the mount position and his head was being slammed into the ground. Zim claims he verbally confronted Trayvon about his suspicions that trayvon was the robber that had recently robbed a string of homes. Zim claims trayvon threw a punch and knocked him to the ground. Got on top of him and mounted him.

Zim used a self defense argument for his trial. basically he couldnt physically stop trayvon from beating him or convince trayvon to stop via pleading, and he was worried that if trayvon kept slamming his head into the ground he would go unconscious.

The jury accepted his Zim's account, based largely on the fact that the prosecution couldnt prove beyond reasonable doubt that zim had not shot trayvon in self defense.

The actual injuries on Zim were a broken nose, black eyes and cuts to the back of his head. Trayvon's autopsy revealed abrasion on his hand, and the gunshot wound. He had no marks on the face or body indicating he got hit.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3598228.html

The prosecution never could explain the injuries Zim had incurred.
I never believed they had to explain Zimmerans injuries. He was getting his ass kicked in a fight HE STARTED. He followed Martin, he got out of his truck to persue Martin. Think about that precedent. A man with a gun picks a fight with you, you get the upperhand and he shoots you?
Old 07-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #6611
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
I never believed they had to explain Zimmerans injuries. He was getting his ass kicked in a fight HE STARTED. He followed Martin, he got out of his truck to persue Martin. Think about that precedent. A man with a gun picks a fight with you, you get the upperhand and he shoots you?

The evidence states otherwise.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #6612
ace23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
You're right in a way. Trayvon trying to act like a stereotypical gang banger thug is what got him killed.
Shut up.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #6613
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
The evidence states otherwise.
No. This altercatiin never happens if Zimmerman stays in his car. Martin Is where hes supposed be. Your problem is that Zimmerman git his ass kicked
Old 07-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #6614
Raymone
The Chosen King

Quote:
No. This altercatiin never happens if Zimmerman stays in his car. Martin Is where hes supposed be. Your problem is that Zimmerman git his ass kicked

It also never happens if Trayvon walks into his house instead of confronting Zimmerman and then assaulting him.
Raymone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #6615
Dresta
BANNED!!!!

Quote:
ZIMMERMAN IS NOT REQUIRED BY LAW TO STAY IN HIS CAR, WHAT IS SO ****ING HARD TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT?

Jesus, the stupidity in here is so astounding that you're making me want to go get a gun and go on some mass killing spree. There is no hope for humanity when people are this dumb.
Dresta is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: