Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-15-2013, 08:41 PM   #6616
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN

Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
How so?

Cuz outside of the media, its really not about race.

Its about an adult killing a kid, then not being arrested for 44 days, and then not being found guilty of a crime.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #6617
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE

Its about an adult killing a kid, then not being arrested for 44 days, and then not being found guilty of a crime.

And if it wasn't for the media, would people in Phoenix, for example, know about it? Do people in Orlando know about Cordell Jude? Hell, most people don't even know about Jodi Arias and that was nation wide. Plus, it was race that made these so-called "human rights" groups so active in the first place.

Plus, like I've posted before, my co-workers make it fully about race, as do some people on here.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #6618
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN

Quote:
And if it wasn't for the media, would people in Phoenix, for example, know about it? Do people in Orlando know about Cordell Jude? Hell, most people don't even know about Jodi Arias and that was nation wide. Plus, it was race that made these so-called "human rights" groups so active in the first place.

Plus, like I've posted before, my co-workers make it fully about race, as do some people on here.

Obviously if it wasn't for technology and the media no one would know about anything outside of their community.

And a lot of people are going to try and make it about race.

But the heart of the issue, for most sane people, is simply the fact that all we KNOW, is a grown man killed a kid, and then walked free.

That's what upsets me. GZ and TM both made mistakes that night, TM paid with his life, GZ was found innocent, but will pay for it the rest of his life
Old 07-15-2013, 08:51 PM   #6619
bsyde82
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
don't talk to me about confirmation bias.

"latinos are a little sketchy sometimes, they like to smoke ganja a lot, put fuzzy dice in their cars, they tend to listen to salsa..."

"white conservatives hate everyone who's not white, hate the middle class, hate unions, hate obama, hate government, love religion, want another war..."

"blacks like rap music, allen iverson, KFC, thuggery, bitches, gold chains, and they want to slit every white person's throat one day"

yea, you're right... generalities are a lot more useful than i thought.

Did I mention race?
bsyde82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:51 PM   #6620
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Obviously if it wasn't for technology and the media no one would know about anything outside of their community.

But the heart of the issue, for most sane people, is simply the fact that all we KNOW, is a grown man killed a kid, and then walked free.

That's what upsets me. GZ and TM both made mistakes that night, TM paid with his life, GZ was found innocent, but will pay for it the rest of his life

We have the same technology for Jude, do we not? And Arias. And Peterson x 2. Yet, bring those up to the same people, they'll look at you like your crazy.

Shit, Jude happened 15 minutes from where I live. Yet, no one at work knows who he is. Arias was all over the national media, yet again, most people don't know who she is.

It may not be race to you, and while it does irk me how the media picks up certain cases, the judicial process itself was not of race to me. But to 75% of people, I've met, make it about race, and most of those, are Trayvon supporters. I mean, look at Akon's comment as far as the many go.

Last edited by qrich : 07-15-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:51 PM   #6621
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:

lol either you're naive or dumb or both .. this is ALL ABOUT RACE ..

every single black commentator going on tv talking about how they're devastated and how they need to talk to their black sons about this etc .. the naacfknp calling for civil rights trial .. fk you live, a cave ? .

if gz was black, this would be a nonstory .. maybe locally .. maybe it would've gotten a little bit of attention .. nothing like this .. this is some international shit .. it's all because tm is black and gz is 'white' .. period
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #6622
bsyde82
Decent playground baller

Quote:

It may not be about race for you, which would be a good thing.

But for many of the black "leaders" in this country, and their followers, it is ALL about race. Surely you cannot deny that, especially in light of the clamor to bring a federal civil rights claim.
bsyde82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #6623
ace23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
every single black commentator going on tv talking about how they're devastated and how they need to talk to their black sons about this etc .. the naacfknp calling for civil rights trial .. fk you live, a cave ? .
Did you not see "outside of the media"?
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #6624
ace23

Quote:
And the kid was unarmed.

White people kill blacks everyday. Race is not what made this case big.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #6625
travelingman
Rules #2 dont give fk*

Quote:

If that's the reason you believe that this case has gotten so much publicity, what is your explanation for a lack of similar media exposure to the Roderick Scott case?
travelingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #6626
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
And the kid was unarmed.

White people kill blacks everyday. Race is not what made this case big.

The media took it for that reason. Those "Human rights" groups focused quite much on that.

I mean, a mentally retarded guy gets shot and killed in a similar situation, yet, not a peep. But it isn't race, right? Didn't they also find the body of a 11 year old or something killed by his 17 year old cousin as well? Or an incident in Pomona at a party, not too long ago, a 23 year old shot a 16 year old over an argument over a cup of beer. Yet, not a peep. But it isn't race. No media coverage near the size of this. No "Human rights" groups.

Last edited by qrich : 07-15-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #6627
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN

Im saying, in reality, its about a grown man killing a kid and walking free.

Obviously, a LOT of people make it about race.

The core issue of the problem, is a man killing a kid.

If it was just about race, we would be hearing more about all the white people killing black people every day, but we don't here about it, CUZ THIS IS A GROWN MAN KILLING A KID!! -the fact that it was a white/Hispanic man killing a black child just adds fuel to the fire.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #6628
ace23

Quote:
Yes, it is.

If not, explain why Jude wasn't as big?
Adkins wasn't a 17-year-old kid.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #6629
qrich
King Heno

Quote:

Yet, he had the mental capacity of a 13-year old.

But how about that 23 year old shooting the 16 year old during a party over a cup of beer? Or the dozens of shootings of similar ages that occur.

But yes, nothing to do with race.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #6630
travelingman
Rules #2 dont give fk*

Quote:

Christopher Cervini was. And New York doesn't have a Stand Your Ground law that applies to property crime. Yet Roderick Scott was acquitted. Where are the "Justice for Cervini" supporters?
travelingman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: