Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #7216
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 19,461
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
Missing the point.

We're talking about what Trayvon was thinking at that time of night when he first spotted Zimmerman. Of course with hindsight, we know his identification was wrong, but at the time he thought he was seeing a white man.

How is this so hard for you to understand?

Not at all. You are saying seeing a bald headed, light skinned guy and assuming white supremacist is logical.

Also a HUGE difference between seeing a white man and a supremacist. I see black people all the time, I wouldn't correlate them with thugs. I see Mexican's non stop, I don't correlate them with Border Hoppers.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #7217
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac
 
HardwoodLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Rec Center
Posts: 3,661
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Not at all. You are saying seeing a bald headed, light skinned guy and assuming white supremacist is logical.

Also a HUGE difference between seeing a white man and a supremacist. I see black people all the time, I wouldn't correlate them with thugs. I see Mexican's non stop, I don't correlate them with Border Hoppers.

I'm speaking from Trayvon's logic from being in a foreign environment where he might have felt like he didn't belong.

That's the problem with most people who try to analyze this situation. They fail to attempt to place themselves in Trayvon's shoes. They keep asking "Why didn't he *insert intelligent alternative A here*?" or "Why didn't he *insert intelligent alternative B here*?"

It was dark and he was in a neighborhood far above his pay grade. You don't think he would be a little suspicious of the people that are being suspicious of him? Add in to that he has another muffled voice over a cell in his ear feeding him more paranoia.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #7218
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac
 
HardwoodLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Rec Center
Posts: 3,661
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
are you getting emotional ? what is it with people being on their periods in this thread ..

tell me more about how trayvon martin was racially profiling george zimmerman .. doped up, violent prone and a racist .. not looking good for mr. 'i like to make em bleed'

No, not getting emotional. Are you trying to make me emotional? I'm confused as to what your aim is.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #7219
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
MJ23forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 759
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Zimmerman Prosecutor Angela Corey Criminally Indicted By Citizens' Grand Jury For Allegedly Falsifying Arrest Warrant And Complaint

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/zimmer...html?hpt=hp_t1
MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #7220
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 19,461
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
I'm speaking from Trayvon's logic from being in a foreign environment where he might have felt like he didn't belong.

That's the problem with most people who try to analyze this situation. They fail to attempt to place themselves in Trayvon's shoes. They keep asking "Why didn't he *insert intelligent alternative A here*?" or "Why didn't he *insert intelligent alternative B here*?"

It was dark and he was in a neighborhood far above his pay grade. You don't think he would be a little suspicious of the people that are being suspicious of him? Add in to that he has another muffled voice over a cell in his ear feeding him more paranoia..

So if I'm in an area I consider foreign and out of place, it would be okay for me to come to a logical conclusion that any black male that looks at me is a drug dealer? Or any hispanic male that looks at me is an ese looking for a fight while waiting for his hombres to come by? Or any white male is a member of the Ku Klux Klan?




And yes, that other muffled voice is the reason why I believe a confrontation occurred, but that is a different subject.

Last edited by qrich : 07-19-2013 at 02:01 PM.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #7221
dude77
NBA lottery pick
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,750
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

legit quote :

Quote:
They are making T. Martin a "legacy". What a joke. Zimmerman did the only thing he could do to fend off this kid who thought he'd beat the living s--t out of him. If you are going to create "legacies", how about setting the bar a little higher - like the firemen who died in the wild fires out west
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #7222
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac
 
HardwoodLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Rec Center
Posts: 3,661
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
So if I'm in an area I consider foreign and out of place, it would be okay for me to come to a logical conclusion that any black male that looks at me is a drug dealer? Or any hispanic male that looks at me is an ese looking for a fight while waiting for his hombres to come by? Or any white male is a member of the Ku Klux Klan?

Being black, I actually wouldn't hold it against white person if they were in the hood walking alone and suspected a black man in a car following them slowly of being a jackboy trying to jux them. I'm not from the hood myself and look at a lot of blacks who live there with fear and distrust.

If you're outside of your socioeconomic element and find yourself being watched, the thoughts going through your head aren't always going to be the most sensible.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #7223
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
MJ23forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 759
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson To Piers: Trayvon Was ‘Thug,’ Not ‘Innocent Little Kid, Tip-Toeing Through The Tulips’

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rev-jesse...gh-the-tulips/
MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #7224
ballup
13.37 PER
 
ballup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,192
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Can someone post the evidence and testimonies displayed in the trial?
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #7225
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN
 
KNOW1EDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 'murica
Posts: 4,925
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballup
Can someone post the evidence and testimonies displayed in the trial?

There is no evidence. And George Zimmerman didn't testify.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #7226
ballup
13.37 PER
 
ballup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,192
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
There is no evidence. And George Zimmerman didn't testify.
There had to be testimonies from witnesses, officers and investigators.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #7227
Raymone
The Chosen King
 
Raymone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,857
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballup
Can someone post the evidence and testimonies displayed in the trial?

You can find most of the trial on youtube.
Raymone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:54 PM   #7228
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!
 
TheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: amongst wackos
Posts: 9,330
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
It's sad that you have over twice as many posts as the 2nd most active poster in this thread. What a waste.
Out of curiousity, can you post some figures?

dude77 does seem to be obsessed with Zimmerman, he even has an avi of that fat fukk.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:55 PM   #7229
Raymone
The Chosen King
 
Raymone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,857
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
Out of curiousity, can you post some figures?

dude77 does seem to be obsessed with Zimmerman, he even has an avi of that fat fukk.

Didn't you say you were leaving while sobbing?
Raymone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #7230
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 19,461
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballup
There had to be testimonies from witnesses, officers and investigators.

There was plenty. At work so can't go into detail, but google will find a lot of this for you.

Run down was that a good amount of state witnesses seemed like they were on there for the defense. John Good, for example, stated he clearly saw Trayvon on top. Jaentel's testimony was dissected, exposed and twisted by O'Mara/West to fit their line of defense. Serino (original Detective on the scene) also leaned towards self defense. State's ME and the defense medical expert also collided, and it seemed like the defense's expert testimony lingered longer in the jurors heads. State also botched the case by arguing who was on top to, late in the trial, admitting that Martin was with the firearm discharging.

Also both sides had people testifying the voice screaming for help was either one.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:48 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy