Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2013, 12:03 AM   #7321
dude77
NBA lottery pick
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,514
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
O'Mara is full of himself and full of shit...comes offs as a smooth talking used car salesman. The jury will see right through that.

dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:05 PM   #7322
gigantes
Tor Johnson.
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,573
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

wow. juror B29 breaks the silence.

http://gma.yahoo.com/george-zimmerma...opstories.html
gigantes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #7323
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?
 
johndeeregreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,440
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
So she feels Zimmerman got away with murder yet she feels there was no need for a trial.

Makes perfect sense to me.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #7324
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School
 
kuniva_dAMiGhTy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: El Dorado
Posts: 13,111
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

@gigantes - I'm confused. In one sentence she says 'we followed the law and evidence' but in the next sentence she states 'he got away with murder'...

Is she saying that Zimmerman is MORALLY guilty? Because if she is, I think everybody agrees w/ that... it just doesn't hold any relevancy in the court of law.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #7325
longtime lurker
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,628
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
@gigantes - I'm confused. In one sentence she says 'we followed the law and evidence' but in the next sentence she states 'he got away with murder'...

Is she saying that Zimmerman is MORALLY guilty? Because if she is, I think everybody agrees w/ that... it just doesn't hold any relevancy in the court of law.

Quote:
"That's where I felt confused, where if a person kills someone, then you get charged for it," Maddy said. "But as the law was read to me, if you have no proof that he killed him intentionally, you can't say he's guilty."

This quote pretty much explains it. Although the fact that she said the trial shouldn't have even happened is more confusing.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #7326
9erempiree
Banned
 
9erempiree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California of America
Posts: 20,870
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC system
And that eye witness report seems to support zims claim did it not? Also you seem to not address the pathologist which also confirmed zims story. These two pieces of evidence should be enough to show zims story, at least the end of it, was true. Everything leading up to the end, is all assumption. What isn't assumption is no injuries to trayvon other than the finger, which indicates that zim never hit trayvon.

There of course is inconsistencies in zims story. Whether he's lying or just unsure is a moot point. The facts, that we can gather from the eyewitness and pathologist, along with the autopsy indicate trayvon was on top of zim punching him and zims head was at least bouncing on the concrete. Zim then shot trayvon, who was on top of him. Everything else is just speculation and had no business in a court of law.

You may think zim is this super criminal that masterminded this whole murder of innocent trayvon, like some people seem to think on here. Or you think zim was this hero who gunned down this thug to protect himself and community. I personally think two dumb people made a series of dumb decisions that led to the death of one. It's sad that a 17 year old was gunned down, but this really should not be news. And it especially should not have gotten the attention it did.

done deal.

Let's close this thread and move on to how Zimmerman saved a family from a overturn truck that was leaking gas.
9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #7327
gigantes
Tor Johnson.
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,573
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
So she feels Zimmerman got away with murder yet she feels there was no need for a trial.

Makes perfect sense to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
@gigantes - I'm confused. In one sentence she says 'we followed the law and evidence' but in the next sentence she states 'he got away with murder'...

Is she saying that Zimmerman is MORALLY guilty? Because if she is, I think everybody agrees w/ that... it just doesn't hold any relevancy in the court of law.
yup... it seemed pretty clear to me, also.

her POV is that in the real world he murdered a teenager, but was forced to abide by florida law... forced to acquit. therefore no practical cause for a case, other than the CYA (cover your ass) principle.

my own POV is that she's wrong about it being murder, but florida law is not necessarily the end-all of the real world.
gigantes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:19 AM   #7328
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 12,942
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC system
And that eye witness report seems to support zims claim did it not?

Not exactly. There were conflicting statements from eyewitnesses. Some said Zim was on top. It's just that Good was the best eyewitness and he basically indicated that TM was on top. Even so, all that indicates was that TM was on top for at least a portion of the altercation. Nobody really got a good look of what was happening because it was too dark.

Quote:
Also you seem to not address the pathologist which also confirmed zims story.

What about him? He said the shot was at 90, and it was likely that TM was hanging over Zim at the time of the shot (he didn't exclude the possibility that TM was backing away at the time of the shot).

Quote:
These two pieces of evidence should be enough to show zims story, at least the end of it, was true.

How so? There's nothing to say it was true. Nobody saw the end of the fight. Zim himself said he doesn't even know how it all went down.

Quote:
What isn't assumption is no injuries to trayvon other than the finger, which indicates that zim never hit trayvon.

What's your point?

Quote:
The facts, that we can gather from the eyewitness and pathologist, along with the autopsy indicate trayvon was on top of zim punching him

False.

Quote:
and zims head was at least bouncing on the concrete.

His head could have hit the concrete when they were wrestling around or it could have hit another hard surface on the ground. The ground isn't always soft.

Quote:
Everything else is just speculation and had no business in a court of law.

False.

Quote:
You may think zim is this super criminal that masterminded this whole murder of innocent trayvon

Why in the hell would he need to be a super criminal that masterminded this whole thing? Why couldn't it just be that he panicked and shot TM? Why couldn't it be he used rather poor judgment and shot TM? Why couldn't it be he got caught up in the heat of the moment and shot TM?

Quote:
but this really should not be news. And it especially should not have gotten the attention it did.

There was multiple things about this case. The family was outraged that Zim wasn't arrested so they did what they could to get it attention, others latched on and put whatever racial spin on it that they could. It's not just race, there's also aspects of gun control and self defense/SYG laws that interested people about this. Also, I think the circumstances of the whole thing was also interesting. Hell, the first cop on the scene was said to have arrived just 5 seconds after the gun shot.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #7329
juju151111
NBA All-star
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,256
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Does a black kid have the right in America to take our the garbagehttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2374355/Elderly-neighbor-John-Henry-Spooner-gets-life-parole-shooting-dead-Darius-Simmons-13-year-old-black-boy.html

Good thing their was video. The black kid would of been a wannabe thug if their wasn't.

Last edited by juju151111 : 07-26-2013 at 12:38 PM.
juju151111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #7330
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 19,957
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
there's also aspects of gun control and self defense/SYG laws that interested people about this.

The percentage of people that were interested in this case for those reasons is real minuscule compared to those who jumped on like blind sheep due to the media and other "leaders".

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju151111
Does a black kid have the right in America to take our the garbagehttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2374355/Elderly-neighbor-John-Henry-Spooner-gets-life-parole-shooting-dead-Darius-Simmons-13-year-old-black-boy.html

Good thing their was video. The black kid would of been a wannabe thug if their wasn't.

He was. Thug stole 3k worth of weapons and was using taking the trash out as a cover up for a heroin deal.


Last edited by qrich : 07-26-2013 at 12:43 PM.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #7331
gigantes
Tor Johnson.
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,573
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

this guy...
Quote:


“We certainly would not have advised him to go to the factory that made the gun that he used to shoot Trayvon Martin through the heart,” Shawn Vincent, a spokesman for attorney Mark O’Mara, told Yahoo News. “That was not part of our public relations plan.”

http://news.yahoo.com/lawyer-george-...174609071.html

Last edited by gigantes : 08-23-2013 at 04:48 PM.
gigantes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:45 PM   #7332
CanYouDigIt
Banned
 
CanYouDigIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,795
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Butthurt monkeys are butthurt
CanYouDigIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:45 PM   #7333
PistonsFan#21
College superstar
 
PistonsFan#21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,769
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

does it upset anyone else to see this f*cker smiling and posing for the cameras like its all cool..
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:50 PM   #7334
gigantes
Tor Johnson.
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,573
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanYouDigIt
Butthurt monkeys are butthurt
what exactly are his lawyers butthurt about? also, why are they monkeys??
gigantes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #7335
CanYouDigIt
Banned
 
CanYouDigIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,795
Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
what exactly are his lawyers butthurt about? also, why are they monkeys??
Who are they monkey? You must be a monkey.

Learn proper grammar.

CanYouDigIt is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:40 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy