Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #7306
branslowski
Xanny, Molly, n Dirty

Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily
He wasn't found not guilty? link?

This is why you need to learn how to read.

I quoted him because he's acting like It's no big deal that GZ is taking pictures at gun shops following a high profile case in which he murdered a kid. Read all the previous comments he's made on this matter.

Now, if your talking about the "bolded" parts of dude77's post that I quoted, then you should know that I didn't bold those words, they were already bolded in his original comment. I just quoted his whole statement concerning him trying to defend these tasteless pictures that even GZ's own attorney wasn't too fond of.

Ya understand?
branslowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #7307
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

ahem. zimmerman is --not-- in the news because he had his pic taken at a gunshop.

- he is in the news because his attorneys are calling him out publicly, and for the event in question.
- the event in question is... he had his pic taken during a tour of a gun FACTORY, and the pic was passed on to TMZ news.
- it was a private tour conducted by the son of the company founder.
- the factory is the very same one that made the gun zimmerman used on trayvon martin.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #7308
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
ahem. zimmerman is --not-- in the news because he had his pic taken at a gunshop.

- he is in the news because his attorneys are calling him out publicly, and for the event in question.
- the event in question is... he had his pic taken during a tour of a gun FACTORY, and the pic was passed on to TMZ news.
- it was a private tour conducted by the son of the company founder.
- the factory is the very same one that made the gun zimmerman used on trayvon martin.

For all intents and purposes, it's pretty much the same.

Wouldn't be much different if he went to his local gun store, picked up the same Kel-Tec gun he showed interest in, and posed with it with the guy who runs the store.... Basically the same thing, in the public's eye.

His attorneys called him out after the fact, after it was leaked. His attorneys are pretty much doing damage control for him, I don't even see it as calling him out necessarily as much as they're stating the obvious. They're saying what Zimmerman's PR people would likely say ("we don't agree with it, it's not what we planned, we're going to try and change it blah blah blah")
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:20 PM   #7309
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
For all intents and purposes, it's pretty much the same.

Wouldn't be much different if he went to his local gun store, picked up the same Kel-Tec gun he showed interest in, and posed with it with the guy who runs the store.... Basically the same thing, in the public's eye.

His attorneys called him out after the fact, after it was leaked. His attorneys are pretty much doing damage control for him, I don't even see it as calling him out necessarily as much as they're stating the obvious. They're saying what Zimmerman's PR people would likely say ("we don't agree with it, it's not what we planned, we're going to try and change it blah blah blah")
you’re still just picking and choosing which angles to analyse it from.

if you can’t actually see the foolishness in this on the part of zimmerman, then... well, okay.

but for some, events like this are kind of interesting. is the obliviousness on display here an aberration? or does it fit a pattern? it’s just interesting for some.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #7310
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
youíre still just picking and choosing which angles to analyse it from.

if you canít actually see the foolishness in this on the part of zimmerman, then... well, okay.

but for some, events like this are kind of interesting. is the obliviousness on display here an aberration? or does it fit a pattern? itís just interesting for some.

huh? what am I picking and choosing?

For obvious reasons, posing in pictures at a gun store given his history is not wise and, as I called it a few posts up, egregious.

Having said that, it's probably just some guy taking a FB photo with Zimmerman (enamored by him enough to "give him the tour")... and it got leaked to the public/discovered by the media. If this was deliberate by Zimmerman to provoke the public, I'd be surprised.

Is Zimmerman allowed to have interest in firearms still? Of course. Is he allowed to tour a gun factory? Of course. Should he being doing it publicly? I think that answer is obvious.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #7311
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

@scdac,
if you're saying that you can see the many foolish, oblivious decisions on display here... the rest is not really worth arguing over IMO.

i understand where your POV veers away after that... not trying to tell you how to think or anything. cheers.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #7312
2013 Lakers
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

George Zimmerman in Custody After Gun Incident

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC
Zimmerman's wife, Shellie, recently announced plans to divorce.

Her attorney told ABC News that George pulled a knife on her today after she discovered a firearm in the house they shared. He then pulled a gun on her and her father after a verbal altercation went bad, according to attorney Kelly Sims.
2013 Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #7313
oh the horror
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 Lakers

Dude continues to prove why people were skeptical about him. Yet again, more incidents involving his temper issues
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #7314
32jazz
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
Dude continues to prove why people were skeptical about him. Yet again, more incidents involving his temper issues

This to the already long list of incidents before the age of 27/28.

1)Only accused of child rape by a relative

2)A successful retraining order executed against him by ex for domestic abuse.

3) Arrested on felony charges of assaulting a cop/resisting arrest. Plea bargained down to a misdemeanor CONVICTION of resisting.

4)Followed & eventually killed an unarmed teen who was 'running' from him because he thought Georgie was a 'creepy' ..... 'sex pervert'.

But Trayvon is the thug because he smoked weed & got suspended from school?

5)Now this.

It may only be a basic, run-of-the-mill domestic dispute , but it is obvious to all (but nuts who have made Georgie a folk hero for shooting a Black kid) that this guy has issues.
32jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #7315
oh the horror
NBA Legend

Problem is, if its true as being reported (we will see) it further cements the guy's quickness to pull weapons out when he is in a situation that isn't agreeable on any level.

He just strikes me as dangerous.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #7316
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

george has also been arrested a couple times for speeding after the verdict came out. IIRC the last one was for doing 60mph in a 45 zone a week or two ago, after the factory photo incident.

apparently he had also been accused of profiling about five other youths at the gated community before shooting the last one... and that was after having the job a mere two months at that point. i mean, yow.

when that divorce notice was in the news last week, shellie said that they had to hole up in some backwoods area for a year and a half, worried that they might be attacked every night. IMO there's not a lot of women who can deal with that constant level stress, and it's not like it ever ended, either. divorce was pretty much a no-brainer IMO.

also, apparently when her conviction came down for perjury a couple weeks ago, george was not present. kinda sucks to support your husband all the way in his trial, lie on behalf of him, be put on probation for a year, get a criminal record... and then he's not around for you when you need him.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #7317
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year

Somewhat off topic here, but I recently heard it was proven that zimmerman's black friend was fake.

Anyone here can confirm that or not?
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:25 AM   #7318
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

George Zimmerman's gun up for auction

Quote:
The 9mm pistol that Zimmerman said was used to shoot and kill Trayvon Martin on February 26, 2012 is up for sale in an online auction

Quote:
Item Condition: Used

dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: