Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #826
ZenMaster
Whap'em

Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFish
More like, "don't start fights in Florida."

Sure, but if there was no witnesses the shooter could say just about anything no?
ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #827
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster
Sure, but if there was no witnesses the shooter could say just about anything no?

i used this point earlier when someone brought up a quote zimmerman said. there was no one that say what or who initiated the fight.

and don't believe that link dfish posted. he didn't even post a link with it so it could have been made by anyone.

zimmerman was free to say whatever he wanted because no one was there to prove what he was saying was wrong. so his words cannot be used in a case.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #828
DFish
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP
it seems like some of the neighbors could have done somthing. that sole witness could have easily ran up and stopped the first fight or atleast prevented someone from shooting someone else.

Yeah, it's sad that it could have been prevented in multiple ways. If a witness had pulled Trayvon off of Zimmerman, I'm sure Trayvon would still be alive and just charged with assault.

But that's a very risky move for a third-party witness to make, especially when a gun is involved. I can't fault any of the neighbors for staying back and just calling 911.
DFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #829
ZenMaster
Whap'em

Quote:
Yeah, it's sad that it could have been prevented in multiple ways. If a witness had pulled Trayvon off of Zimmerman, I'm sure Trayvon would still be alive and just charged with assault.

But that's a very risky move for a third-party witness to make, especially when a gun is involved. I can't fault any of the neighbors for staying back and just calling 911.

What's sad is you have to worry that people have a gun to begin with.

Guns create violence and killing, it doesn't prevent it.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #830
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

Quote:

please stop assuming things about who iniatiated what.

i've asked you twice now to post a link to that report picture you posted and i've even PM'd you about it.

post a link to that picture you posted or i can only assume you lying, which is pretty low. then again, you lied about see megan fox at a direcors party or somthing.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:19 PM   #831
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Quote:
How could a witness know Zimmerman's intentions? He can't know why Zimmerman left his SUV, he can only report what he saw happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/19/2703029/us-department-of-justice-fbi-and.html
Zimmerman said he had stepped out of his truck to check the name of the street he was on when Trayvon attacked him from behind as he walked back to his truck, police said. He said he feared for his life and fired the semiautomatic handgun he was licensed to carry because he feared for his life.

Doesn't that seem to contradict the eyewitness report? Who is telling the truth? Why did Zimmerman omit the fact that there was a confrontation between the two?

Why would someone leave their vehicle to check the street they're on? Especially when they just called 911 on someone because they think they're acting suspicious and/or dangerous? Does this make sense?
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:21 PM   #832
DFish
Banned

Quote:

Responsible gun ownership does.

We can't know what would have happened to Zimmerman if he hadn't been armed, but my guess is he wouldn't have been lucky enough to walk away with just a broken nose, bloody head and grassy shirt.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:21 PM   #833
dude77
College star

Quote:
End of story?

That's one ****ed up law, so what if there where no witnesses? You could just kill a person and say he attacked you and that you felt threatened?

I guess these laws are only possible in places where common men are allowed to carry guns(which is retarded to begin with).

I guess the moral of all of this is: don't get into fights in Florida.

yeah it's extreme .. but that's the law in Florida .. and let's be honest .. if someone's on top of you pummeling you, they CAN kill you ..

as for the extreme part .. I just read a story about a guy who chased down a thief he saw stealing his car stereo and stabbed him to death .. the judge threw out the charges
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:22 PM   #834
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

Quote:
Responsible gun ownership does.

We can't know what would have happened to Zimmerman if he hadn't been armed, but my guess is he wouldn't have been lucky enough to walk away with just a broken nose, bloody head and grassy shirt.

are you gonna give me a link for that little report you posted or not?
Old 03-25-2012, 03:23 PM   #835
dude77
College star

Quote:

NO .. criminals create violence and killing .. MANY people have firearms and never 'murder' anyone .. way to excuse the rotten people out there
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #836
DFish
Banned

Quote:
are you gonna give me a link for that little report you posted or not?

The image? Yeah, here's the URL.

It was from this thread.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:28 PM   #837
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

Quote:
The image? Yeah, here's the URL.

It was from this thread.

the images says not found and it's from 4chan.... you are the biggest f*cking liar. it fine to state your opinion on the matter, but you are completely making up facts and trying to pass it as truth
Old 03-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #838
DFish
Banned

Quote:
the images says not found and it's from 4chan.... you are the biggest f*cking liar. it fine to state your opinion on the matter, but you are completely making up facts and trying to pass it as truth

lol... I didn't make anything up. If that report is false then it's false. But I saw an image posted of a report that seemed legit (the address matches the police report) and I posted it here. It wasn't attached to any news article or I would've posted that with it too.

Quote:
Old 03-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #839
ZenMaster
Whap'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
NO .. criminals create violence and killing .. MANY people have firearms and never 'murder' anyone .. way to excuse the rotten people out there

Easy acces to guns makes it easier for criminals to get them, the easy acces to guns for criminals makes it necessary for people to own guns in order to protect them selves, people having guns makes it "necessary" for criminals to carry guns.

It's a spiral that keeps going around, and the proof is that people in the US kill each other with guns at an insane rate compared to other western world countries where guns aren't allowed.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #840
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

Quote:
lol... I didn't make anything up. If that report is false then it's false. But I saw an image posted of a report that seemed legit (the address matches the police report) and I posted it here. It wasn't attached to any news article or I would've posted that with it too.

so anyone who read the police report could have typed that up and used the address. you can't just post that and proclaim it as fact, which is exactly what you did.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: