Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-18-2012, 06:16 PM   #16
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Wilson Chandler signs with Nuggets

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
no, i was just joking you couldn't sign McGhee. Since you all want to assume since you acquired him then he must be great, then i sincerely hope you are able to keep him for a long time, $10 a year for 4 years would be great. Here's hoping...

It's a moot point anyway. They can simply trick McGee into signing a 4 year minimum contract. Then he'll hit his head on the ceiling door.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #17
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
It's a moot point anyway. They can simply trick McGee into signing a 4 year minimum contract. Then he'll hit his head on the ceiling door.
The moot thing is there is no way they can sign McGhee to an extension because there is almost no chance of Karl not killing him at some point.

Nugget fans, not that the Nene move was a bad move (you didn't want him, i get that easily) but it's not a good move because of McGhee, rather despite him. He's arguably the stupidest player in the league. You know how Faried has this amazing athleticism, always seems to be in the right place, gives great effort always, makes timely plays?

Well McGhee has the first quality and the opposite of the last three.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #18
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
The moot thing is there is no way they can sign McGhee to an extension because there is almost no chance of Karl not killing him at some point.

Nugget fans, not that the Nene move was a bad move (you didn't want him, i get that easily) but it's not a good move because of McGhee, rather despite him. He's arguably the stupidest player in the league. You know how Faried has this amazing athleticism, always seems to be in the right place, gives great effort always, makes timely plays?

Well McGhee has the first quality and the opposite of the last three.

The unintentional comedy alone is worth a few million a year.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:32 PM   #19
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory
Entirely possible if some team offers him stupid money like $13+ million a year.

They will probably also see how Mozgov continues to develop and could decide to pay him instead. They already gave Koufos a modest deal as a backup center and they still have Birdman under contract for a few more years for the C position.

If a team offers McGee that much I'd gladly let him walk and take the cap space instead
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:39 PM   #20
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
no, i was just joking you couldn't sign McGhee. Since you all want to assume since you acquired him then he must be great, then i sincerely hope you are able to keep him for a long time, $10 a year for 4 years would be great. Here's hoping...

I have no ideA if he's gonna work out or not. I just like the flexibility we have. Either keep a solid big man or if he doesn't fit in we could have cap space.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:40 PM   #21
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred

I'll reserve judgement on McGee and Denver re-signing him. He's obviously one of the dumbest players in the league but Karl used J.R Smith pretty well. Denver's not filled with low IQ players anymore so McGee being a bonehead might be passable. I have zero expectations for him tho, wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see him come in and get like 15-19 minutes a game while racking up a the DP's and doing something like 4\5\1.5.

I will say the only thing I do like about him is tries hard and wants to be good. He actually seems like a bonehead in the sense that's he's stupid. Half of his laughable plays come from him trying to hard. That one GIF, dude is just sprinting down the floor giving 110%
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:42 PM   #22
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory
Yes they can; they will only have about $47 million committed for next season and that includes Gallos deal kicking in and Chandlers...

The issue will be that Ty Lawson will be due a big payday soon and re-signing McGee to a big deal could send them into the luxury tax when you include Lawsons money.

If McGee has half a brain (I know thats a serious stretch), he should accept something like a 5 year $45 - $50 million deal with Denver*. If they can pull that off, they may be able to give Lawson a big deal and not go into luxury tax - They may need to amnesty someone like Birdman to pull that off.

*That is assuming he impresses Denver over the next few months and they want to keep him around - again I know, thats a slight stretch.

I think it would be interesting from an ego/team chemistry perspective to see how Denver would do with all of their main players earning around $10 million a year. Normally its superstar/s making $15 million+ and then everyone else on a lot less...

Yea.... even that might be high. DeAndre got 4/42 mill. Which is around what McGee should expect.

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 03-18-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #23
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Yea.... even that might be high. DeAndre got 4/42 mill. Which is around what McGee should expect.

Jordan isn't stupid. The Clippers looked like they were on the rise.

Javale McGee...he's not gonna get that much.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #24
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Jordan isn't stupid. The Clippers looked like they were on the rise.

Javale McGee...he's not gonna get that much.

I'm just saying.... 50 mill isn't going to be anywhere near what he gets. 38-42 mill is what he will get.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #25
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Re: After stint in China, Wilson Chandler signs with Nuggets, again

Bump with Nuggets team confirming the signing:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=9475
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: