Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #151
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Manning signs with the Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Maaan, he clearly meant Tebow was more "clutch" last year. Some would say Fisher is more clutch than LeBron .. doesn't mean their better players or they'd rather have them.

Nobody, and I seriously mean that nobody would actually take Tebow over Romo. It's one aspect of being a QB, a very subjective one at that.

Still don't understand how you can't see this

In a couple months he'll ask the same question. Stubborn mule man.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #152
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well excuse me for thinking you would take Tebow over Romo when you made a thread saying "I would take Tebow over Romo"

Lol

Guess you have a small amount of logic in you...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:02 PM   #153
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Maaan, he clearly meant Tebow was more "clutch" last year. Some would say Fisher is more clutch than LeBron .. doesn't mean their better players or they'd rather have them.

Nobody, and I seriously mean that nobody would actually take Tebow over Romo. It's one aspect of being a QB, a very subjective one at that.

Still don't understand how you can't see this
Yeah would some say "I'd take Fisher over LeBron any day of the week"?

Shrugz
Old 03-20-2012, 11:13 PM   #154
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:31 AM   #155
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

I know it sounds silly... but how much of a factor was it that Manning thought "hummmm I was a Colt before... so that means I was equus caballus... now, what other team in the league is an equus caballus... OH, OF COURSE, THE BRONCOS!"

(horse)
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #156
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

The JETS are the leading horse in the Tebow race?

Oh boy...
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #157
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
I know it sounds silly... but how much of a factor was it that Manning thought "hummmm I was a Colt before... so that means I was equus caballus... now, what other team in the league is an equus caballus... OH, OF COURSE, THE BRONCOS!"

(horse)

I think you are confusing the words 'silly' and 'stupid'
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #158
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
The JETS are the leading horse in the Tebow race?

Oh boy...

Tebow is a better game manager than Sanchez.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #159
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Tebow is a better game manager than Sanchez.

Tebow>>>>Sanchez

But NY is not a good fit. Especially with Rex Ryan. Those are like the two biggest polar opposites in sports. And the NY media would kill Tebow at every opportunity.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:50 AM   #160
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #161
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

The signing is kinda ironic. The only way Tebow would have a shot of being a starter for the Broncos this season is if he played well last year. Well he lead the team to a playoff win last year. Normally that would've been enough for any QB to be given one more season but Manning becomes a FA and the team's success last year is one of the big draws for Manning signing with Denver. If Tebow played poorly and the Broncos stunk it up and were drafting in the top 10, there's a good chance Manning doesn't sign with Denver and Tebow might possibly be on the team. In the end, the Broncos and Tebow's success lost Tebow's starting position on Denver. Only Tebow could pull that one off.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:31 PM   #162
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Inside the Peyton Manning contract

Posted by Mike Florio on March 22, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT

When reports initial surfaced regarding Peyton Manningís new contract in Denver, the details were sketchy. Five years, $96 million. Thatís it.

We assumed that the truth was much more complex. We ignored multiple reports regarding the contractual nuances and niceties, opting instead to break it all down for ourselves instead of relying on someone elseís interpretation.

Weíve now gotten to the truth. (Weíve determined that we indeed can handle the truth, and we think you can, too.)

Itís a surprisingly simple deal, based on a review of the information and communications with a source having direct knowledge of the negotiation process. Manning gets an $18 million fully guaranteed base salary for 2012. Though he doesnít get a signing bonus, heíll receive $6 million of the $18 million base salary as an advance.

Then, if Manning is on the Broncosí roster on the final day of the 2012 league year, his base salaries of $20 million in 2013 and $20 million in 2014 become fully guaranteed.

In other words, the Broncos can cut Manning at any point after Super Bowl XLVII and before the last day before the start of the 2013 league year and limit the contract to a one-year, $18 million investment.

Thereís a limited out for the 2014 base salary. If, during the 2013 season, Manning suffers another injury to his neck, the Broncos will be off the hook for the $20 million in 2014. If Manning suffers an injury, regardless of severity, to any other area of his body, he still gets the $20 million in 2014.

Then, if Manning is on the roster on the final day of the 2014 league year (which will occur in February or March of 2015), his base salary of $19 million in 2015 will become fully guaranteed.

Finally, if Manning is on the roster for the final day of the 2015 league year (which will occur in February or March of 2016), his base salary of $19 million for 2016 will be fully guaranteed.

Itís that simple. The Broncos have the unilateral right to drop Manning before the end of the 2012, 2014, or 2015 league year and avoid the remaining $78 million, $38 million, or $19 million, respectively. And if Manning suffers another neck injury during the 2013 season, the deal can be capped at two years and $38 million.

^^^ peyton's contract details

it isn't as big as I thought, infact it is smaller than the Colts in some ways

if he gets injured or just isn't the same he will get cut after the season is over and the Broncos only lose $18m
Old 04-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #163
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Call me crazy, but here is a list of fantasy quarterbacks I would draft before Peyton:

Stafford
Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Eli Manning

Newton
Vick
Romo
Schaub
Ryan

Any thoughts? First group is my first tier, second group is second tier. Neither group is ordered by who I think is better.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #164
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Call me crazy, but here is a list of fantasy quarterbacks I would draft before Peyton:

Stafford
Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Eli Manning

Newton
Vick
Romo
Schaub
Ryan

Any thoughts? First group is my first tier, second group is second tier. Neither group is ordered by who I think is better.

Well sure, you say that now after he's coming off a neck injury and sitting out an entire season. I don't know if I'd necessarily take everyone in that second tier ahead of Manning but obviously we should all be a little reserved and skeptical about Peyton's fantasy potential this year. But, if he gets back to his Indy form, then you get a fantasy QB on the Rodgers, Brady, Brees level at a bargain.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:20 PM   #165
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Well sure, you say that now after he's coming off a neck injury and sitting out an entire season. I don't know if I'd necessarily take everyone in that second tier ahead of Manning but obviously we should all be a little reserved and skeptical about Peyton's fantasy potential this year. But, if he gets back to his Indy form, then you get a fantasy QB on the Rodgers, Brady, Brees level at a bargain.

I am also saying that I think that is where his fantasy stats will be this year. I don't think he is going to be able to get back to the level he was at, and his stats were already on the decline.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: