Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 03-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #1
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here
Default 2012 Trade Deadline Deal: GS trade SJax To Spurs for Richard Jefferson + 1st

https://twitter.com/#!/RicBucher/sta...50798872576000

Quote:
Source: RJefferson for SJackson being discussed.

Per Ric Bucher.

Not much, but a rumor is a rumor and we are now only an hour away.

Now that S-Jax is in GS again rather than Milwaukee (where we got RJ originally) this trade seems much more possible.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #2
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Trade Deadline Rumor: Stephen Jackson for Richard Jefferson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT
https://twitter.com/#!/RicBucher/sta...50798872576000

Per Ric Bucher.

Not much, but a rumor is a rumor and we are now only an hour away.

Now that S-Jax is in GS again rather than Milwaukee (where we got RJ originally) this trade seems much more possible.
Terrible trade. Jefferson is playing better than S-Jax this season and makes less money.

Edit: Not saying Jefferson is playing good. But Jackson is playing like trash.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why does GS want Jefferson? He's owed a lot of money still
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #4
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

Captain Jack is making a tour of all his old teams
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #5
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
Terrible trade. Jefferson is playing better than S-Jax this season and makes less money.

Jackson would probably straighten up somewhat being on a team with a top record in the NBA. We are paying RJ ALOT for his mediocre play and I think it's time for a change up. If S-Jax can just sit and knock down open 3 pointers, that would be good enough for me to make this trade fly.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #6
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

If Spurs trade Jefferson then they have no one to amnesty next season. Jackson will be better at San Antonio, but he's not worth being a starter. Off the bench for Leonard...but over $9Million...they won't be able to amnesty him so he'll be on the team one year, which could just be a waste of money.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #7
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT
Jackson would probably straighten up somewhat being on a team with a top record in the NBA. We are paying RJ ALOT for his mediocre play and I think it's time for a change up. If S-Jax can just sit and knock down open 3 pointers, that would be good enough for me to make this trade fly.
Pretty big gamble. But I guess they might as well try something.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #8
Wonder Bread Kid
My Pimp Hand Is Lethal

Wonder Bread Kid has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
If Spurs trade Jefferson then they have no one to amnesty next season. Jackson will be better at San Antonio, but he's not worth being a starter. Off the bench for Leonard...but over $9Million...they won't be able to amnesty him so he'll be on the team one year, which could just be a waste of money.

We can amnesty bonner. I hate bonner.
Wonder Bread Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #9

Cap Jack playing motivated on his game with the Spurs.. look the **** out

Obviously a gamble, but I like it if I'm Spurs fan
Old 03-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #10
Wonder Bread Kid
My Pimp Hand Is Lethal

Quote:

Jackson hated his situation and was unmotivated. In SA he'd be competing for a title, have his close friend Duncan and Pop coaching him. He'd thrive in SA versus Jefferson who just sucks.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #11
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

Quote:
Pretty big gamble. But I guess they might as well try something.

It's not like we are expecting much from RJ come playoff time. He can easily be replaced by Kawhi Leonard (who usually plays better than him coming off the bench) in the current rotation. The most important thing we lose in losing RJ is three point shooting, but we have plenty of that on the roster so it's not much of a concern. Give me this trade all day.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #12
Wonder Bread Kid
My Pimp Hand Is Lethal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 824
Cap Jack playing motivated on his game with the Spurs.. look the **** out

Obviously a gamble, but I like it if I'm Spurs fan

Hell yeah! Imagine having Manu, Jax, Neal on the court. Talk about clutch!
Old 03-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #13
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

Quote:
With less than hour before trade deadline, source says GS in advanced discussions about dealing Stephen Jackson to SA for Richard Jefferson.

@spearsnbayahoo

Interesting the Spurs pursuing this so late. 48 minutes left, get it done!
Old 03-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #14
Haymaker
College star

Haymaker has decent reputationHaymaker has decent reputation

I'm all for it. I'd rather have Gerald Wallace, but Jackson can score, defend and hit big shots. Coach pop knows how to handle him.
Haymaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #15
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

I actually considered this same trade yesterday... Captain Jack valued his time in San Antonio and could be great there again with the discipline of Pop and a system that he respects. He's also great Manu insurance for the playoffs. Manu/SJax/Neal is a damn near flawless SG rotation.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: