Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 03-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

Default 2 great franchises, 2 bad releases

Resident Evil ORC and Ninja Gaiden 3 came out today. I purchased the Limited Edition of ORC and the Collector's Edition of NG3. So much for release date gaming? ORC is rated as a 4.0 on IGN, while NG3 falls even shorter with 3.0. What is going on with great franchises? These are two of the best franchises in gaming IMO and they put out 2 weak ass games. Ninja Gaiden 3 going away from it's ridiculous controls, blood and tough learning curve, and RE releasing a game outside of the original story. I still expected a decent game. Not the absolute shit they put out!

Today is a sad day for gaming.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
04mzwach

Default Re: 2 great franchises, 2 bad releases

Resident Evil ORC is basically a team based first person shooter
Old 03-20-2012, 07:37 PM   #3
jaydacris
Banned

wow ninja gaiden 3 getting ripped apart in reviews
sounds like a terrible game

that makes me so sad... i loved ninja gaiden on xbox (when i wasnt yelling at my screen for the retarded difficulty at times)
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

I got ORC on the 360, but havenít played it yet. Itís not getting the greatest professional reviews, but itís getting mixed reviews from players. Many of them like itÖ..so based on this Iím gonna give it a shot. This game runs parallel to RE 2 and 3Ö..so itís just adding to the story of these two games. The true test for the RE universe will be RE 6. ORC just gives you a ďwhat ifĒ view from the Umbrella sideÖ.what if you could play as Umbrella trying to keep everything hush hush.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #5
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Resident Evil was never a great franchise. Maybe two classics in two dozen releases? A lot of them were nice in a really campy sort of way, but let's not put too much stock in that.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #6
04mzwach

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Resident Evil was never a great franchise. Maybe two classics in two dozen releases? A lot of them were nice in a really campy sort of way, but let's not put too much stock in that.
Hmm, consistently putting out good to great games in the same storyline of games. Yeah, I'd say it's a great franchise. There isn't one Resident Evil game 1-5 that you can say is a bad game or even close to a bad game. Zero was kind of eghh, but otherwise they're consistent.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #7
niko
I Run NY.

Ninja Gaiden sucks. I got to play it in the video game store i frequent (they were warning me away). Not sure wtf they were thinking when they made it.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:14 AM   #8
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Ninja Gaiden sucks. I got to play it in the video game store i frequent (they were warning me away). Not sure wtf they were thinking when they made it.

The original creator of the series got fired (for indencency and sexual harassment ) sometime around the conclusion of NG2.

That might have something to do with the game not being at all comparible to the first two games.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:22 PM   #9
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

In my humble opinion Resident Evil is severely overrated by players as a franchise. It's pretty damn good, don't get me wrong, but it fails to reach the level of other games. It's one of the better super populated franchises, since most others putting out that many games don't reach that level but in comparison to other titles it falls flat.

Ninja Gaiden? Awesome. But for me personally I never got into it. Like I can see why people love it, I get it, but when I play it it doesn't inspire in me any sort of major reaction.

Have heard that both recent releases suck ass though.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:23 PM   #10
04mzwach

Quote:

Have heard that both recent releases suck ass though.

Last 2 were great, unless you're a hardcore 2D fan.

Quote:
The original creator of the series got fired. That might have something to do with the game not being at all comparible to the first two games.

Yeah, that has a lot to do with it. It's not terribly hard to not stray away from what made it great though. Insert different stages, different story and have the same gameplay with added flair? Maybe it's harder than I think though.

I can't wait for the newest MGS also. I know it's not going to be Snake, but I'm expecting a great game despite the original team getting dropped. Platinum Games really know how to make games. I think they may be one of the better ones in years to come. Bayonetta is already one of my favorites.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: