Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #46
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Saints Suspensions

The more I think about it, the more I agree with all of the suspensions, these are so harsh that he sure as **** had to make sure it'll never happen again.

I don't really understand why people keep bitching about Goodell turning football soft, he's really not, he's protecting the players and the NFL, because the NFL is repeatedly getting sued by former players. He's being smart.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #47
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Way to go out on a limb there.
When you don't have anything useful to say you don't actually have to reply.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #48
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
The more I think about it, the more I agree with all of the suspensions, these are so harsh that he sure as **** had to make sure it'll never happen again.

I don't really understand why people keep bitching about Goodell turning football soft, he's really not, he's protecting the players and the NFL, because the NFL is repeatedly getting sued by former players. He's being smart.
Agreed, and it also shows that he's not just going after the players, that he'll take on management. There can be racial undertones to these kinds of decisions when the white commissioner punishes the black players, but a case like this reduces the validity of that sentiment.

Seems like Goodell is getting harsher, if Spygate happened now Belichick might have missed a few games. Wouldn't have gotten it as bad as Payton though.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #49
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputation

Honestly stupid decision and way too harsh.

Did Payton go into the stands and fight the fans? Was he caught videotaping the other team? No. So he has to miss a whole season because Goodell is a hypocrite. Wants to tk about player safety yet he wants to add more Thursday night games. Moron.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:46 PM   #50
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8

Did Payton go into the stands and fight the fans? Was he caught videotaping the other team? No. So he has to miss a whole season because Goodell is a hypocrite. Wants to tk about player safety yet he wants to add more Thursday night games. Moron.
If you ran the NFL, and each week you were getting slapped with lawsuits from former players who have suffered concussions in the past, and it's costing a lot of money, and former players are all screwed up and have brain injuries from vicious hits they suffered, you wouldn't try and stop it? You're the one being a hypocrite.

Maybe the punishment was too harsh, but it needed to be, because this type or shit can't go on in the NFL, and I doubt it will after Goodell's punishments. Good for him.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:29 AM   #51
stallionaire
UNITED WE RUN #WOLVES

stallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Not harsh enough.

We're talking about people's lives.

He needed to make an example of those punks.

Anyone who thinks that the NFL is getting soft is mostl ikely 13. These guys are running at eachother full speed wearing ****ing armor and laying eachother out nearly killing one another. Wise up.
stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:39 AM   #52
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
If you ran the NFL, and each week you were getting slapped with lawsuits from former players who have suffered concussions in the past, and it's costing a lot of money, and former players are all screwed up and have brain injuries from vicious hits they suffered, you wouldn't try and stop it? You're the one being a hypocrite.

Maybe the punishment was too harsh, but it needed to be, because this type or shit can't go on in the NFL, and I doubt it will after Goodell's punishments. Good for him.

How would I be a hypocrite?? You, as a player know exactly what you are signing up for. It's a violent, barbaric sport. There is competitiveness, passion, possible PED use which messes with your brain so obviously injuries occur. Do you think UFC fighters have the right to blame Dana White if they suffer brain damage because of their championship loss? No, because they know it comes with the territory.

With the way he's p*ssyfying the league I won't be surprised if the SB is played on South Beach with each team rocking tassles around their waste.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:41 AM   #53
DMV2
NBA All-star

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I remember commentators commenting about how Greg Williams took pride in his players delivering big hits during their Super Bowl.

I never thought much of it but I guess they've been doing this for years. That's probably Goodell went hard on them.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #54
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
I remember commentators commenting about how Greg Williams took pride in his players delivering big hits during their Super Bowl.

I never thought much of it but I guess they've been doing this for years. That's probably Goodell went hard on them.
All coaches encourage big hits, to be fair.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #55
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The teams get a memo four times a year saying bounties are not acceptable and if they pay them they face stiff penalties. They are required to (and its mailed twice a year in case it gets messed up) post a poster saying this same thing in big letters.

The saints personally were called and told to discontinue the bounties and replied that they would.

So, explain to me why i am supposed to feel bad about the punishments?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:31 AM   #56
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

He's part of an extensive email trail with his coaches, GM and a convicted felon who offered $10,000 of his own money to take a player out of a game. He lied to the owner, his employer, and the league about the existence of the bounty program. He's lucky he wasn't banned for life.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #57
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Roger Goodell is a piece of shit f@ggot for many reasons, this maybe cracking the top 3rd
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:15 AM   #58
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Payton had to know, it's totally illogical to think he didn't with the way he runs his team. And there was enough anecdotal evidence. And even if there wasn't, not suspending him puts the coach in a position of plausible deniability to avoid punishment for these type of things, which the league cannot allow.

It's not anecdotal. There's an email trail clearly showing that he knew. The league has pages and pages of correspondence between Payton, coaches, the GM and, reportedly, a convicted felon who offered $10K of his own money as a player bounty.

The facts are out there.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:17 AM   #59
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler
How was Sean Peyton involved in this bounty stuff? Do I not have all the facts?

Apparently not. Is that on Goodell too?
Old 03-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #60
irondarts

Quote:
How would I be a hypocrite?? You, as a player know exactly what you are signing up for. It's a violent, barbaric sport. There is competitiveness, passion, possible PED use which messes with your brain so obviously injuries occur. Do you think UFC fighters have the right to blame Dana White if they suffer brain damage because of their championship loss? No, because they know it comes with the territory.

With the way he's p*ssyfying the league I won't be surprised if the SB is played on South Beach with each team rocking tassles around their waste.
Give me a break. Every team knows this isn't allowed, they're told at least once a year.

The NFL warned the Saints, and they ignored them and then lied about it. Punishment may be not enough.

The NFL isn't pussyfied, it's just trying to become safer, nothing wrong with that. If NFL players know what they're signing up for, why are they suing the NFL now for brain injuries? Exactly. Roger Goodell is running a business and he needs to take care of it's interests and the interest of the players. Even if the players are upset about it now. later on they won't be.

And BTW, how is the NFL any different? Every time I watch an NFL game, I still see the same passion, competitiveness, etc. The only difference now is when a player makes a dirty hit, they are penalized for it, what the hell is wrong with that?

Last edited by irondarts : 03-22-2012 at 09:47 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: