Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

Default Great article on the Warriors....aka how to keep on effing up in the NBA

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-60-easy-steps
Quote:
21. We can't just casually skip over this Webber thing. He had just won Rookie of the Year and unleashed a free-flowing, up-and-down, uber-athletic, cerebral offensive game that had absolutely nothing in common with anything that had ever happened in the NBA before. If 1994 Me wrote my annual "Who Has the Highest Trade Value" column that summer, Shaq would have gone first, Robinson and Hakeem would have gone second and third, and Webber would have gone fourth yes, ahead of Karl Malone, Scottie Pippen, Shawn Kemp, Grant Hill and everyone else. When someone that talented blows through your city and disappears just as fast, you don't just salvage that, and you certainly don't recover from it. The Warriors were never, ever the same.

This is why I hate Chris Webber
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
Tmuston Beltics
Local High School Star

Default Re: Great article on the Warriors....aka how to keep on effing up in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySanchez

Lol I don't even know what you talking about but K. Dam Webber..
Tmuston Beltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:12 PM   #3
hawkfan
Billy Ocean Fan

Default Re: Great article on the Warriors....aka how to keep on effing up in the NBA

The Warriors had a good team a few years ago and Don Nelson really screwed it up. And guys don't want to go there.

That said, it takes one guy to change the entire culture of a team.

The Clippers got Blake Griffin. Now they have built a nice team around him.

You never know. Maybe Bogut gets healthy and the Warriors turn it around. It can be done.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #4
LockoutOver11
KIDD & A.I. ERA

OMG, I read all that

LockoutOver11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:00 PM   #5
Dbrog

I read it all haha! It was actually an amazing article. Now I will have the insight to know that whoever picks after Golden State this year (if they end up having a pick), will have a great player
Dbrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #6
DirtySanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrog
I read it all haha! It was actually an amazing article. Now I will have the insight to know that whoever picks after Golden State this year (if they end up having a pick), will have a great player

lol yup

Or if the Warriors send a player via trade etc. Those players will be all stars or win a title!!!
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:14 PM   #7
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

your anger is misplaced.

Nelly is the guy you want to be mad at. He was the one who alienated Webb. Not that Webber was in the right, but at the time, the NBA was loaded with centers, and Webber is, and always was, a power forward who liked to play up high rather than down low
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: