Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-12-2007, 02:23 AM   #16
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

He's not "hating" on Nash.

He's using rational explanations to explain his honest view that Nash shouldn't have been MVP.

There's a difference.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:24 AM   #17
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force
Shaq was kinda robbed in 04'. It was decided by 1 vote so that shows how close it was even though Nash got his jock ridden hard by all the media. He deserved it last year, but the same case could have been made by Lebron. Lebron did 31-7-7? Dirk and Kobe deserved mentioned too but I thought it was between Nash and Lebron.

If Nash doesn't win it this year, a big part of it will be because he's already won it twice before. You really can argue that he deserves it more this year than the previous two years

Shaq missed something like the last ten games of the regular season that year. Like it or not, that sealed his fate

why do people always ignore this fact. That is the main reason Nash was chosen ahead of him
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:25 AM   #18
NashIzGod
Kids at the park dunk on me

NashIzGod has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force
Shaq was kinda robbed in 04'. It was decided by 1 vote so that shows how close it was even though Nash got his jock ridden hard by all the media. He deserved it last year, but the same case could have been made by Lebron. Lebron did 31-7-7? Dirk and Kobe deserved mentioned too but I thought it was between Nash and Lebron.

If Nash doesn't win it this year, a big part of it will be because he's already won it twice before. You really can argue that he deserves it more this year than the previous two years

I would not have argued if Lebron got the MVP last year. He was simply awesome, too. The passing abilities and basketball IQ of LBJ and Nash is what separate them from the rest of the great ballers.
NashIzGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:26 AM   #19
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Barkely was saying the same exact thing I was a few days ago...shaq in 05, dirk in 06...

nevermind that, suns better get to the finals or we're about to witness a 3peat MVP winner not getting to the finals once. MVP is a reg season award? Ok but being a multiple time MVP winner, let alone 3 times, puts you on a level with all the greats...the greats who stepped up on the biggest stage and dominated.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:27 AM   #20
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops

He's using rational explanations to explain his honest view that Nash shouldn't have been MVP.

There's a difference.

au-contraire ISH pere

the MVP of 05 and 04 is old news. For Barkley to bring it up now is kind of irrelevant and shows it has been on his mind.

Chuck's my all time fave player (well he's the fave I cheat on Sam Perkins with anyways), but we all know he cant keep his opinions to himself or his mouth shut.

The fact he hasn't gotten over it and still needs to bring it up shows he is hating.

c'mon, your a journo, you should recognize these things.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:28 AM   #21
NashIzGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Barkely was saying the same exact thing I was a few days ago...shaq in 05, dirk in 06...

nevermind that, suns better get to the finals or we're about to witness a 3peat MVP winner not getting to the finals once. MVP is a reg season award? Ok but being a multiple time MVP winner, let alone 3 times, puts you on a level with all the greats...the greats who stepped up on the biggest stage and dominated.

This has NOTHING to do with anything. Each MVP is based on EACH year. What happened with Wilt, Russel, and Bird has NOTHING to do with the 2006-2007. NOTHING! You look at game #1 through game #82 and decide. BTW, it's not liked Nash has sucked in the playoffs.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:29 AM   #22
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Who would have had the worst record if they werent reprsented by their star? The Bulls or Suns?

Well the suns were good before Barkley.....but you do know that Jordan retired that year and the Bulls won 55 games without him right(after 57 in 93)? They added rookie Kukoc but basically the same core was one of the best teams in the NBA.

If its that "Without them which team is worse?" thing that should have decided MVP in 93 then Hakeem should have won it. He averaged like 26/13/4/4blocks/2steals won defensive player of the year and won 55 games with Vernon Maxwell, Kenny Smith, and Otis Thorpe as his supporting cast.

Barkley and Jordan both had teams that would have been good with or without them in 1993.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:31 AM   #23
NashIzGod

Quote:

There's a difference.

Wrong. Charles kept contradicting himself. His rationale of more wins = MVP is also stupid. So if Nash wins 61 games and Dirk wins 60 games, then Nash automatically wins the MVP for winning 1 measly extra game. BFD.

I think Barks is pissed that Nash has move MVPs than he does. Barks is probably pissed that Nash still has a chance to win more rings that he got.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:35 AM   #24
NashIzGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Well the suns were good before Barkley.....but you do know that Jordan retired that year and the Bulls won 55 games without him right(after 57 in 93)? They added rookie Kukoc but basically the same core was one of the best teams in the NBA.

If its that "Without them which team is worse?" thing that should have decided MVP in 93 then Hakeem should have won it. He averaged like 26/13/4/4blocks/2steals won defensive player of the year and won 55 games with Vernon Maxwell, Kenny Smith, and Otis Thorpe as his supporting cast.

Barkley and Jordan both had teams that would have been good with or without them in 1993.

HA! That is a great point! You're right: Jordan didn't deserve any of those MVPs since the Bulls were still a very good team without him. In fact, the Bulls were only a few plays from beating the Knicks and getting to the NBA finals. I

'm obviously being sarcastic, but you make a great point to those who continue to say that Nash does not deserve his hardware.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:46 AM   #25
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
au-contraire ISH pere

the MVP of 05 and 04 is old news. For Barkley to bring it up now is kind of irrelevant and shows it has been on his mind.

Chuck's my all time fave player (well he's the fave I cheat on Sam Perkins with anyways), but we all know he cant keep his opinions to himself or his mouth shut.

The fact he hasn't gotten over it and still needs to bring it up shows he is hating.

c'mon, your a journo, you should recognize these things.

So if you disagree with an award, but it's old news, then you're "hating?"

So if something is more than 2 years old, you have to agree with it, or else you're a "hater?"

Not sure about this logic.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:54 AM   #26
NashIzGod

Quote:
So if you disagree with an award, but it's old news, then you're "hating?"

So if something is more than 2 years old, you have to agree with it, or else you're a "hater?"

Not sure about this logic.

Barks is just pissed that Nash is going to end up the All-Time best Sun, and it ain't gonna be Sir Charles!
Old 01-12-2007, 03:28 AM   #27
FabCasablancas
Banned

FabCasablancas has decent reputation

Where's Tmacsonegoodeye? Barkley is saying the exact same thing I have been saying since Nash won his first MVP.. but when I say it Tmoge says I am a "Dirk groupie and just trying to discredit Nash to make Dirk look good".

Barkley is one of the biggest racists and Dirk haters out there and even he has changed his tune about Dirk yet TMOGE is still spouting the same BS.. what does that tell you?

Last edited by FabCasablancas : 01-12-2007 at 05:07 AM.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:36 AM   #28
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
Where's Tmacsonegoodeye? Barklye is saying the exact same thing I ahve been saying since nahs won his first MVP.. but when I say it Tmoge says I am a "Drik groupie and just trying to discredit Nahs to amke Dirk look good".

Barklley is one of the biggest racists and Dirk haters out there and even he has changed his tune about Dirk yet TMOGE is still spouting the same BS.. what does that tell you?

that Barkely is one of TMOGE's aliases
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:43 AM   #29
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashIzGod
Watcha all think of the TNT postgame and halftime? In the postgame, Barkley came up with every reason alive not to give Nash the MVP. He said that Dirk deserved it last year.

Barkley kept contradicting himself. He kept saying that Dirk deserved it in 2005 since he had a better record than Nash. However, he said that Shaq deserved it over Nash in 2004. Although, I believe, Phoenix had the best record that year.

More Barkley crap:

"Reporters are full of it" (for their MVP votes)
"Cleveland is a terrible team" (cuz PHX was smakin' them)

The Nash hatefest continues. WTF are people gonna do when PHX wins it all?????

No he said Nash deserved it over Shaq because Phoenix's record was better.

He did say he voted for Dirk last year.

This year he is saying he will see who has the best record at the end of the year, then he will vote for Nash or Dirk based on that.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:47 AM   #30
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetriangle
Nash deserved the first. Did not the second. Does this year but won't win.

Charles wasn't contradicting himself, if he says Dirk should've won because he had the record doesn't mean that he believes it dogma for the better record franchise player to win. It was just correspondent to Nowitzki and Nash.

As for Shaq, I guess Charles believed that Shaq absolutely proved his worth by transforming a subpar heat team into an elite squad in his first year with them. Also, Nash was 15 and 11 the first year he won it. Whatever anyone says, those aren't MVP numbers. So that can be a point.

But I do believe he deserved the first one. Just don't be questioning based on your love for Nash. Its the same way laker/kobe/dallas groupies behave. Zero objectivity.

Go Lakers.

Last year he deserved more than the first year.

He had no Amare and no Joe Johnson, yet the Suns were able to be one of the best teams in the league last year.

He took a throw in in Boris Diaw and turned him into a top level player. Diaw was thought to be merely a throw in, but Phoenix is looking at him to be one of their starters for the next 8-10 years.

Also Nash got the best seasons out of James Jones, Raja Bell.

He turned Tim Thomas into a good player.

That said, Dirk also was very deserving last year, and is very deserving this year.

If Nash wins, he deserves it because he is actually better than last season. If Dirk wins it, he is deserving as well, since he has improved his defense and rebounding and is one of the best players in the league.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: