Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-12-2007, 03:49 AM   #31
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashIzGod
Watcha all think of the TNT postgame and halftime? In the postgame, Barkley came up with every reason alive not to give Nash the MVP. He said that Dirk deserved it last year.

Barkley kept contradicting himself. He kept saying that Dirk deserved it in 2005 since he had a better record than Nash. However, he said that Shaq deserved it over Nash in 2004. Although, I believe, Phoenix had the best record that year.

More Barkley crap:

"Reporters are full of it" (for their MVP votes)
"Cleveland is a terrible team" (cuz PHX was smakin' them)

The Nash hatefest continues. WTF are people gonna do when PHX wins it all?????

Nash is the best point guard in the NBA no question but the MVP this year is a two man race between Kobe and Arenas......
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:57 AM   #32
FabCasablancas
Banned

FabCasablancas has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
that Barkely is one of TMOGE's aliases

Busted. You just can't help but out yourself can you..
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:34 AM   #33
awsmori
I brick open layups

awsmori has not been impressing people

how can kobe just be a mention last year...he f***in did history all year last season...63 over 3 qrtrs, 81 on raps, etc, ect and he had crap of a supporting cast...odom only came alive with only a month left in the season..oh yea and they almost beat the suns in the playoffs thanks to Tim Thomas for saving the suns....Kobe was the real MVP of last year...but since he is the most hated player ever...kobe will never win the MVP
awsmori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:51 AM   #34
mongePR(kb24)
kb24 to boston

mongePR(kb24) has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsmori
how can kobe just be a mention last year...he f***in did history all year last season...63 over 3 qrtrs, 81 on raps, etc, ect and he had crap of a supporting cast...odom only came alive with only a month left in the season..oh yea and they almost beat the suns in the playoffs thanks to Tim Thomas for saving the suns....Kobe was the real MVP of last year...but since he is the most hated player ever...kobe will never win the MVP

word...

and regarding steve nash

he deserves it more this year... over 50% from the field and from 3 point, more pts's and more ast's than last season!

but is a young season to speculate something!
mongePR(kb24) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:01 AM   #35
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Just because a player does not recieve a MVP award does not mean anybody is hating on that player. Nash isn't deserving of MVP award in my mind, there's not even statistical evidence to prove he deserves the award. For all we know coach D'Antoni is the real genius behind the Suns. Nash has great passing and shooting ability, but D'Antoni is the reason the Suns work in my mind. His stats aren't as good as other winners and KG, Duncan and Dirk I would for sure put above Nash. I'd even go so far as to say that he's not the best point gaurd in the league. Tony Parker is the best point gaurd in the NBA. People really don't realize how good Tony Parker is, despite he isn't a 90% free throw shooter. Tony Parker is only maybe 24 or 25?
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:03 AM   #36
Force
National High School Star

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation

Kobe had a great season last year and made history, thats true. He also took 27 shots a game and people questioned if he was making his teammates better. I think even Kobe fans will now agree that "Kobe ball" isn't the best way for the Lakers to succeed. He's playing much better team ball this year and it has shown in their W-L column. He has a much better chance of winning it this year although his defense was been downright crappy this season. I know his knee's are 100% but it's kind of shocking to see him get killed so much with his defense this year. Admittedly, his controversial reputation defineitly hurts his chances of winning the MVP.

But let's please not forget that Lebron did 31-7-7 and he was 20 years old for part of the season. He was playing for a very inexperienced coach, with a bunch of teammates who had no real successful veteran experience and they still got their 50 wins. How is that even possible for a 20 year old? 31-7-7 might not be done for a long time. Seriously, one of the main arguments people used for him not winning it, was "well, he has a bunch of years to win it later on", which is stupid. I would have had no problem with him winning, although Nash was fine choice as well.

In closing, I think the whole MVP award isn't as important as people make it out to be though. We all know who the best players in the league are and it's about winning and winning in the playoffs.
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:04 AM   #37
FabCasablancas
Banned

Kobe sucked the seaosn before without Phil Jackson. Yes Kobe scored a lot.. but he did nothing else. Phil Jackson set it up where Kobe did all the scoring and everyone else did all the dirty work. Phil did this to get Kobe's obession with stats out of his system.

Did you ever see BREWSTER'S MILLIONS with Richard Pryor? That was Kobe last seasons. Kobe was Richard Pryor and Phil Jackson was the old rich white uncle who left Kobe points instead of millions.. Phil was trying to get the scoring out of Kobe's system just like the old rich guy was tyring to get the need to spend money out of Pryor's character.

The point is that Kobe's scoring was a creation of Phil Jackson to try to make him into a team player and to win even with his selfishness. That's no MVP. Kobe's teammates made Kobe better not the other way around.. they were the ones creaitng offense for him by setting screens and Odom creating shots for Kobe.. I think since Phil jackson has been back to the Laker that Odom has been the Lakers true MVP not Kobe. I think even Kobe realized this and it caused him to try to play more like Odom did last season.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:06 AM   #38
Force
National High School Star

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation

04Mzwach,
Nash is doing 20/10...that hasn't been done is over 10 years, according to espn. Tim Hardaway was the last to ever do it in 92. So don't try to use stats to show how Nash doesn't deserve it, because its' not a very good way to do it. That doesn't even include the W/L stat either. Try to focus on something else
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:08 AM   #39
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
Kobe sucked the seaosn before without Phil Jackson. Yes Kobe scored a lot.. but he did nothing else. Phil Jackson set it up where Kobe did all the scoring and everyone else did all the dirty work. Phil did this to get Kobe's obession with stats out of his system.

Did you ever see BREWSTER'S MILLIONS with Richard Pryor? That was Kobe last seasons. Kobe was Richard Pryor and Phil Jackson was the old rich white uncle who left Kobe points instead of millions.. Phil was trying to get the scoring out of Kobe's system just like the old rich guy was tyring to get the need to spend money out of Pryor's character.

The point is that Kobe's scoring was a creation of Phil Jackson to try to make him into a team player and to win even with his selfishness. That's no MVP. Kobe's teammates made Kobe better not the other way around.. they were the ones creaitng offense for him by setting screens and Odom creating shots for Kobe.. I think since Phil jackson has been back to the Laker that Odom has been the Lakers true MVP not Kobe. I think even Kobe realized this and it caused him to try to play more like Odom did last season.

fab, you love speculating sh!t dont you? because it flows right with your agenda.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:41 AM   #40
FabCasablancas
Banned

Sounds like you are talking about your speculation of me.. it flows right along with your agenda, Tmacs..
Old 01-12-2007, 05:44 AM   #41
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
Sounds like you are talking about your speculation of me.. it flows right along with your agenda, Tmacs..

you realize I never argue with you on that anymore, you're paranoid with tmacs.

but seriously man, why dont you ever man up and provide hard backup to your claims rather than just writing down some script you have in your head?
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:58 AM   #42
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashIzGod
Watcha all think of the TNT postgame and halftime? In the postgame, Barkley came up with every reason alive not to give Nash the MVP. He said that Dirk deserved it last year.

Barkley kept contradicting himself. He kept saying that Dirk deserved it in 2005 since he had a better record than Nash. However, he said that Shaq deserved it over Nash in 2004. Although, I believe, Phoenix had the best record that year.

More Barkley crap:

"Reporters are full of it" (for their MVP votes)
"Cleveland is a terrible team" (cuz PHX was smakin' them)

The Nash hatefest continues. WTF are people gonna do when PHX wins it all?????

Clown you need to just stop with this nonsense.

Barkley gave Nash plenty of respect, just becuase he felt Dirk was more deserving that makes it hating?

Stop twisting Barkleys words and taking them out of context to start sh*t. Barkley's "the voters are full of it" has NOTHING to do with Nash winning, he said that way later, about the potential situation of voters NOT voting for Nash because they don't want to give him three straight. So actually his "voters are full of it" means if people don't vote for Nash this year SIMPLY because he already has two, that's stupid. So do you get it moron? HE'S HELPING OUT NASH HERE BY SAYING HE SHOULDN'T LOSE VOTES SIMPLY BECAUSE HE WON TWO STRAIGHT ALREADY. Barkley showed PLENTY PLENTY of respect for Nash all show and only said Dirk deserved it more last year. This year he said it will probably come down to Nash and Dirk.

In fact, the very first thing he said on the show was a compliment to Nash. I don't know if you're really that stupid to misinterpret all the stuff Barkley said or you're just blatantly trying to twist words to start a heated debate. But regardless you're pathetic.

The amount of stupid on this board is amazing.

I hope most of you guys don't buy this guy's crap, if you didn't see the show and read his post, you'd think Barkley was anti Nash.

Last edited by EricForman : 01-12-2007 at 06:05 AM.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:08 AM   #43
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
So if you disagree with an award, but it's old news, then you're "hating?"

So if something is more than 2 years old, you have to agree with it, or else you're a "hater?"

Not sure about this logic.

now you are over-simplifying it.

The better question should be why is it always a topic with him?

And my logic is such that he still keeps bringing up, even though the topic was discussed ad nauseum on several different occasions.

Chuck can't help himself.

He's hating in the sense that he always needs to downgrade Steve's performance in some way. Even when Steve epitomizes unselfishness by distributing 21 assists in a lop-sided victory against the best team in the East, old Chuckster is hating on him about not deserving an award that other's gave to him.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:13 AM   #44
FabCasablancas
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
you realize I never argue with you on that anymore, you're paranoid with tmacs.

but seriously man, why dont you ever man up and provide hard backup to your claims rather than just writing down some script you have in your head?

Where are your hard facts to refute what I am claiming, hypocrite?
Old 01-12-2007, 06:14 AM   #45
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
now you are over-simplifying it.

The better question should be why is it always a topic with him?

And my logic is such that he still keeps bringing up, even though the topic was discussed ad nauseum on several different occasions.

Chuck can't help himself.

He's hating in the sense that he always needs to downgrade Steve's performance in some way. Even when Steve epitomizes unselfishness by distributing 21 assists in a lop-sided victory against the best team in the East, old Chuckster is hating on him about not deserving an award that other's gave to him.

Did you even watch the show tonight? Where the hell you getting the idea Chuck was hating?

Chuck was talking about this year and how if it goes down to Dirk and Nash, whoever's team does better should win it, it was only after Kenny and Ernie bought up "voters may not vote for Nash simply because he has won two straight already" did Barkley go on his "voters are full of it" rant. It was only after Kenny and Ernie mentioned the years before did Barkley did a run down of what he thought.

Even then, in no way was he hating on Nash or taking credit away. He said he FELT Dirk should have won it last year (with Nash at second). Again, he was praising Nash the whole time.

If you take that as "Barkley hating on Nash". You are either Steve Nash's brother or you're obsessed with the guy.

This thread is STUPID. Barkley made NO bad comment about Nash, nothing but praise, but just because he said "I feel Dirk should have been MVP last year", that makes him hating on Nash?
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: