Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2007, 06:19 AM   #46
EricForman
Good college starter
 
EricForman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,347
EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation
Default

by the way, what happened to the "Yao Ming is dating Nia Long" thread in which GoBB got owned and clowned by 5 people?

Come on Jeff, why do you have to delete that thread when there are so many other clown/stupid/moronic threads going around? Now GoBB is gonna act like that thread never happened becuase it's not around anymore. More people needs to see it. That crap was hilarious.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:22 AM   #47
hotsizzle
Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WINNING!
Posts: 9,848
hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
Where are your hard facts to refute what I am claiming, hypocrite?

your claims are PURE speculation, theres nothing to refute them because your next claim will be again, nothing bu your speculation
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:42 AM   #48
FabCasablancas
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,803
FabCasablancas has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
your claims are PURE speculation, theres nothing to refute them because your next claim will be again, nothing bu your speculation

so it's pure specualtion to say that all Kobe did last season was score? You don't think that's common sense?

You don't think it's strange that a guy who preaches team play like Phil does would encourage Kobe to do nothing but score?

So if it is so out of character for Phil to do this then what other motive could he have?

If what I am saying isn't backed up by facts then show me facts refuting what I am saying.. if you can't do that then what I am saying must be accurate..

So again, you are a hypocrite. And I am sorry.. there are no stats to support that either.. doesn't make it any less true.

Last edited by FabCasablancas : 01-12-2007 at 06:46 AM.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:02 AM   #49
hotsizzle
Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WINNING!
Posts: 9,848
hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
so it's pure specualtion to say that all Kobe did last season was score? You don't think that's common sense?

You don't think it's strange that a guy who preaches team play like Phil does would encourage Kobe to do nothing but score?

So if it is so out of character for Phil to do this then what other motive could he have?

If what I am saying isn't backed up by facts then show me facts refuting what I am saying.. if you can't do that then what I am saying must be accurate..

So again, you are a hypocrite. And I am sorry.. there are no stats to support that either.. doesn't make it any less true.

Kobe did score alot last season, not denying anything there. What Im talking about is all the "Phil trying to get it out of his system"...and the "kobe is only good because of Phil". Jordan in the yrs he played with Phil as coach scored 30+ in 5 seasons so its common for a superstar to dominate in phil's system...Did Phil "encourage" Kobe to score? Not quiet, but he did allow him to take over knowing that the team is still young and inexperienced. Team play doesnt mean everyone has to avg under 25 pts/gm. And what do you mean all kobe did was score??? its not like the team sucked. they won 45 games behind him in the West despite being a very young team.

A yr later, and the team is a little older, more experinced and getting a hang of the offense. Whats Kobe doing now? hes trusting them more, deferring, trying to make them better.

When I talk about you speculating things is when you say sh!t like "Phil wanted to get it out of his system"...then you make rediculous statements like "Kobe is nothing w/o Phil". Does Phil make Kobe better? Yes, most definetly. Is Kobe a "nobody" w/o Phil? **** outta here

Kobe's scoring a creation of Phil? WHAT? Did Phil put the ball in the hoop for him? Phil just instructed him on what to do. Get over it dude, Kobe did what he had to to get his team the W

Last edited by hotsizzle : 01-12-2007 at 07:15 AM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:36 AM   #50
FabCasablancas
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,803
FabCasablancas has decent reputation
Default

So why didn't Kobe play as well with Rudy T? He was TERRIBLE with Rudy T. How do you explain that?

The reason Kobe was terrible with Rudy T is that Kobe was trying to do everything.. get triple doulbes all the time and be a scoring god.. even when he was just trying to score he couldn't do that either. So why is it so crazy to say Kobe's coring was created by Phil? He couldn't do it without Phil.. that's a fact.. then you claim I don't back up my comments with anything.. you aren't backing your comments with anything.. we are just supposed to assume Kobe was MVP.. even though he couldn't do squat without Phil? I honestly believe Kobe would have hit rock bottom if Phil hadn't saved him.. that's the direction he was heading.

It's also a fact Phil was using screens to help Kobe create offense and using Odom to create offense for Kobe.. that's not speculation.. watch the games like I did. MVP's are supposed to make the players aorund them better.. not the other way around.. which is why if anyone was MVP of the Lakers it was Odom or Phil Jackson. Even this season Odom started the Lakers off on the right foot while Kobe was injured.

Last edited by FabCasablancas : 01-12-2007 at 07:45 AM.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:45 AM   #51
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter
 
Sword.Dragons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 594
Sword.Dragons has decent reputation
Default

Barkley has nothing nice to say about anyone, He's the most annoying analyst ever. The guy goes on an on about stupid **** that doesn't even make sense.

for example, at half time of the Phoenix and Cavs game, they were wactching a timeout where Mike Brown was saying ''DONT LET NASH DRIVE'' or somethign like that i don remember 100% and, he made it so obvious for everyone, and then Barkley had to come out and go, well no thats not what he was saying he was OBVIOUSLY saying something comepltley different. He's the stupidest most annoying person ever, every time he comes on TV i just wanna break the TV. He'll never be satisfied with any team or any player.
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:49 AM   #52
reppy
Apparently likes anime
 
reppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,184
reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
by the way, what happened to the "Yao Ming is dating Nia Long" thread in which GoBB got owned and clowned by 5 people?

Come on Jeff, why do you have to delete that thread when there are so many other clown/stupid/moronic threads going around? Now GoBB is gonna act like that thread never happened becuase it's not around anymore. More people needs to see it. That crap was hilarious.

Because it was the epitome of what is wrong with ISH: a ton of arguing and dissing that did not elevate the discussion at all. By the way, what's your obsession with GoBB? He bang your mom/sister/dog or something?

Quote:
It's also a fact Phil was using screens to help Kobe create offense and using Odom to create offense for Kobe.. that's not speculation.. watch the games like I did. MVP's are supposed to make the players aorund them better.. not the other way around.. which is why if anyone was MVP of the Lakers it was Odom or Phil Jackson. Even this season Odom started the Lakers off on the right foot while Kobe was injured.

Yeah I mean, why even have a coach, right? MVPs don't need 'em. I remember all those MVPs that Steve Nash had when he was being coached by Don Nelson. And I was like, "Damn, boy don't need Don Nelson, look at all these MVPs he got!" It was good.

Last edited by reppy : 01-12-2007 at 07:52 AM.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:56 AM   #53
hotsizzle
Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WINNING!
Posts: 9,848
hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
So why didn't Kobe play as well with Rudy T? He was TERRIBLE with Rudy T. How do you explain that?

The reason Kobe was terrible with Rudy T is that Kobe was trying to do everything.. get triple doulbes all the time and be a scoring god.. even when he was just trying to score he couldn't do that either. So why is it so crazy to say Kobe's coring was created by Phil? He couldn't do it without Phil.. that's a fact.. then you claim I don't back up my comments with anyhting.. youa ren't bakcingyour comments wiht anyhting.. we ar ejust supposed to assume Kobe was MVP.. even though he couldn't do squat without Phil? I honestly believe Kobe would have hit rock bottom if Phil hadn't saved him.. that's the direction he was heading.

It's also a fact Phil was using screens to help Kobe create offense and using Odom to create offense for Kobe.. that's not speculation.. watch the games like I did. MVP's are supposed to make the players aorund them better.. not the other way around.. which is why if anyone was MVP of the Lakers it was Odom or Phil Jackson. Even this season Odom started the Lakers off on the right foot while Kobe was injured.

Lets get one thing str8, I dont think Kobe should have been MVP last yr, that was for Dirk but Kobe did play like an MVP candidate.

Kobe with Rudy T: 28 pts 6 rebs 6 assts, the team was 22-16...kobe got injured, rudy t retired, frank hamlin came in and wanted the team to learn the triangle MID SEASON (triangle usually needs 1-2 yrs to grasp), then odom gets injured...and hell is raised. But look at kobe's numbers...thats rock bottom???

Half the time last season, the team was lost in the offense. Just ask tex winter who criticized Odom for it. Half the time, they would give Kobe the ball and literally get out of the way..ask phil and the laker players themselves about it. Kobe was facing double/triple teams night in and night out and smoked them, including your homeboys the mavs. But yea, Phil made kobe fight the double/triple teams. the **** outta here you watch their games...

Wanna play that game, ok? Dirk did nothing w/o avery. He was never considered a top notch MVP candidate, never considered a premier player in the L. Avery came in and all that changed. Avery made Dirk...

Coaches dont make players, they help players. Phil cant play for Kobe, he can only tell Kobe how to play.

Its not a coincidence that Phil has 9 rings, hes a mastermind, he knows how to win and kobe/phil essentially need each other to succeed.

But one question? what MVP didnt have a good coach? to be an MVP, you dont need to have a trash coach and a trash cast...what championship team didnt have a good coach??? It all starts with the coach bro, but again, they dont make the players.

Last edited by hotsizzle : 01-12-2007 at 07:59 AM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:08 AM   #54
EricForman
Good college starter
 
EricForman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,347
EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
Because it was the epitome of what is wrong with ISH: a ton of arguing and dissing that did not elevate the discussion at all. By the way, what's your obsession with GoBB? He bang your mom/sister/dog or something?



It's not an obsession, he made a typical dumbass comment, I pointed it out, everyone laughed.

Obsessed? With Elite+Lakers, Loki/JordanStar+Jordan, PleezeBelieve+Lebron, GeeWiz+Arenas, Knoe+ anti kobe, the usual group of 3 kobe fans vs the usual group of 3 anti kobe, and half you guys starting random threads on any and everything, I'm the one obsessed? I post to tons of other threads, and nor do I only show up on threads with GoBB. I tell people when they're wrong. Like when KentATM said Shaq was never the best player in the league, or earlier when JtotheIzzo insist on saying Barkley hating on Shaq, or when Elite start his dumb threads, I defend Pippen when he's unfairly bashed and will point out Pippen is a big choker in the next thread. I tell it like it is. GoBB contradicts himself every other post and make BS claims, I tell him he's a moron for it, if all you can throw at me is "you're obsessed with Gobb" so be it.

I don't get why suddenly the Mods are deleting threads and acting all mature. This is HARDLY a mature board in the first place. That thread wasn't even 1/4th as bad as some of the stuff that usually goes on here.


why isn't this thread deleted? It's started over a lie. Barkley did not bash Nash at all on TNT at all last night. But you got morons coming in here saying "Barkley sux for hating on Nash, Barkley is a jerk". Those of you debating Barkley's stance are arguing over a lie.

all this when Barkley didn't say anything bad at all? all his quotes were taken out of context and twisted by the post starter. If anything should be deleted it's stupid threads like these and random jump-to-conclusions "<insert player> is the best" threads after like one good game.

Last edited by EricForman : 01-12-2007 at 08:24 AM.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:23 AM   #55
TiMavericks21
Decent playground baller
 
TiMavericks21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 108
TiMavericks21 has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I don't see them winning it all, but that was some pure hate by Barkley. MVP is based on where your team would be without you. In Barkley time Jordan should have won MVP every single year since 1991. Barkley's MVP was a joke. They may have had the best record, but Kevin Johnson was the glue to that team. Who would have had the worst record if they werent reprsented by their star? The Bulls or Suns? KJ even showed it in the playoffs that year with all that scoring in the finals, to which Bark was a virtual no-show.

Just to retort your comment, MVP is not based on where your team would be without you, until Steve Nash won it. When he won it, the definition of the award changed. While the title is Most Valuable Player, the award has never really been given to a player who truly exemplifies that definition, until Nash. Year in and year out, the MVP has gone to the best player whose team achieves the most success. Looking at past winners, Bird, Johnson, Jordan, Abdul-Jabbar, etc, all of those guys were the best players in the league, and their teams were constantly winning titles. Steve Nash is not the best player in the league, and his teams have yet to win a title.

When they gave the 1st MVP to Nash, the writers placed themselves in a difficult situation, because they set a precedent. Nash's #'s during his 1st MVP were 15 and 11, as someone said, not worthy of MVP. The reason he won the award is because he of Phoenix's remarkable turnaround in record, which is warranted. I didn't have a major problem with Nash winning his 1st MVP, because he was the central factor in turning around the Phoenix franchise. However, he did 100% not even close to deserve MVP last season, Dirk did.

I'm not a biased Mavericks fan who felt like my favorite player was robbed, but let's face it, he was. Nash won the MVP because of one thing: situations. He went to team with a poor record that didn't necessarily reflect their talent and capability if they could find the right chemistry, which they did with Nash and D'Antoni's run and gun system, and they found success. Was he the only reason, absolutely not, as he did have Stoudemire, Marion, Joe Johnson and Quentin Richardson around him. In my opinion, he should have won the fictional Missing Piece Award, not the MVP award. But as I said, I don't have a major problem with him winning, as he is my 2nd favorite player/but also most hated adversary(see game tying 3-pt over Jason Terry as reason why).

Continuing, as far as last year, again he wins the award due to a situtation. Amare goes down with an injury and immediately the writers assume (foolishly) that Phoenix season was doomed. It wasn't, Phoenix had built a team of shooters and runners that would have no problem winning during the regular season (Bell, Barbosa, House, Jones, Thomas). Because the writers foolishly assumed that Phoenix would decline and they didn't, they had to give the award to Nash, not to mention his #'s had increased from his 1st MVP season, so the writers didn't want to appear hypocritical for giving him the 1st MVP and then not granting him the award with improved #'s and no Amare. Dirk had an unbelievable statistical season last year, and his team won 60 games (3rd best in the NBA behind Detroit and SA). If any of the Pistons players had phenomenal statistical seasons that were comparable to Nowitzki, I would say they deserved the award. However, Duncan had an off year stats wise, and Billups had a great year, but not a better one than Dirk.

So if you are a truly intelligent, objective NBA fan, you know that Dirk deserved it last year. My last point to any pro-Nash fans that believe he deserved both MVP's is this: How come John Stockton never won an MVP award? He averaged virtually the same amount of points and shooting %'s, more assists and A LOT MORE STEALS (Stockton was a great defender, Nash is a defensive liability), not to mention, Stockton played in 2 NBA Finals, Nash = 0.

Last edited by TiMavericks21 : 01-12-2007 at 08:29 AM.
TiMavericks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:25 AM   #56
Cookie Monster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
by the way, what happened to the "Yao Ming is dating Nia Long" thread in which GoBB got owned and clowned by 5 people?

More people needs to see it. That crap was hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
It's not an obsession, he made a dumb comment, I pointed it out, everyone laughed.

Herrrres your cookie!

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:32 AM   #57
reppy
Apparently likes anime
 
reppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,184
reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
It's not an obsession, he made a typical dumbass comment, I pointed it out, everyone laughed.

Why even bring it up in this topic? Who cares? Nobody except you. That's obsession. Almost every time I see GoBB make a post, you're responding in some way to him. If you've got that much of a problem with him, just set him on Ignore.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:36 AM   #58
FabCasablancas
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,803
FabCasablancas has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Lets get one thing str8, I dont think Kobe should have been MVP last yr, that was for Dirk but Kobe did play like an MVP candidate.

Kobe with Rudy T: 28 pts 6 rebs 6 assts, the team was 22-16...kobe got injured, rudy t retired, frank hamlin came in and wanted the team to learn the triangle MID SEASON (triangle usually needs 1-2 yrs to grasp), then odom gets injured...and hell is raised. But look at kobe's numbers...thats rock bottom???

Half the time last season, the team was lost in the offense. Just ask tex winter who criticized Odom for it. Half the time, they would give Kobe the ball and literally get out of the way..ask phil and the laker players themselves about it. Kobe was facing double/triple teams night in and night out and smoked them, including your homeboys the mavs. But yea, Phil made kobe fight the double/triple teams. the **** outta here you watch their games...

Wanna play that game, ok? Dirk did nothing w/o avery. He was never considered a top notch MVP candidate, never considered a premier player in the L. Avery came in and all that changed. Avery made Dirk...

Coaches dont make players, they help players. Phil cant play for Kobe, he can only tell Kobe how to play.

Its not a coincidence that Phil has 9 rings, hes a mastermind, he knows how to win and kobe/phil essentially need each other to succeed.

But one question? what MVP didnt have a good coach? to be an MVP, you dont need to have a trash coach and a trash cast...what championship team didnt have a good coach??? It all starts with the coach bro, but again, they dont make the players.

In the season without Phil, Kobe shots 43 percent from the field.. 34 percent from 3.. and had a 1 to 1 assists to turnover ratio.. which is atrocious..

Those are terrible stats.. those stats certianly don't make Kobe a special player.

So again.. BACK UP YOUR STATEMENT, hypocrite.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:38 AM   #59
reppy
Apparently likes anime
 
reppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,184
reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
In the season without Phil, Kobe shots 43 percent from the field.. 34 percent from 3.. and had a 1 to 1 assists to turnover ratio.. which is atrocious..

Those are terrible stats.. those stats certianly don't make Kobe a special player.

So again.. BACK UP YOUR STATEMENT, hypocrite.

That team was also younger and less experienced.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:41 AM   #60
hotsizzle
Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WINNING!
Posts: 9,848
hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
In the season without Phil, Kobe shots 43 percent from the field.. 34 percent from 3.. and had a 1 to 1 assists to turnover ratio.. which is atrocious..

Those are terrible stats.. those stats certianly don't make Kobe a special player.

So again.. BACK UP YOUR STATEMENT, hypocrite.

4.1 TOs to 5.9 assts is 1:1. Why dont you take a math class.

is that all you can counter with?
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:38 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy