Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #46
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Official "Mike Woodson" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
There was a story how they shoot together at practices and compete against each other (Novak always wins).
J.R.Smith said Novak is the best shooter in the league and that he's the first guy to look for if he's open.
Respect mixed with competition and friendship. I like that.

Nice story,it's clear that they have good chemistry on the court.

Yea against the C's, JR got a steal and was on a 3 on 1. Instead of passing it to a a streaking Landry Fields going toward the basket, he was like "F this" and popped it out to Novak for 3! Normally, you'd want your guys to take the 2 to be safe. When it's Novak and Fields involved, I think Novak's 3 is actually the higher percentage shot lol
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #47
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Yea against the C's, JR got a steal and was on a 3 on 1. Instead of passing it to a a streaking Landry Fields going toward the basket, he was like "F this" and popped it out to Novak for 3! Normally, you'd want your guys to take the 2 to be safe. When it's Novak and Fields involved, I think Novak's 3 is actually the higher percentage shot lol
Fields would either get blocked or bobbled the ball of his foot out of bounds
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:14 AM   #48
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Playoff bound!!!!

Thanks you, Coach Woodson!!
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #49
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

All in all, I can finally say I enjoy watching the Knicks play again.Even when we had out crop of guys last year, it wasn't this fun because in the back of my mind it was painful to watch such blatant fundamental flaws and lack of principles on defense.

Interesting question for all of my fellow posters: Has Mike Woodson done enough in your eyes to warrant him being our coach past this season?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #50
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

All in all, I can finally say I enjoy watching the Knicks play again.Even when we had out crop of guys last year, it wasn't this fun because in the back of my mind it was painful to watch such blatant fundamental flaws and lack of principles on defense.

Interesting question for all of my fellow posters: Has Mike Woodson done enough in your eyes to warrant him being our coach past this season?
Without hesitation - YES
Old 04-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #51
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

My heart says yes, my basketball mind says no.

Woodson has spearheaded this playoff run no doubt, but the work has not been done.

I wanna see his coaching tested in this first round of the playoffs.

If we get out of it....definitely an extension is in order.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:47 AM   #52
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
My heart says yes, my basketball mind says no.

Woodson has spearheaded this playoff run no doubt, but the work has not been done.

I wanna see his coaching tested in this first round of the playoffs.

If we get out of it....definitely an extension is in order.
To get out of it we would probably need to beat the team that went to the Finals year before.
That's a hell of the task,isn't it ?

If we can get someone better (maybe Thibs) then we should go for it but otherwise we should offer extension to Woodson (but not a long one,give him 1-2 years).
Old 04-21-2012, 06:53 AM   #53
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
To get out of it we would probably need to beat the team that went to the Finals year before.
That's a hell of the task,isn't it ?

If we can get someone better (maybe Thibs) then we should go for it but otherwise we should offer extension to Woodson (but not a long one,give him 1-2 years).
I doubt Woodson will take a 1 year deal, and that's basically an insult to a head coach.

You either offer him a 2 year with an option, or don't offer one at all.

As far as the playoff matchups go, bring your game and leave it out there.

The Knicks have shown what they can do when they put in the work.

The Heat have weaknesses, and the Woodson must recognize them and exploit them.

If he can't do it, at least tot he point of making a competitive series, then he doesn't deserve to be back.

Chicago has no weakness, they bring the energy for the full 48, and a loss to them won't be a proper analysis of the Coach.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:03 AM   #54
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
I doubt Woodson will take a 1 year deal, and that's basically an insult to a head coach.

You either offer him a 2 year with an option, or don't offer one at all.

As far as the playoff matchups go, bring your game and leave it out there.

The Knicks have shown what they can do when they put in the work.

The Heat have weaknesses, and the Woodson must recognize them and exploit them.

If he can't do it, at least tot he point of making a competitive series, then he doesn't deserve to be back.

Chicago has no weakness, they bring the energy for the full 48, and a loss to them won't be a proper analysis of the Coach.
Of course they have weaknesses. Every team has some.
Saying that a team that was beaten 4-1 last year in the ECF has NO WEAKNESSES is crazy.

I'll name you one weakness. SCORING
They have one player who can create his own show and he's currently injured and it's questionable how good he'll play in the playoffs.

They are a well coached team who gives 100% every night and can rebound. That's why they are successful during the regular season but the regular season Bulls are the same as the playoff ones.
God damn,last year sub .500 Pacers took one game from them (and almost won another 2 games) while the Hawks who put fear into nobody made a series competitive. Once they ran into the first real opponent they were sent home pretty quickly.
So yeah,obviously they have plenty of weaknesses otherwise they would have won the championship last year. The team is pretty much the same and Rip doesn't make a big difference,especially because he was out for most of the season. Also this year Rose is injured.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:16 AM   #55
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Of course they have weaknesses. Every team has some.
Saying that a team that was beaten 4-1 last year in the ECF has NO WEAKNESSES is crazy.

I'll name you one weakness. SCORING
They have one player who can create his own show and he's currently injured and it's questionable how good he'll play in the playoffs.

They are a well coached team who gives 100% every night and can rebound. That's why they are successful during the regular season but the regular season Bulls are the same as the playoff ones.
God damn,last year sub .500 Pacers took one game from them (and almost won another 2 games) while the Hawks who put fear into nobody made a series competitive. Once they ran into the first real opponent they were sent home pretty quickly.
So yeah,obviously they have plenty of weaknesses otherwise they would have won the championship last year. The team is pretty much the same and Rip doesn't make a big difference,especially because he was out for most of the season. Also this year Rose is injured.
This years Bulls are not the same as last years, and to compare both seasons at this point is futile.

They are much better, and no they don't have any weaknesses.

Teams that have problems scoring, also have problems winning.

Now if you had said "shooting" I might have agreed.

But their teams is built to chase the rebound, whether they shoot it or the opponent.

They rarely end their possession without a point on the board, whether it's a score from the field, a put back, or foul shots.

Scoring is the least of their worries.

BTW, the Bulls are number 6 in offense, number 1 in defense, and that's without their best player.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:27 AM   #56
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
This years Bulls are not the same as last years, and to compare both seasons at this point is futile.

They are much better, and no they don't have any weaknesses.

Teams that have problems scoring, also have problems winning.

Now if you had said "shooting" I might have agreed.

But their teams is built to chase the rebound, whether they shoot it or the opponent.

They rarely end their possession without a point on the board, whether it's a score from the field, a put back, or foul shots.

Scoring is the least of their worries.

BTW, the Bulls are number 6 in offense, number 1 in defense, and that's without their best player.
When you say they have no weaknesses you are basically picking them to win the title this year. Are you ?

And scoring is their weaknesses. There's no guy on that team who can create his own shot except from Rose and you are going to need that in the playoffs.
Regular season is a different animal and they have a great record because they rebound,defend and give 100% every night.
But when other teams also start to give 100% every time they play against them,when they start to defend so good that you'll need someone to make a tough shot the Bulls will be in trouble.

Sorry but I'm not a bit afraid of them. They are certainly better than us but so are the Heat.
Main difference is that the Heat have 2 Hall of Famers in their prime and a 3rd option who could be the 1st option on many teams while the Bulls have one superstar who is injured. Bulls rebound the ball better,defend slightly better but that's about it.

If you match their effort you'll have at least the competitive series. To beat the Heat you'll need to do much more.

If I didn't watch last year's playoffs I would probably have to agree with you.
But I watched them and I have no doubts Heat will preform much better than the Bulls this year too.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:44 AM   #57
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
When you say they have no weaknesses you are basically picking them to win the title this year. Are you ?

And scoring is their weaknesses. There's no guy on that team who can create his own shot except from Rose and you are going to need that in the playoffs.
Regular season is a different animal and they have a great record because they rebound,defend and give 100% every night.
But when other teams also start to give 100% every time they play against them,when they start to defend so good that you'll need someone to make a tough shot the Bulls will be in trouble.

Sorry but I'm not a bit afraid of them. They are certainly better than us but so are the Heat.
Main difference is that the Heat have 2 Hall of Famers in their prime and a 3rd option who could be the 1st option on many teams while the Bulls have one superstar who is injured. Bulls rebound the ball better,defend slightly better but that's about it.

If you match their effort you'll have at least the competitive series. To beat the Heat you'll need to do much more.

If I didn't watch last year's playoffs I would probably have to agree with you.
But I watched them and I have no doubts Heat will preform much better than the Bulls this year too.

This years Bulls are no where near the same as last years.

The difference is night and day.

And why are your constantly comparing the Bulls and Heat to each other, as if that has a relation to us?

Both teams are infinitely better than our team right now.

The playoffs are not determined by the individual play, but rather the sum of its parts and star play.

That's why the Miami Heat are not the reigning champions and Dallas is.

But how on earth is a top 6 offense a weakness?

The Bulls close out every single possession with a chance to put points on the board, as evident by being one of the tops in fg attempts, and near the bottom in turnovers.

The Bulls have zero trouble scoring.

Btw, even there 3pt% is top 5.

Scoring is not a problem for them.

Honestly, you have to learn the difference between scoring and shooting before he can truly continue this conversation.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:44 AM   #58
Clutch
Stop flopping

First of all how are they different from the last year's team ?
Most of the players are the same and what Rip brings to table might probably be neutralized by Rose injury.
Regular season doesn't mean anything.

And you'll see they will have trouble scoring in the playoffs. They had trouble last year,they'll have it this year too.

Let's just forget about regular season. Look at their roster and tell me who besides Rose do you trust to create his own shot when the game gets tight ? Don't throw stats at me,just look at their roster and tell me. Boozer and Rip ? Maybe Deng ? I wouldn't rely on them.

Sorry man,but you are overrating the Bulls waaaaaay too much.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #59
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
First of all how are they different from the last year's team ?
Most of the players are the same and what Rip brings to table might probably be neutralized by Rose injury.
Regular season doesn't mean anything.

And you'll see they will have trouble scoring in the playoffs. They had trouble last year,they'll have it this year too.

Let's just forget about regular season. Look at their roster and tell me who besides Rose do you trust to create his own shot when the game gets tight ? Don't throw stats at me,just look at their roster and tell me. Boozer and Rip ? Maybe Deng ? I wouldn't rely on them.

Sorry man,but you are overrating the Bulls waaaaaay too much.
They are better because overall the team is healthy.

Last year Rose had to carry various different lineups do to their frontcourt being often injured.

Boozer and Noah missed a ton of games, and barely played together.

Now those two are playing sensational together.

This year those guys are there and healthy, the main difference.

The Bulls don't win games by individuals creating their own shots, they win by keeping more possessions in their favor, and they keep their effort up for the full 48 minutes.

The Bulls not including Rose have five other guys fully capable of putting up double figure points.

I would say you're under rating them to be honest.

I actually have no idea what your looking at if you actually have watched the Bulls at all.

Not to be funny, but how can you dare tell someone don't use stats.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:18 AM   #60
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:

Not to be funny, but how can you dare tell someone don't use stats.
Fine. You want stats,you'll get stats.
I'm preparing a breakdown of our regular season (which obviously means so much) meetings against Chicago and Miami.

I'll post it in a few minutes.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: