Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-21-2012, 09:41 AM   #61
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Official "Mike Woodson" Thread

I'll save you the trouble.....

1st in rebounding

1st in points allowed

5th in assists

6th in offensive rating

1st in defensive rating.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #62
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

KNICKS VS HEAT

Record: 0-3
Points allowed: 98
Differential: -10.7
Note: all games decided by 8 points or more
FG: 38.9%
FG against: 47.3%
3-pt: 37.7%
3-pt against: 24.4%
Rebounding differential: -6.6
Turnovers: 18
Points in the paint: 26.7
Points in the paint allowed: 44.7
Differential: 18

KNICKS VS BULLS

Record: 1-3
Points allowed: 101.5
Differential: -4.7
Note: 3 games decided by 5 points or less

FG: 43.7%
FG against: 44.2%
3-pt: 26.8%
3-pt against: 39.7%
Rebounding differential: -12
Turnovers: 13

Points in the paint: 40.5
Points in the paint allowed: 42
Differential: -1.5

Here's how I see it. All the games against the Bulls were close despite us shooting bricks from the 3-pt land and the Bulls outrebounding us big.
Bulls were shooting pretty well from three and points in the paint were even so that means Bulls didn't get more easy opportunities than us.
We didn't have many turnovers against them but they are only 24th in the league at forcing turnovers (Knicks are 2nd,Heat are 3rd) which is good for us.
I don't see us shooting or rebounding any worse in the playoffs so I don't see why we couldn't make it at least a close series.

On the other hand we have the Heat. All games were decided by 8 points or more and we never even had a chance to win the game,it was all over in the last 3 minutes.
So the games weren't even that much close even with us shooting very well from the 3-pt range while the Heat struggled from deep even though they are solid from downtown.
They are better at forcing turnovers which is our big weakness. They also outrebounded us (not as much as the Bulls though).
They are completely owning us in the paint,difference is shocking.
That means they are getting a lot of easy looks against us while we are forced to shoot threes against them,not looking good.

I want to play the Bulls,some of you want to play the Heat. Fine,people have different opinions.

We had 3 very close games against the Bulls who are the same team in the playoffs.
We never had a REALLY close game against the Heat who are a much better team in the playoffs.

Last edited by Clutch : 04-21-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:12 AM   #63
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:53 AM   #64
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Our regular season record with Woodson was great. But I'm not so sure if I want him back after the playoffs.
It's not so much about our results against the Heat (we're injured,refs screwed us in game 1...). It's about that I don't think you can go so far in the playoffs with his style of play.

He puts much emphasis on defense and I like that. But his offense is too iso heavy.
If Thibs will be available what do you think about signing him ?
Phil Jackson would be great but I don't know if he's healthy enough and would he even accept the job.

I think with Woody next year we can be a top4 seed,get an easier 1st round opponent and advance the 1st round,maybe even reach the ECF. But that's it.

Stats also don't help his case. In his last 6 playoff games he's 0-6 and he lost by 43,14,30,14,33 and 10 points. That's an average of 24 points.
Not looking good.

I must admit that I overreacted when I said I want him back only based on our regular season play.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:58 AM   #65
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

He stinks.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:00 AM   #66
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
He stinks.
Nice in-depth analysis.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:18 AM   #67
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

A preemptive good riddance is all he'll get from me.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:40 AM   #68
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
A preemptive good riddance is all he'll get from me.
Rinse and repeat after the playoff run is over.

At that point I may agree.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:59 AM   #69
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
If Thibs will be available what do you think about signing him ?
You really think Chicago is going to let what SHOULD be a back to back Coach of the Year leave?

Quote:
Stats also don't help his case. In his last 6 playoff games he's 0-6 and he lost by 43,14,30,14,33 and 10 points. That's an average of 24 points.
Not looking good.

Didn't know that. That's incredible...Incredibly bad! Wow!

Quote:
I think with Woody next year we can be a top4 seed,get an easier 1st round opponent and advance the 1st round,maybe even reach the ECF. But that's it.

If we can get to the ECF with Woody, sign me up for another season! Right now, us losing in the 1st round has actually been the highlight of the last decade.

This is exactly why I asked you guys whether he shoudl stay BEFORE the playoffs. Now, I ask you a gain...what has to happen for you to say "I want Mike Woodson back."
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #70
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Avoid a sweep.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #71
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ok Scooter, one of your points going to negate another one of your points tonight lol. Woodson is killing Melo and the rest of the team tonight. You can't blame Melo for his shots tonight. Even when he's been out of the game, our motion in the offense is horrific. This is my 1st time being thoroughly pissed with his coaching. We're just winging it out there. Gotta give you your props tonight. Way too many isos.

And why the hell are we switching and playing zone all of a sudden? Did D'Antoni return from his hiatus lol
Old 05-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #72
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Woodson's been the D-coordinator all year. The team never stopped switching, they were just trying harder for a few games after the switch.

Glad you're finally coming over to the Scoooter side of life.

They always do.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:32 PM   #73
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Woodson's been the D-coordinator all year. The team never stopped switching, they were just trying harder for a few games after the switch.

Glad you're finally coming over to the Scoooter side of life.

They always do.

Who whoa whoa. I said you were right about the isos. I completely disagree about the switching.
We've been staying home since he was head coach. Cant agree there
Old 05-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #74
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Definitely not.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #75
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I think Woodson may have just ensured he doesn't come back next season.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: