Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-12-2012, 07:06 AM   #91
knicksman
Good college starter

Default Re: The Official "Mike Woodson" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Wait a second? Are you suggesting the Knicks had more injuries due to playing defense?

Then please explain how both are guard tore their acl's by just dribbling the ball?

Even Rose tore his ACL on an offensive drive.

I also see your point on the balance of offense and defense, which I do agree.

But I will state that the offense became more iso in favor of Melo because outside of him and JR, no one else can create a shot.

That changes with a pg on the team that can drive and kickout.

Lin should do fine with that when he sees the court again.

Hopefully the team will provide a solid backup as well.

because rose knees are wearing down playing defense. Of course it doesnt happen in just one time. How can you explain why most defensive anchors in this league are injury prones. How can you explain why most defensive teams are only good in one or two season like bulls, iversons sixers, rockets, new orleans. Playing defense is important but only if the team already has offense in place. Or else it will be suicide. You might have a better chance of winning a ring as a defensive coach than the offensive coach but when it fails youll never get back to being contenders again due to injuries. Whereas the suns/mavs who were known as offensive teams have been contenders multiple times. In fact suns doctors were being credited for it when for me, it was due to their offense. Thats why the dynastic teams have always both. And for that matter, I find offensive coach more valuable than defensive coaches. If you only want that one time chance although higher chance then go for defense but if it fails, then welcome to mediocrity.
knicksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #92
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksman
because rose knees are wearing down playing defense. Of course it doesnt happen in just one time. How can you explain why most defensive anchors in this league are injury prones. How can you explain why most defensive teams are only good in one or two season like bulls, iversons sixers, rockets, new orleans. Playing defense is important but only if the team already has offense in place. Or else it will be suicide. You might have a better chance of winning a ring as a defensive coach than the offensive coach but when it fails youll never get back to being contenders again due to injuries. Whereas the suns/mavs who were known as offensive teams have been contenders multiple times. In fact suns doctors were being credited for it when for me, it was due to their offense. Thats why the dynastic teams have always both. And for that matter, I find offensive coach more valuable than defensive coaches. If you only want that one time chance although higher chance then go for defense but if it fails, then welcome to mediocrity.

So now offense is therapeutic? Maybe we should hire D'Antoni as our trainer also
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #93
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksman

So basically, teams who have offensive issues also will be more prone to injuries.

Ok, thank for the input.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:40 AM   #94
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
How do you fire your agent just because the owner tells you to?

Where the hell do they do that it?
LOL, Dolan.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #95
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Default Re: The Official "Mike Woodson" Thread **Close to a deal**

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basket...1.3731809?qr=1
Old 05-22-2012, 09:46 AM   #96
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

The most exciting thing about that article IMO was us working Tu Holloway out on Wednesday!

I'm not saying NO to Mike Woodson. All I'm saying is, do your due diligence. What's the rush? Are teams going to knock down his door for his services? Interview any and everyone you feel is fit for the job. THEN makeyour decision.

My first love ended up being my wife but it doesn't mean she was the only person I've been with.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:46 PM   #97
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Saying "yes" to Woodson is saying "no" to contending.

But I guess that isn't really surprising.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:52 PM   #98
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Did we even interview anyone else?

Someone on ESPN.com said saying "YES" to Woodson will mean saying "bye bye" to Jeremy Lin. Anyone think this is true?

Last edited by franchize : 05-22-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:35 PM   #99
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Did we even interview anyone else?

Someone on ESPN.com said saying "YES" to Woodson will mean saying "bye bye" to Jeremy Lin. Anyone think this is true?
I don't mind losing Lin if we're going to get someone at his level or even better for MLE.

I would much rather let Lin go and bring Nash.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #100
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Lin has shown the willingness and ability to take shots away from Melo and JR Smith.

Can't have any of that.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:36 PM   #101
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Lin has shown the willingness and ability to take shots away from Melo and JR Smith.

Can't have any of that.
This Mike Woodson thing is sickening. Why cant they investigate alternative options?

Yes I think this is what Mike Woodson thinks of Lin.

Yet Knick fans wanted another scoring option after Melo... IRONIC

Last edited by Rameek : 05-22-2012 at 11:52 PM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:16 AM   #102
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Does every thread have to lead to a "Melo and JR Smith are cancers" argument? Only in NY does your leading scorer, who's yet to be proven to have said ANYTHING negative about ANY coach, get pegged for every coaching rumor. Jr isn't even a guarantee to come back.

This is typical Knicks. Riding the hot hand nd going with the popular guy. Im not pissed we're going to make him our coach. Im pissed we aren't even exploring our options. I mean damn. Sloan, Jackson, McMillan, Budenholzer, both Van Gundys, Mitchell couldn't even get a phone call? My goodness
Old 05-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #103
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Does every thread have to lead to a "Melo and JR Smith are cancers" argument? Only in NY does your leading scorer, who's yet to be proven to have said ANYTHING negative about ANY coach, get pegged for every coaching rumor. Jr isn't even a guarantee to come back.

This is typical Knicks. Riding the hot hand nd going with the popular guy. Im not pissed we're going to make him our coach. Im pissed we aren't even exploring our options. I mean damn. Sloan, Jackson, McMillan, Budenholzer, both Van Gundys, Mitchell couldn't even get a phone call? My goodness
If your refering to what scooter said and I quoted thats from Woodson not fans. And in there is nothing referring to JR and Melo being cancers. Funny how you say best scorer.... but thats for another thread.

I wonder if some players went to management and said lock this dude up? This is the most incompetent and lack of due diligence by management.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #104
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek

I wonder if some players went to management and said lock this dude up? This is the most incompetent and lack of due diligence by management.

Can't argue there. We didn't remotely test the waters. We didn't even go to the pool.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #105
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Default Re: The Official "Mike Woodson is the Official HC" Thread

Alan Hahn
Knicks statement on Woodson: “Mike took over the team under challenging circumstances and made it clear, starting on day one, that he was going to hold every player on our roster accountable. We saw a significant improvement since Mike took over and believe our team will only keep improving under Mike’s direction.” -- MSG executive chairman James Dolan
11 minutes ago
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: