Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #106
Zackmorris
Where my announcement!

Zackmorris is popular on this boardZackmorris is popular on this boardZackmorris is popular on this boardZackmorris is popular on this boardZackmorris is popular on this board
Default Re: The Official "Mike Woodson" Thread

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN

Knicks and Mike Woodson have finalized a deal to remain head coach, a person close to Woodson tells the Daily News.

Well whats done is done. Welcome to the Woodson era...*sigh*
Zackmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #107
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The Official "Mike Woodson is the Official HC" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Alan Hahn
Knicks statement on Woodson: “Mike took over the team under challenging circumstances and made it clear, starting on day one, that he was going to hold every player on our roster accountable. We saw a significant improvement since Mike took over and believe our team will only keep improving under Mike’s direction.” -- MSG executive chairman James Dolan
11 minutes ago
...except for JR Smith. He can do whatever he wants.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:06 PM   #108
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
...except for JR Smith. He can do whatever he wants.
that's his son, I'd expect a little leniency.

No nonsense next season though, and no excuses.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:28 AM   #109
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

If the Knicks did a thorough search and could only come up with Woodson it would have been fine but damn it seems like there was no dillegence. I am not sure its wise to have the players on board with getting this guy. I hope it works out.

At least there is a positive impression of defense going on.

I dont like the limited offense he ran but maybe it can be different with a trainning camp. He made better in game adjustments than MDA but he still wasnt that good at it.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #110
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So we'd rather have the players totally disinterested like the was overall with D'antoni?

What ever it takes to get these guys to play with effort and heart every night, I'm all for it.

But let's be realistic.....

Phil can't possibly see anything on this team that remotely resembles players who can effectively work in the triangle.

Our 4 and 5's can't dribble, and our guard's aren't spot up shooters.

Maybe Melo could run it, but essentially he'd be in the exact same boat he was with D'antoni....tasked on doing everything on offense.

Sloan just wants a job, and honestly any coach interviewing for the Bobcats aint my guy.

The draft is coming up as is free agency, and that means something from both sides.

Gotta swing for the fences in that 2nd round and snatch up at least one non draftee, but at least we'll know the players selected will be drafted to fit what the coach needs for the team.

Hopefully a defensive minded guard who can create, and defensive minded 4 who can pass out of the post.

Free agency players will be contacting our players to ask about Woodson vs saying, "damn that team doesn't even have a coach".

Players have to endorse the coach, we saw how that turned out with D'antoni.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #111
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Both Knickscity and Rameek make very interesting and valid points. Continuity and endorsement from the players shouldn't be overlooked. However, I agree with Rameek in that it seems like we didn't survey the field. I don't think it would have hurt to interview other candidates. I find it hard to believe other teams were competing hard for Woody's services.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:26 AM   #112
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

You guys are making solid points on this, and I do agree to an extent.

Although, I just think sometimes you just KNOW what you want, and KNOW this is the best situation for you.

Taking it away from basketball a little, when I made my house purchase in Hempstead back in '97, it was recommended through one of my longtime friends in an effort to acquire as a distressed property with the intent to basically flip.

I was considering shopping for my family at the time and my first wife wanted more of a suburban lifestyle, although she loved our brownstone in Carroll Gardens. (still have this house for my residency requirements)

But immediately upon seeing it, I wanted it for myself and family, there was no other search done, I knew this was what I wanted, as long as my lawyer and home inspections checked it out for good.

Sometimes you just know this is for you.

I've never owned another vehicle brand as my primary vehicle other than Maximas either, although my parents are from the BMW breed.

I first saw the '89 Maxima, and have never looked back.

My current wife is on board too, my son though, blah, I hate seeing that Hyundai in the driveway, although I will admit I like his Genesis coupe.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:07 AM   #113
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Team Nissan! I get what your saying. Sometimes you just know n dont need to shop around. I wish I did thst with my wife. We met in hs, broke up, i messed with a host of girls i had no business, and ultimately married the woman I knew I should have been with all along. As for cars, ive hand multiple makes. I ultimately bought a nissan because of my dad. He bought a Maxima after always having American luxury cars and having problems with them. I think we both decided foreign is the way to go from now on unfortunately. I almost bought a Hyundai but their customer service at the dealership was awful. Glad I didnt but the Genesis coupe is sick! I will however be buying a Pontiac firebird to fix up. Ive wanted one for years but when my daughter arrived I had to put my dreams on hold lol I love Pontiacs. My first car was a pontiac.

Back to basketball. While I may question the method, and Im not 100% sold on Woody, Im glad we didnt go for the high profile guy yet again. Im glad the guys all went out their way to vouch for Woody. I hope Darrell Walker stays on the staff. Lin or whoever is our pg can learn some defense from him. He was great defender and Shumpert said publicly how much he helped with Shumps already solid defense. Most importantly, even though we only have a 2nd round pick, this offseason is very paramount. So many questions that must get answered. Im just glad our coach isnt one of those variables. Welcome back Woody!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:34 AM   #114
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

LOL Knicks.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #115
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Well Nissan is the way to go although I dont like the new crop of vehicles I do sware by them. I dont drive one now (rocking the Mecury Montego for now) but if the year is good acquiring the Red Infinity 37X will be must. The ultimate goal is the Nissan GT-R (skyline).

If Woodson can keep the accountability aspect then lets see where it goes. Wh is on his staff?
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: