Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 06-23-2006, 10:22 AM   #16
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Him
The only reason people have so much crap to say about Carter is that when he first came in the league for the next 3-4 years everyone thought he was the next big thing, but he never lived up to it. The exact same thing is happening with T-Mac, Yet both players are still all-stars.

Neither are in the elite bracket because they are'nt on as good a team as Wade/Lebron.

Which is why Kobe is really special because he is on such a bad team, yet his individual brilliance got him to the playoffs and as an MVP candidate.

Vince will be an elite player if he gets an elite team around him, but he cant turn the franchise into a contender unless he Kidd and Jefferson get some help.
ooo, and...

kidd, jefferson, krstic >>>>>>>>>>>>> any threesome you can put together from the cavs aside from Lebron

VC and Lebron made it the same distance in the playoffs, the Nets lost to the champs. Lebron and Wade get much, much, much more help from the refs, you cant touch either of them...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:36 AM   #17
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

after those three tho, NJ is weak.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:54 AM   #18
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

first..Hughes and Jefferson don't cross eachother out.....cuz Hughes was gone for a chunk of the season..and some crucial games for the playoffs...but ya

But it was the same way even when Larry was playing at the bigging of the season. But yes I know Jefferson is better
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:58 AM   #19
Sham
Great young streetballer

Wince is soft like porridge that's why.

You want some more reasons? Here you go...

Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:59 AM   #20
KWALI
erudite

Default Well

People just don't like him he isn't as compelling since he decided he didn't wanna be a One man show........

In T.O he did everything Lebron is doing now...with less stats though..... even went off against the EC Champs that year when it was him and AI going at it.........but he figured out he wasn't gonna win **** in T.O and Bailed...

Fans don't like that......neither does the NBA in general they want players to show allegiance...even if teams don't.

He's kinda shunned the U.S media since that Graduation incident not to a Barry Bonds level but he stayed away from them and then he killed himself in the John Thompson interview.....

His work ethic is definetly behind KB24's and probably Le Bron's don't know much about Wades work habits......but
he's teh Anti-Jordan he still seems like he doesn't care as much as he should.......This generations Clyde Drexler.
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:06 AM   #21
JohnnySic
green is good

Those pictures are classic.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:11 AM   #22
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

Past is past. If he didn't care he wouldn't be doing so much better then when he had that fake 25 games he played. I just think if he made it to the Conf. Finals then he would be in this conversation.I think it's more of a popularity thing more then anything else, people are just looking for someone new and sticking with Kobe because of being in L.A and being in the middle of all the L.A drama .
I don't buy him not having the love for the game. He just hasn't ever expressed himself to the media like the others, and maybe he's just not that type of person. So what if he dosen't brag about going to the gym at 6 in the morning and staying there a good part of the day like Kobe or continuiously tell Lisa Salters he wants to just go out there and make his teammates better.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:35 AM   #23
BOOHYAH310
I airball my layups

I think if you plugged Wade/LeBron/Kobe onto the Nets with JKidd and they would be better. Kidd makes Carter better, not vice versa.

Carter tanking it in Toronto really put him down on the pecking order in my book.I lowered my opinion of Tmac as well when he admitted not putting the maximum effort for Orlando before he was traded.

Injuries and heart really separate the Carters and Tmacs from the "top 3" IMO
BOOHYAH310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:08 PM   #24
RidonKs
NBA Legend

So this is my first, maybe second post (don't really remember). So be easy on me.

I think I'd have to put LeBron's team either on par, or even lower than the Lakers without Kobe. You put Kobe in LeBron's shoes, and I don't think that series goes 7, maybe not even 6. We won't know with DWade till Shaq leaves, becasue it is the same thing as when Kobe was with Shaq. For all we know, Wade might not be able to win **** with the big guy, kinda like Kobe's doing now. But at the moment, Lamar is much better than anyone on the cave (apart from LeBron obviously), and Ilgauskus and Hughes both had truely auful playoff runs. I don't think you can justify saying Ilgauskus is on the level of some of Carter's teammates, so the list, IMO, goes...

1. LeBron
2. Kobe
3. Wade (don't really know yet, although he did take over in almost every game in the finals)
4. Vince / Peirce (Peirce definately has the worst cast of teammates around him, worse than both LeBron and Kobe)
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:17 PM   #25
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

The reason Vince isn't in this discussion is that Pierce and Arenas are both better players than Vince, and THEY'RE not in this discussion, so Vince is out by default.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:28 PM   #26
brwnman

honestly fukk Vince, Kobe, Lebron and Wade... Pierce is the best swingman in the league... the guy was unreal last season... the only player to score atleast 15 points in every game last season, thats some consistency... People say who else was there in Boston and so on and so on, but PP is just amazing... he can pass better than any other SF/SG, he is not given any credit for his vision... I got the oppurtunity of seeing him alot (thanks to sattelite) and without PP, boston will barely break the 10 win mark, if they can even do that...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:28 PM   #27
Shogon
High School Starter

LeBron > T-Mac > rest
Shogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:29 PM   #28
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Vince is past his prime, that's why. Kobe is in his, and young stars always get the hype.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:47 PM   #29
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Miles 23
first..Hughes and Jefferson don't cross eachother out.....cuz Hughes was gone for a chunk of the season..and some crucial games for the playoffs...but ya

the key is heart..and defence....carter has some terrible terrible defence..and the only reason its not fully exposed is because hes still athletic

Funny, say Carter's a bad defender, totally missing the point that LeBron is the worst defender of the aforementioned swings. LeBron's defense is only his ability to play passing lanes but not individual defense. Carter's D isn't good, but it's still steps ahead for LeBron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Miles 23
also its lebron, wade, and kobes ability and desire to drive to the basket and take the fouls...especially later in the game....
u'll never see that again from carter...hes shoot first...drive 4th

Carter does take too many jumpers but it's not like he's Kyle Korver or Bruce Bowen out there. He drives the ball just that he doesn't take contact so he ends up fading with floaters or hooks rather than take the hit. It's not Kobe or LeBron, or Wade level, but its driving nonetheless. And he got to the line a respectable 8 times per game during the season as well as setting a NBA record in most FT made in a quarter.

Quote:
after those three tho, NJ is weak.

Ever heard of Nenad Krstic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geewiz
The reason Vince isn't in this discussion is that Pierce and Arenas are both better players than Vince, and THEY'RE not in this discussion, so Vince is out by default.

It's debatable. Arenas nor Pierce are clearly better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Vince is past his prime, that's why. Kobe is in his, and young stars always get the hype.

Past his prime at 28?

Last edited by wang4three : 06-23-2006 at 01:02 PM.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:01 PM   #30
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

Question What seperates Vince from the rest?

DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: