Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 06-23-2006, 12:23 PM   #31
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

Kingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
The reason Vince isn't in this discussion is that Pierce and Arenas are both better players than Vince, and THEY'RE not in this discussion, so Vince is out by default.

LOL.. Wake the hell up. PIerce over Carter, NEVER EVER in this lifetime.
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:25 PM   #32
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingwillball
LOL.. Wake the hell up. PIerce over Carter, NEVER EVER in this lifetime.

I hate Boston and since I am a raptor fan I have been following Carter even in his NJ days... but If you think Pierce is not better then Carter, then you are either delusional or a NJ or a moron... take your pick... Carter has more talent, but he doesn't use it, so it's not fault... Pierce takes full advantage of his ablities...

Last edited by brwnman : 06-23-2006 at 12:28 PM.
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:36 PM   #33
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

Kingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I am a Nets fan and watch Carter on a daily basis so I know a little more about him than most. He is TALENT wise Right there with KOBE, Wade, LEbron and anyone else. The biggest problem with Vince is that he doese not have that Killer instinct, lacks toughness and his basketball IQ at times is in question. He could go to the line 20 times a game if he imposed his will. Nobody in the League has combination of Jumping ability/hangtime as well as creativity going to the basket. But for some reason Vince settles for jumpers and bails out the D way to much. Vince is right there with KoBe as the best pure scorers in the league. HE can Average 30 a gm easily if he just changed his mindset. With that being said I would put Vince as #5 perimiter player in the league behind Kobe, Lebron, Wade, AI but in front of PP, Arenas and Tmac.
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:46 PM   #34
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingwillball
I am a Nets fan and watch Carter on a daily basis so I know a little more about him than most. He is TALENT wise Right there with KOBE, Wade, LEbron and anyone else. The biggest problem with Vince is that he doese not have that Killer instinct, lacks toughness and his basketball IQ at times is in question. He could go to the line 20 times a game if he imposed his will. Nobody in the League has combination of Jumping ability/hangtime as well as creativity going to the basket. But for some reason Vince settles for jumpers and bails out the D way to much. Vince is right there with KoBe as the best pure scorers in the league. HE can Average 30 a gm easily if he just changed his mindset. With that being said I would put Vince as #5 perimiter player in the league behind Kobe, Lebron, Wade, AI but in front of PP, Arenas and Tmac.

Carter doesn't have the consistency... I actually agree with your analysis of Carter... and since being a Raptors fan, I have seen him alot in both NJ and T-Dot... but you have not seen much of Pierce last season... I really think he was the best swingman, period... That is how well he played last season... I mean the stat of not having a game under 15 points really blows me away... I watched about 25-35 games of Celts and the way he played with his passing ability and everything, he was just absolutely tremendous... and he is very very very very very very very very very very veryv ery very very very very very very very very very very very very very very unselfish...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:49 PM   #35
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Because he's a *****. The guys got no heart whatsoever. You can tell him and TMac are related.

Take Pierce for example. Sure, his stats don't translate to wins and all he does is get stats for a crappy franchise but at least he never quits.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:12 PM   #36
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

compared to how many shots he takes, Carter doesnt score nearly as much as the the 3 swing men you mentioned. last year he scored 5 more points than shots taken.

Vince Carter
lifetime - 4
last year - 5

other Gs

Ray Allen
lifetime - 4.6
last year - 5.9

Paul Pierce
lifetime - 5.9
last year - 8.3

Dwyane Wade
lifetime - 6.3
last year - 8.4

LeBron James
lifetime - 5.5
last year - 8.3

Rip Hamilton
lifetime - 2.8
last year - 3.6

Ben Gordon
lifetime - 2.4
last year - 2.5

Jason Richardson
lifetime - 2.2
last year - 4

Kobe Bean Bryant
lifetime - 5.5
last year - 8.2

Corey Maggette
lifetime - 4.6
last year - 6.1

Cat Mobley
lifetime - 2.9
last year - 2

Mike Miller
lifetime - 2.5
last year - 3.4

Jason Terry
lifetime - 2.7
last year - 3.4
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:18 PM   #37
Timbia Batuka
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Timbia Batuka has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
compared to how many shots he takes, Carter doesnt score nearly as much as the the 3 swing men you mentioned. last year he scored 5 more points than shots taken.

Vince Carter
lifetime - 4
last year - 5

other Gs

Ray Allen
lifetime - 4.6
last year - 5.9

Paul Pierce
lifetime - 5.9
last year - 8.3

Dwyane Wade
lifetime - 6.3
last year - 8.4

LeBron James
lifetime - 5.5
last year - 8.3

Rip Hamilton
lifetime - 2.8
last year - 3.6

Ben Gordon
lifetime - 2.4
last year - 2.5

Jason Richardson
lifetime - 2.2
last year - 4

Kobe Bean Bryant
lifetime - 5.5
last year - 8.2

Corey Maggette
lifetime - 4.6
last year - 6.1

Cat Mobley
lifetime - 2.9
last year - 2

Mike Miller
lifetime - 2.5
last year - 3.4

Jason Terry
lifetime - 2.7
last year - 3.4

That's pretty interesting, could be misleading in a way though
Timbia Batuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:39 PM   #38
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool
Default wtf

god...is all everyone about vince is comments like soft as poridge and no heart? Man the guy avg. 30 ppg against the heat.. what else does it take to tell you guys that vince has been revitalized in the nets.. the only thing he can do to be more elite is to drive more to basket cause it seems to have worked for wade in this years playoffs, cause dude got a ton of calls. But not putting down wades efforts.. just so tired of vince= wince vince no heart comments its so 2years ago, he screwed toronto get over it. Current NJ nets team add Kaman and Chandler ECF lock!
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:41 PM   #39
elinss86
Decent playground baller

elinss86 has an OK reputation so far
Default re

what seperates carter from bron and wade? easy. lack of hype and about 10 bs calls a game from refs. he drives and get hacked by 3 guys, no fts. wade is now worse than bron on bs calls, wade gets looked at funny, gets 2 fts. only reason wades fg% is higher is cause he shoots so many fts, those misses dont count, and carter when he gets fouled and no calls, those hurt his %. carter is better than wade, just doesnt have the benefit of ridiculous calls
elinss86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:51 PM   #40
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.

Atleast Wade, LeBron, and Kobe don't give up on their team and tell the Seattle Supersonics their gameplay at crunchtime!

Here's a dancing banana too.
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:54 PM   #41
laalaa
Original Lakers FAM

laalaa has an OK reputation so far

One word, success.
laalaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:57 PM   #42
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by laalaa
One word, success.

you call being a cancer 34-48 record, and blowing a 3-1 serise lead success?
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:01 PM   #43
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.
Cool ??? Wang Zhi-Zhi!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
you call being a cancer 34-48 record, and blowing a 3-1 serise lead success?

Who is that?
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:18 PM   #44
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss Murder
Who is that?

let's not beat a dead horse here... check the top of the forum for a sticky and you'll understand
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:21 PM   #45
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

From this day forward I shall refer to Wince Carter as "The Fraudy Artichoke"

Cause that's what he is. An Artichoke missing the best part.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: