Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 03-14-2012, 11:56 PM   #1
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default So after tonight we have a solid hold on the first seed

http://www.nba.com/bulls/schedule/

Next hard game is the Magic if Dwight stays, and then the Nuggets could go 7-1 at worst 6-2 the rest of March

April has the Thunder, C's, Knicks twice(lawlz), Heat twice, Dallas, and the Pacers.

With a ton of lotto teams in there. Maybe lose four times next month? to go 8-4 over that. I think the 5 in 7 could be rough. Despite the first b2b being the Pistons/Wiz.

Say that's right 15-5 or 14-6 to finish it up. With a 5 game lead in the win column, it should be hard for Miami to catch up.

GRANTED Health is far more important than home court.

Last edited by Rose : 03-15-2012 at 12:01 AM.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:09 AM   #2
Tenchi Ryu
Banned

Tenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputation
Default Re: So after tonight we have a solid hold on the first seed

This game also proved to me that we don't need to do anything major, just a simple signing to get that one guy who can provide a few more buckets, and we should be good to go for a title run. I also think Butler has earned some more playing time, which would really benefit Deng.
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:16 AM   #3
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

While I don't particularly want a big trade at the deadline, if the Bulls went out and got a shooting guard for rip insurance on the cheap I wouldn't complain.

BUT

The bench won't always play this well though. And JL3 won't be playing the off guard with Rose in the back court against Wade in the playoffs. He may get hot off the bench, and thibs ride him, but he won't explode like he did tonight.

And another thing to consider is, aside from Taj, the bench mob will most likely get fewer minutes in the playoffs. Especially fewer minutes against the opposition's bench players.

On the other hand though, Deng probably won't have that bad of an offensive night against the Heat in the playoffs either. And Rose should get his share of what Lucas did.

So in summary, I don't know.

Last edited by Rose : 03-15-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:21 AM   #4
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Bulls bench showed up again tonight. At this point I just at anyone who says depth doesn't matter. It does matter and it will matter even in the playoffs. While other teams are going with their 7 or 8 man rotation the Bulls are 10+ deep.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
While I don't particularly want a big trade at the deadline, if the Bulls went out and got a shooting guard for rip insurance on the cheap I wouldn't complain.

BUT

The bench won't always play this well though. And JL3 won't be playing the off guard with Rose in the back court against Wade in the playoffs. He may get hot off the bench, and thibs ride him, but he won't explode like he did tonight.

And another thing to consider is, aside from Taj, the bench mob will most likely get fewer minutes in the playoffs. Especially fewer minutes against the opposition's bench players.

On the other hand though, Deng probably won't have that bad of an offensive night against the Heat in the playoffs either. And Rose should get his share of what Lucas did.

So in summary, I don't know.

There's no pont in taking anything away from last nights game.

With home court though, our depth is so good and our lead is so good right now that I think we can maintain it AND rest our guys. Rose could sit out tomorrow and we'd still beat the Blazers, and the Bulls are talking about managing Lu's minutes more, especially with JB player better and on back to backs.

In all honesty, everyone on our bench could be a starter.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #6
Rose
nanu nanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose

There's no pont in taking anything away from last nights game.

With home court though, our depth is so good and our lead is so good right now that I think we can maintain it AND rest our guys. Rose could sit out tomorrow and we'd still beat the Blazers, and the Bulls are talking about managing Lu's minutes more, especially with JB player better and on back to backs.

In all honesty, everyone on our bench could be a starter.
The only thing I'm taking is....Wade/Bronzy had pretty good games. And we won by shutting everyone down.

It could be a good strategy. And the fact that we should pretty much have the first seed locked down, especially with another victory against Miami.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #7
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
The only thing I'm taking is....Wade/Bronzy had pretty good games. And we won by shutting everyone down.

It could be a good strategy
. And the fact that we should pretty much have the first seed locked down, especially with another victory against Miami.

Im can't see the Bulls shutting down Bosh in a 7 game series. Same with other Miami perimeter players. Miller, Jones and Chalmers are AVERAGING above 40% from the 3pt line.
And even if the Bulls play very good defensive games, the problem before was scoring, when Heat also put their defensive stamp on the game. Will Brewer hit his shots? Will Boozer rise up and give 5-7 quality games? Can Noah hit those open jumpers?
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:53 AM   #8
Rose
nanu nanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Im can't see the Bulls shutting down Bosh in a 7 game series. Same with other Miami perimeter players. Miller, Jones and Chalmers are AVERAGING above 40% from the 3pt line.
And even if the Bulls play very good defensive games, the problem before was scoring, when Heat also put their defensive stamp on the game. Will Brewer hit his shots? Will Boozer rise up and give 5-7 quality games? Can Noah hit those open jumpers?
I actually think that Bosh can be shut down over 7 games. Or at least be put on even playing field as Boozer. To be quite honest, I would be surprised if he had as big a series as last year. Miller(somewhat), and Jones(especially) are averaging that for the same reasons as Deng, is averaging over 40%. Volume of attempts Miller and Jones take about 2-2.5 Deng a shade over 3. It's not 2007 anymore, so I'm not worried about either having a big series.

The only roleplayers who concern me are Chalmers, and Haslem. Mostly because Haslem has the potential to exploit a main weakness we have. We only score as much as we do because of the offensive rebounding. if he can cut down on boards allowed like he did last year....it can change the series. And Chalmers, because he's having a pretty good shooting year, and is a solid defender.

But I totally agree with you on the questions thing. There's too many variables that at this point in time, we don't know. Is Rip gonna be healthy? How about Deng's wrist can he score with it? etc etc. I just think the strategy is a decent one, although like I told Go Getter in a thread on the main forum, I expect Spo to prepare his players for this strategy in a 7 game series.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:03 PM   #9
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

I like our chances. I feel confident that we can be in the Finals this year and whoever comes out of the West will be in for a real battle.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #10
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

I look at this team, and Thibbs and the way we're playing... and I'm thinking it has all-time potential. Last year we were so happy about getting 20 before 10. This year we'll be 40 - 10 if we win tomorrow.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #11
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

eeeeeebro has decent reputationeeeeeebro has decent reputation

It has been a long time since ive watched games and after the game was over did not have the coach to blame. Thibs is indeed and epic coach. i use to like the way vinny coached and was upset when the bulls GM got mad at vinny but now... I see what they wanted out of a coach was another level better. I could even go out and say thibs woulda made the bulls a better team when we had wallace...

ON this note im gonna say this is one of the better bulls teams we have had since the jordan erra... Our big guys are realy strong and we dont just have 2 strong big guys our bench is strong too so they will not get worn out we can substitute fresh strength to keep pounding the rebounds all night long. This is what makes us the better team every night. Finding a way to score that improved because our team has been together for a few years they actualy know eachother and how to focus on ball movement. We are clearly under rated if we are not in talks for championship.
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #12
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We also clinched the first playoff spot in the NBA.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: