Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-28-2006, 10:28 AM   #31
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
think about this:
Then phil would have to keep starting from square one to teach the triangle all over again.

Ok, now this made me think something... perhaps this should be a separate topic in the forum.

So, is the Triangle really worth it as a "system?" One could argue that it is so complex that it takes too long for someone to learn, and as lakerfreak pointed out, makes it more difficult to add or subtract pieces from your team.

So, is the Triangle worth it?
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:43 PM   #32
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

Did you guys read my last three post? Odom does not fit and Cupcake is a mess. Odom is not proficient at any of the skills need to be a great player in the triangle. He is a one on one player(a good one too) but he does not fit the system. He does not help with spacing and he is a poor post up guy.

Jackson's triangle has won 9 titles, when West was running things they brought in the right players. Jackson was not the head coach when Odom came to town but he is now, Odom can get you three guys and Mihm can get you two more. That is 5 for 2 right now the Lakers only have two real starters no matter how you look at it, they need more horses and since Odom does not fit why not use him to get more talent, the Lakers need 3 more starters.

Last edited by BeckDiggLer : 06-28-2006 at 02:10 PM.
BeckDiggLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:51 PM   #33
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

[quote=BeckDiggLer]Did you guys read my last three post? Odom does not fit and Cupcake is a mess. Odom is not proficient at any of the skills need to be a great player in the triangle. He is a one on one player(a good one too) but he does not fit the system. He does not help with spacing and he is a poor post up guy.[quote]

I read your last post, I just disagree with it... and apparently so do the Lakers. Like I said, unless you can get a marquee player at the level of KG, then I dont offer an Odom package....
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:02 PM   #34
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
So, is the Triangle worth it?

Well, we got to the playoffs, everyone got involved, Kobe was an MVP candidate, everyone played great in the last half of the season, and Odom was finally coming through,

Is the triangle worth it? Yes, its far too late to go back now and select another offense. the plan is already working with keeping these group of guys.

So keep Odom and the triangle
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:33 PM   #35
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Well, we got to the playoffs, everyone got involved, Kobe was an MVP candidate, everyone played great in the last half of the season, and Odom was finally coming through,

Is the triangle worth it? Yes, its far too late to go back now and select another offense. the plan is already working with keeping these group of guys.

So keep Odom and the triangle

The Triangle needs a post player, that is the key to the offense.
Should we just wait and pray Bynam or Kwame develops into a post threat?
I hate the G.S. trade Dunleavy is the main reason they suck, but if a post player and a shooter can be had for Odom, I'd take it in a New York minute. That would kill two birds with one stone. I'd deal with the Bucks.
BeckDiggLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:54 AM   #36
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckDiggLer
The Triangle needs a post player, that is the key to the offense.
Should we just wait and pray Bynam or Kwame develops into a post threat?
I hate the G.S. trade Dunleavy is the main reason they suck, but if a post player and a shooter can be had for Odom, I'd take it in a New York minute. That would kill two birds with one stone. I'd deal with the Bucks.

Well We already know that Kwame is a dangerous defender and if you arent careful he will take a charge and get you in uncomfortable positions.

Andrew we still must wait because I would hate to trade him to a place where he will develop
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: