Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 02-22-2012, 06:57 AM   #1
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here
Default Kendall Marshall has potential to be a poor man's Rondo

This kid is averaging 7.1ppg and 9.8apg in NCAA, the number of assists per game is really phenomenal for anyone in college hoops instead of NBA. More importantly, hes playing for a winning team that may end up being the champion of March Madness. We've seen players from bad teams in NCAA getting such numbers, but its a different story for title runners. His number resembles Rondo in NBA, though his playing style may differ. We will see how good he will be once entering the league.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #2
cuad
kings fan

cuad is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Kendall Marshall has potential to be a poor man's Rondo

looks more like Calderon
cuad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #3
noob cake
Great college starter

noob cake has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
This kid is averaging 7.1ppg and 9.8apg in NCAA, the number of assists per game is really phenomenal for anyone in college hoops instead of NBA. More importantly, hes playing for a winning team that may end up being the champion of March Madness. We've seen players from bad teams in NCAA getting such numbers, but its a different story for title runners. His number resembles Rondo in NBA, though his playing style may differ. We will see how good he will be once entering the league.

He can't play a lick of defense.

Derrick Fisher might be better than him at defense at this point. Exactly, best case Calderon.
noob cake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:36 AM   #4
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob cake
He can't play a lick of defense.

Derrick Fisher might be better than him at defense at this point. Exactly, best case Calderon.

He's actually got decent awareness and good and semi-quick hands. Unfortunately he has bad lateral quickness by NBA PG standards.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:04 AM   #5
noob cake
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
He's actually got decent awareness and good and semi-quick hands. Unfortunately he has bad lateral quickness by NBA PG standards.

Can't afford to play him when college players beat him off the dribble. Imagine the damage on NBA level.

I'm serious when I say that he is slower than Fisher laterally.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #6
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think he's gonna be a solid starter in the NBA. He's 6'4" in his shoes.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #7
nzamcdza
I brick open layups

nzamcdza has decent reputation

Will this injury hurt his draft stock?
nzamcdza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #8
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzamcdza
Will this injury hurt his draft stock?

Good question.

Typically, an injury to the off wrist, as long as it doesn't reveal something structural, shouldn't be much of an issue.

I was surprised to see how high the draft guys are projecting Marshall (somewhere in the mid/late teens). I've considered him a solid college PG who is surrounded by some really good options. Given that, and the players who will no doubt have elevtaed their stock in the tournament, it may cause him to slip a couple spots but nothing major.

I personally see him as having a ceiling of Andre Miller. Floor is he can't guard anybody and is out of the league in three years.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #9
BIG FURB
Serious playground baller

BIG FURB has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Good question.

Typically, an injury to the off wrist, as long as it doesn't reveal something structural, shouldn't be much of an issue.

I was surprised to see how high the draft guys are projecting Marshall (somewhere in the mid/late teens). I've considered him a solid college PG who is surrounded by some really good options. Given that, and the players who will no doubt have elevtaed their stock in the tournament, it may cause him to slip a couple spots but nothing major.

I personally see him as having a ceiling of Andre Miller. Floor is he can't guard anybody and is out of the league in three years.

i'm not all that surprised myself. He's a piss poor defender but his court vision/passing ability is unreal. He's one of those guys that just makes his teammates better. He'll never be a max contract player but he's gonna earn some guys some max contracts. He's even answered some questions about his offensive game over the past few weeks. If I was a team that needed a PG i'd be ecstatic about drafting him
BIG FURB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #10
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation

Rondo is a great athlete.... Sucks at shooting but can get in the paint much more than average.

Marshalls defense isn't too good and at a premier athletic position, he will struggle with the Pauls,Irvings, and Westbrooks of the world.

I do think he's an NBA starter because he can do several things well and he's a leader.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #11
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG FURB
i'm not all that surprised myself. He's a piss poor defender but his court vision/passing ability is unreal. He's one of those guys that just makes his teammates better. He'll never be a max contract player but he's gonna earn some guys some max contracts. He's even answered some questions about his offensive game over the past few weeks. If I was a team that needed a PG i'd be ecstatic about drafting him

And there's my question about him. He plays with arguably the most talented team in college basketball. How much is he doing to make guys like Barnes, Zeller etc better? I can see his impact at times on McAdoo and the younger guys, but an upper classman is supposed to bring that.

Agreed that he's a lousy defender. No way he can handle NBA PG on the perimeter. Just too slow laterally.

Again, I think his upside is Andre Miller, which isn't a bad career. But I could see him as an outright flop as well.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #12
noob cake
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
And there's my question about him. He plays with arguably the most talented team in college basketball. How much is he doing to make guys like Barnes, Zeller etc better? I can see his impact at times on McAdoo and the younger guys, but an upper classman is supposed to bring that.

Agreed that he's a lousy defender. No way he can handle NBA PG on the perimeter. Just too slow laterally.

Again, I think his upside is Andre Miller, which isn't a bad career. But I could see him as an outright flop as well.

He is playing with 3/4 lotto picks. This guy will be the bust of the draft if he is drafted within top 20.

Barnes
Henson
Zeller
McAdoo
Old 03-22-2012, 07:52 PM   #13
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob cake
He is playing with 3/4 lotto picks. This guy will be the bust of the draft if he is drafted within top 20.

Barnes
Henson
Zeller
McAdoo

guy has elite court vision. He should be a top 20 pick. There just aren't 20 prospects that are better out there.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: