Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #1
DeathOfAutotune
I airball my layups

DeathOfAutotune has an OK reputation so far
Default Raptors forum awesome

Why is the Raptors forum so boring on this site... we are about to have an offseason that will shape our team for a long time. This is exciting people!

Can Colangelo(who I think is a moron) build this team

we have a good coach
we have a top 5 pick (for now)
2 2nd round picks
cap space
and a big coming next year with huge expectations.

pg Steve Nash or Felton
sg Derozan
sf Gilchrist
pf Bargnani
c Valanciunas

would be a great start. What do you guys think about this off season, will we become a playoff team, is it going to take us awhile to be a decent team, or will Colangelo ruin a great oppurtunity to change this franchise around
DeathOfAutotune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation
Default Re: Raptors forum boring

I fail to see the excitment.

Outside of Anthony Davis I don't see a franchise type player in the draft.

Colangelo is terrible with cap space.

2nd round picks are virtually meaningless.

None of our young players took step forwards this season except for James Johnson and he isn't anything more than a role player.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:48 AM   #3
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Regardless of who we draft this year I'll be pretty excited for Jonas.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:11 AM   #4
Tool
Ball til I fall

Tool is considered somewhat coolTool is considered somewhat cool

Val Val Val

Val Val Val

GOOOOO Jonas
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd be happy with Davis or Sullinger but will they pick a PF? doubtful imo
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #6
DeathOfAutotune
I airball my layups

I honestly believe they should take a sg or sf they have passed on brandon roy, danny granger, igoudala to name a few. bargs is a decent front court. we need an all star wing
Old 03-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #7
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Andre Drummond has been dropping down the draft boards. I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:07 PM   #8
DeathOfAutotune
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Andre Drummond has been dropping down the draft boards. I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him.

I would be cool with that if Colangelo would trade Bargs for an all star 3. However The Raps organization wants to build around international players so that wouldnt happen.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #9
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOfAutotune
I would be cool with that if Colangelo would trade Bargs for an all star 3. However The Raps organization wants to build around international players so that wouldnt happen.
The bigger problem might be that the other team actually has to agree to the trade as well.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #10
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Isn't Drummond a 5? He's also super raw so he wouldn't be getting 30mpg anyways.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #11
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Drummond is a 5 but it's not like him or Valanciunas as so immobile that they wouldn't be able to pass as a PF if both end up being really good. Just get good perimeter shooting from your guards (like a normal team) and you'll be fine.

I have doubts about Drummond as well though. Even though he played with guards that had a tendency to hog the ball and take bad shots (Napier, mostly), he still should have produced more than he did. But on the other hand, taking him would also signify that the Raptors management is clearly looking at a long-term plan and simply trying to get players with high-talent ceilings.

I look at this way when it comes to some of the guys projected 2-5 in chart form (the higher, the better):

------ Drummond's potential ceiling

------ Barnes' potential ceiling
------ MKG's potential ceiling

----- MKG's floor

----- Barnes' floor
----- Drummond's floor
Old 03-26-2012, 07:58 PM   #12
DeathOfAutotune
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
The bigger problem might be that the other team actually has to agree to the trade as well.

Bargnani,calderon and a 2nd rd pick can land a good 3.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #13
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOfAutotune
Bargnani,calderon and a 2nd rd pick can land a good 3.
It depends on team need. I think the Raptors could get a Thaddeus Young. You're not getting someone like Rudy Gay or Luol Deng or even Gallinari.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #14
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

keantona has decent reputation
Default Re: Raptors forum awesome

Here's how the summer will go-

We win the lottery...

Trade Bargnani + whatever for a high enough pick for Harrison Barnes...

Bring Nash in in free agency...

Our starting lineup for 12/13:

Valanciunas
A Davis
Barnes
DeRozan
Nash

Maybe use Ed Davis, Calderon and whatever's left for a young PG to learn from Nash (maybe Kabongo enters the draft after all and we buy a pick to get him)...

OK, maybe just a little optimistic...
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:57 PM   #15
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: Raptors forum awesome

If the Raptors got Davis, I'd honestly be ok with gradually dumping every single player other than Davis and Valanciunas. That would be the first sign of hope in a while for this franchise and would immediately have me starting to root for wins with those two as the core going forward.

If the Raptors win the #1 pick, that would also be the best time to fire Colangelo. I'm sure that kind of rebuilding base would be very enticing to some hotshot assistant GM in a smart front office like OKC or San Antonio.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: