Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-23-2006, 09:37 AM   #1
craigthomasb
College star

Default are the raps alienating themselves

people allways talk about not wanting to come to toronto because its in canada, but with the raptors becoming more and more international, and colagenlo said "the only true international nba team" are we distancing ourselves from potential star us born players?

its great being attractive to free agent euro players but maybe the best players in america will start saying "i dont want to go to toronto it all foreign players!" steve francis didnt want to go to vancouver because it was in canada, but thats a one off, but now toronto has an influx of international players and staff, might actualkly make the team less appealing to potential free agents. ok a euro here and there is alright but soon were oging to have more international players than anyone else (calderon, nesterovic, bargnani, ukic, slokar,)

do you think if we continue down this route it will be bad for us in the future? a lot of players a sceptical about toronto the city before they've even been there, dont want the team to make it a harder descision.

howeve on a positive note i see the positive to it, toronto is a very multi-cultural city and it creates an interest with all kinds of people from the city (the ones which matter most)
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:14 AM   #2
J Miles 23
I hit open layups

well we are the only team outside of the US..

but i see ur point..but i don't think it will stop players from comin to Toronto...cuz the only reason they didn't want to before was cuz our front office sucked....most nba players luv toronto..and they always come for Caribana....with our front office in order..i think were good.....
as long as the euro's can play..i don't think its a problem
euros are probs the biggest under utilized market..and colangelo is jumpin on that
J Miles 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:26 AM   #3
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Yeah it all depends on the front office's talent and were all set in that department. I'm not saying all the players are going to have Toronto #1 on their list but it does make it more attractive. People who are thinking about coming to Toronto will remember Bosh signing and extension and giving nothing but praise to the team and city, Jalen Rose saying it was his favorite city in the world (besides his hometown Detroit), and less noticably players like Bonner and JYD who absolutely love everything about Toronto. I think as long as the player thinks he's coming into a good situation it won't matter how many Euro's are on the team.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: