Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #16
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Ebanks into the starting lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
There's not much difference between the 3 SF's, they all have things they do better than the others.....if Brown could ever decide what type of game he'd like the team to play we would know who NEEDS to play and to start.
Ebanks would do best with a fast tempo, Metta needs a half court offense, Barnes is in between but still inconsistent. The big problen I have is that Ebanks isn't getting any minutes at all, this guy needs to be developed, if he takes some minutes from Barnes and Metta it won't even matter, but Ebanks is the only one who can get better.
Great points DKLaker...how could anybody disagree...
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:57 PM   #17
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
There's not much difference between the 3 SF's, they all have things they do better than the others.....if Brown could ever decide what type of game he'd like the team to play we would know who NEEDS to play and to start.
Ebanks would do best with a fast tempo, Metta needs a half court offense, Barnes is in between but still inconsistent. The big problen I have is that Ebanks isn't getting any minutes at all, this guy needs to be developed, if he takes some minutes from Barnes and Metta it won't even matter, but Ebanks is the only one who can get better.

Mike Brown is an idiot....he used eBanks for couple of games & then out of rotation....MWP is getting more than 30mins..when he is doing nothing

Goudelock was giving him nice production....out of rotation...reason? dont know why...

Sessions is getting only 30 mins...why? when pau/bynum/kobe gets around 40mins?
run sessions for 40-42 mins...its ok ...he is only 25 and he was a reserve on the cavs playing around 20mins
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #18
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
The way you get a young player ready is to give him minutes in the actual games, practice is all well and good for learning plays and staying in shape....but it is not a real game. He will not be ready for the playoffs unless he gets to play in actual games.
Here's a novel idea, why didn't Brown see if Ebanks would have any effect guarding Westbrook? When Kobe was healthy with fresher legs his length and athleticism gave Westbrook trouble....it would've been good to find out before the playoffs.......bottom line is that Ebanks and Goudelock need to play, Kobe and Pau need to rest much more.

I agree one hundred thousand percent. That's the cool thing about this forum. People from this forum go to Lakers home games holding up sign and banners based on stuff posted here and the coaches and players get to see it. Its like a grassroots campaign to get Goudelock and Ebanks some damn playing time.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:11 AM   #19
DKLaker

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Obviously Ebanks knows how to play basketball
A guy sits for months and then because of Kobe's injury he gets big minutes........but wait he wasn't good enough to play for months?????
Very very strange coaching....or lack of it. MB =

Who's leg has to break to get GLock off the bench like he should be?
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:28 AM   #20
Frank Foley
High School Varsity 6th Man

Frank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Obviously Ebanks knows how to play basketball
A guy sits for months and then because of Kobe's injury he gets big minutes........but wait he wasn't good enough to play for months?????
Very very strange coaching....or lack of it. MB =

Who's leg has to break to get GLock off the bench like he should be?

I'm glad you brought this up. Brown isn't playing the young kids enough, even though they're our only possible means of saving the old guys' legs through an intense, lockout-shortened season. Instead of playing the non-sucky players on his bench, he actually SHORTENS his rotation while throwing the young guys into purgatory. Glock, Ebanks, Morris, Your Mom--you're telling me they can't match Metta's 29% from 3 (yeah, he's had two good games in a row. Whoopty damn do), or Blake's 5/3 on 37% shooting?

This obviously isn't the Mike Brown thread, so I'm sorry for the non-sequitur, but I remember two things Brown defenders were parroting at the start of the season: 1) he would upgrade our defense; and 2) he would play the young guys more than Phil did. The exact opposite has happened on both fronts.

LA's fg% defense is solid, but they're far WORSE this year on D than they were in Phil's last year. They're easily the worst team in the entire league at forcing turnovers--Phoenix had a total of THREE the entire game tonight, which is a franchise record low, and this was a fast-paced game with a lot of possessions, i.e. chances to create turnovers. This is partly a personnel issue, since Sessions and Barnes are the only athletic perimeter guys we have, but Brown's done nothing to stop the bleeding. He never changes his defense up, he never zones, he never traps. Forcing a low fg% doesn't mean as much when you allow a ton of possessions and offensive rebounds.

Second, and this is more on point, Brown's rotations have been truly awful: he's failed to play or develop any of our prospects, and most damning is the lack of logic he's exhibited. Without Kobe tonight, the team had literally zero perimeter creators when Sessions sat out. What did Brown do? He played Sessions LESS than he usually does. Oh, and Blake played 18 minutes, with zero points, one assist, one rebound, abominable defense, and three turnovers. Hell, I could have done that, and I would've waived the annual $5 million fee. And with Shannon and Redd singeing the nets the way they were, why would you put in one of the worst, most apathetic defenders in the league to match up with them?

Maybe I'm not qualified to break down the minutiae of Brown's X's and O's. Feel free to dismiss what I've said up to this point. But tossing all of the technical discourse out, it's really obvious that Brown's a poor leader, even to a layperson. He rolls his eyes and puts his hands on his hips when his team screws up multiple times in a row. DK's repeatedly bashed brown for his inability to garner the respect of his players, and it shows, and it's killing this team. It won't necessarily manifest itself through a lack of effort, a la Bynum's March of IDGaF, but Brown really needs to hold his ground and not let the old guys push him around. When Metta was whining about minutes, what did Brown do? He put him BACK into the starting lineup, instead of benching his ineffective ass and daring him to opt out at the end of the season (I would have forgiven Brown for almost everything if he had freed us from Metta's cap hold). Fish was one of the worst starters in the league, and Brown never sat him because he was afraid of losing the team. Blake's had his head up his slim shady butt for the last month, and his coach (you know, the dude who gets paid to keep players focused) KEEPS putting him in and yanking him out after five minutes of ineffectiveness.

tl;dr Mike Brown is a bad coach, a worse leader, and a snappy dresser. And he hasn't given the young guys enough burn. And Jim Buss is an idiot. 4 years, $18 million.

Good God.
Frank Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #21
DKLaker

Frank Foley, that was
I couldn't have written it better myself

That's why I tell you that you should post much more!!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:03 PM   #22
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I think thats a given now. He looked great out there defending Durant.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #23
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
I think thats a given now. He looked great out there defending Durant.

Just like you called it kk
Old 04-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #24
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

TryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation here

He just dropped a dumbell on his right hand

Christian Eyenga ?

Move kobe to SF and start goudelock at the 2 ?
TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:38 AM   #25
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryToBeUnbias
He just dropped a dumbell on his right hand

Christian Eyenga ?

Move kobe to SF and start goudelock at the 2 ?

WTF!!!! How the hell do you manage to do that????

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lakers-...0843--nba.html
Old 04-25-2012, 01:47 AM   #26
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
WTF!!!! How the hell do you manage to do that????

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lakers-...0843--nba.html

he can still hustle...play Defense and get some offensive rebounds...I havent seen take any jumper anyways
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:34 AM   #27
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

is it his shooting hand?
MJ(Mean John) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:33 AM   #28
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What a dumbass. It was his opportunity for grabs.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #29
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

It was his left hand...If it was kobe in that situation he would still be playing. These young cats are not worth a pot to piss in Got that saying from the old school side of the house...

I'm sure Mike Brown would start Sessions and Blake and move Kobe to the 3. I hope Glock gets some minutes on thursday....

Last edited by LA.MJ&KB#1 : 04-25-2012 at 01:04 PM.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #30
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
It was his left hand...If it was kobe in that situation he would still be playing. These you cats are not worth a pot to piss in Got that saying from the old school side of the house...

I'm sure Mike Brown would start Sessions and Blake and move Kobe to the 3. I hope Glock gets some minutes on thursday....

This is why you have to get more players involved....sh!t happens and you end up with guys who have been rusting away on the bench playing key minutes.......a good coach has them ready before now.
The way Sessions and Blake have been playing defense is
If only we had Gerald Green right now
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: