Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #16
qrich
King Heno

Default Re: Warriors Vs Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
Hold on now, im saying have either of them EVER taken a three point shot for fun like Bynum did? He has ABSOLUTELY no three point shot whatsoever, he just threw it up for no reason. That def deserves a benching, get outta here.

I agree and don't view it as a Mike Brown ego trip in the slightest but more of him trying to make sure that the players understand that it is his team and they will need to have some respect for the plays and decisions he makes. Sometimes I wish VDN would bench Paul and Griffin for being too passive or seeming disinterested, so if you guys want a coach who'll just let the players do as they wish, have horrid rotations, no plays drawn out of a time-out, I'll gladly kidnap VDN and Mike Brown and have them swap bodies or something.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #17
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BØBØ
This. Bynum trailed the play by a few seconds as he strolled down court after the ball was passed to him he never even squared up or set his feet. He Halfassed it and jacked up that shot.

The 3 was the icing on the cake he wasn't into the game at all. Look at his final free throw attempts he got the ball and barely looked at the rim just before lobbing the ball in the general direction. Anyone trying to make an argument for Bynum not to be benched is using the situation to further an agenda.

As the king of benching big named players Phil Jackson once said, losing playing time is the only thing that gets through to these guys or as John Wooden said, the bench is a coaches best friend

Kid needs to grow up. He wants to be a team leader time to act like one

Does Bynum need to grow up.....absolutely.....no question about that, should he show more leadership.....again YES!!!!
Should he have been benched in a game he was playing well and the team was winning because of 1 improper shot.....absolutely, positively not!!!!!
1 shot in a game is meaningless unless it's in the final 4 minutes.
At least Bynum hit the rim, I saw Metta, Blake, Fish, Kobe all airball 3 consecutive 3 point attempts this year.....in fact I don't know who leads the team in airballs.....Blake or Metta. Bynum had just made his last 3pt shot the game before.....something you guys don't seem to know. Bynum also shoots and makes a good % of his 3's in practice.......Brown is not stopping him from shooting them in practice.

As a coach, you cannot expect a guy to be a leader to his teammates if you degrade him in front of them.......I mean think about it, you tell your team that Bynum is a leader and then you bench him for 1 shot? You get so much more respect and mileage from telling him to not shoot another one and then discussing the situation privately later.....this also keeps the media and fans out of the conversation......this allows for fewer distractions for the team, himself and and allows Bynum to save face and status with his teammates.
In turn Bynum will respect you more and more likely do the right thing.
I hope you guys are able to understand the difference in approach and WHY the method Brown used was wrong. 1 shot, 1 bad pass or whatever should get a warning......it's the 2nd or 3rd after a warning that should get you benched. This is one of the differences between a good coach and a bad one.

Browns poor coaching methods and cluelessness has led to a huge lack of trust and respect with each member of the team....same thing that happened in Cleveland.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #18
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
I agree and don't view it as a Mike Brown ego trip in the slightest but more of him trying to make sure that the players understand that it is his team and they will need to have some respect for the plays and decisions he makes. Sometimes I wish VDN would bench Paul and Griffin for being too passive or seeming disinterested, so if you guys want a coach who'll just let the players do as they wish, have horrid rotations, no plays drawn out of a time-out, I'll gladly kidnap VDN and Mike Brown and have them swap bodies or something.

VDN was another stupid hire, I laughed and said "Didn't they watch this guy coach in Chicago?????" So now in L.A we have 2 dumb@ss coaches who are doing exactly what they did wrong in their previous job
Old 03-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #19
BØBØ
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
I agree with much of this. VDN has had this team a bit longer than Brown but in both cases I think some patience is needed. This is not the season to be making judgments based on results alone. The compressed season has lots of teams scrambling. We're seeing odd rotations throughout the league as coaches try and buy rest and combat the ever mounting injuries the league is seeing. Tim Duncan sat out 5 games now this season last time he was listed as "DNP old"

In the Clippers and Lakers you have two teams with deep roster changes and in the Lakers case a team that has been purged by the front office from top to bottom, from the roster to the coaching staff the scouting ranks and even a shift in team management duties. These things are not easy to overcome when you have a 9 day training camp and a new CBA that makes filling out the roster harder than ever .

Everything has been done on the fly, the Lakers are 3rd in the west and playing well considering the circumstances.

Clippers are a team that was put behind the 8 ball in other ways. Huge roster shakeup at key positions and such a young team with so much to learn and no time to learn it. So much of their game is based on their youth speed and athleticism for them just surviving a schedule that is built to grind down even the hardiest of player is the hard part. I think what we see with the Clippers is a combination of the league catching up to what they are doing on the floor and tired players. When your game is based on the factors i listed and that's hindered you're going to look sloppy and out of sync.
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #20
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BØBØ
I agree with much of this. VDN has had this team a bit longer than Brown but in both cases I think some patience is needed. This is not the season to be making judgments based on results alone. The compressed season has lots of teams scrambling. We're seeing odd rotations throughout the league as coaches try and buy rest and combat the ever mounting injuries the league is seeing. Tim Duncan sat out 5 games now this season last time he was listed as "DNP old"

In the Clippers and Lakers you have two teams with deep roster changes and in the Lakers case a team that has been purged by the front office from top to bottom, from the roster to the coaching staff the scouting ranks and even a shift in team management duties. These things are not easy to overcome when you have a 9 day training camp and a new CBA that makes filling out the roster harder than ever .

Everything has been done on the fly, the Lakers are 3rd in the west and playing well considering the circumstances.

Clippers are a team that was put behind the 8 ball in other ways. Huge roster shakeup at key positions and such a young team with so much to learn and no time to learn it. So much of their game is based on their youth speed and athleticism for them just surviving a schedule that is built to grind down even the hardiest of player is the hard part. I think what we see with the Clippers is a combination of the league catching up to what they are doing on the floor and tired players. When your game is based on the factors i listed and that's hindered you're going to look sloppy and out of sync.

Once again Coach Pop is so much smarter than everyone else, he knows he can't drive his players into the ground trying to win regular season games, he knows it's all about the playoffs. Mike Brown on the other hand let old Kobe play almost 100 minutes in 2 nights and Kobe hasn't looked the same ever since, same with Pau. I said in a condensed schedule you HAVE TO use guys like McRoberts, Goudelock and Ebanks to spell minutes for other guys......even if you lose games in the regular season because of it.....you flat out cannot go to the playoffs as a tired worn out team. Brown has failed to use his roster in the proper fashion.

Give VDN and Brown a chance??? What.....can't we all see that they haven't changed a single thing they did wrong in their last job??? They haven't learned crap and the complaints are the same as their previous team had.
The Lakers are not amateur night where we TRY OUT bad or inexperienced coaches and give them years to figure it out.....this is the big time. At least with VDN, the Clippers were not a big time team when they hired him......it is very clear the Lakers blew it.
I will add that the Lakers have the players to win the championship this year....but the wrong coach, a coach who has no clue how to use them, lead, bring them together.....nor does he have the slightest clue as to how to run an offense. OKC just gave up what....140 points??? It's not like their defense is all that.

Lakers 3rd in the west...BFD, this is a crap Down Year for the west and we have the most or 2nd most talent in the west....we haven't achieved anything.

I'm just grateful that we haven't had injuries with Brown over using his key players.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #21
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Does Bynum need to grow up.....absolutely.....no question about that, should he show more leadership.....again YES!!!!
Should he have been benched in a game he was playing well and the team was winning because of 1 improper shot.....absolutely, positively not!!!!!
1 shot in a game is meaningless unless it's in the final 4 minutes.
At least Bynum hit the rim, I saw Metta, Blake, Fish, Kobe all airball 3 consecutive 3 point attempts this year.....in fact I don't know who leads the team in airballs.....Blake or Metta. Bynum had just made his last 3pt shot the game before.....something you guys don't seem to know. Bynum also shoots and makes a good % of his 3's in practice.......Brown is not stopping him from shooting them in practice.

As a coach, you cannot expect a guy to be a leader to his teammates if you degrade him in front of them.......I mean think about it, you tell your team that Bynum is a leader and then you bench him for 1 shot? You get so much more respect and mileage from telling him to not shoot another one and then discussing the situation privately later.....this also keeps the media and fans out of the conversation......this allows for fewer distractions for the team, himself and and allows Bynum to save face and status with his teammates.
In turn Bynum will respect you more and more likely do the right thing.
I hope you guys are able to understand the difference in approach and WHY the method Brown used was wrong. 1 shot, 1 bad pass or whatever should get a warning......it's the 2nd or 3rd after a warning that should get you benched. This is one of the differences between a good coach and a bad one.

Browns poor coaching methods and cluelessness has led to a huge lack of trust and respect with each member of the team....same thing that happened in Cleveland.

1) At least Bynum hit the rim? Compared to Blake or Ron? You're forgetting the sample size here. Blake and Artest throughout their entire careers have taken many many many three point shots. Everyone eventually airballs. Kobe shot 3 airballs in a row against the jazz in a playoff game. Allen iverson, one of the greatest individual scorers to ever play the game, airballed free throws a few times. To say "At least Bynum hit the rim" shows at some level that you are looking for any absolute reason to defend a really stupid play. Mason and Ireland commented about that shot on the show, the fact there were 15 seconds left, and he threw up this shot, without even thinking of running whatever system existed, is completely inexcusable. Everyone in the arena made a noise as in to say "What the hell is he doing?" And this was the opposing team's fans too lol. You compare Bynum to Pau in three point shooting, Pau shoots threes when the system gives him in open three, not when he's running up the court with 15 seconds left, completely disregarding everything they learned in practice.

2) a - How do we know Brown lets him shoot in practice? Is it because Kobe said he makes them in practice? Kobe is the same guy who said he apologized to Bynum after he demanded him to be traded. Then the media found out from Bynum it was a lie. You're going to believe Kobe, a guy who not only lies, but throws his teammates under the bus when it is in his best interest? Do you remember him completely trashing the lakers organization, that eventually put a championship team around him that brought him two rings? When Kobe sits there blaming everyone around him, he never mentions why he shot a terrible shooting game in game 7 vs the celtics, a performance that nearly cost this organization another championship. But its okay for him to throw Bynum under the bus, the organization under the bus, and more recently, Mike Brown under the bus.

b - "He hits them in practice". News flash DK, Shaquille O'Neal used to his his free throws in practice. Sasha Vujacic used to always hit his shots in practice. Practice and the game are two very different things. This goes back to what I was initially making a point in saying, was that if the three pointer that Bynum took was a part of the system that got him that shot, then it wouldn't have been as bad. But because he didn't run any plays, he walked right up to that line with a plan of exactly what he was going to do, a plan which completely defied the lakers system, that was a stupid ass shot. I would have fined him for that. It was so ugly, it barely hit rim, and you're defending this idiot for that shot? What the hell does Kobe know? Kobe is the same guy who wanted Phil out of lakerland. Only to realize he couldn't even play without him being there. Couldn't win anyways.

3) "As a coach, you cannot expect a guy to be a leader to his teammates if you degrade him in front of them"

I very much beg to differ on this, simply because a leader is someone who not only barks out orders, but someone who leads by example. I can be a great example for many people if I accept responsibilities for my mistakes. There is no doubt in my mind, Bynum's three point shot was a mistake. It was bone headed.
When coach comes to bench you now, you accept this, and you apologize to your teammates for being selfish. Only then will you ever be respected as a leader, because you were able to humble yourself for the greater good of the team. Thats what a true leader is, someone who does whatever is necessary for the greater good, OF THE REST OF THE GROUP!!.

The word "Degrading" refers to a one sided attempt to discredit someone else. If you feel that Bynum was degraded, then you have not factored in that Bynum was degrading the system, degrading the coach, degrading and downplaying this team's capabilities and desire to win the game. He just wanted to shoot that shot, in hopes of it going in, to add to his stats. That shot was not done for the greater good of this team DK. That shot was a shot which he was not supposed to take, and if he is the leader of this team, then he is telling everyone that they are allowed to take stupid shots upon demand.

4) Must we always go back to Brown in Cleveland? In Cleveland he was the biggest blow jobber for Lebron James. He let him do whatever the hell he wanted. In the end, Lebron was not only a pain in the ass to Cleveland, but when he first arrived in Miami, his immaturity and constant need for power irritated Pat Riley.

Brown is now here, and he learned from this mistake, because from this point on, he is the coach, and he will make the decisions. This has always been the case and it will never change, and if it ever changes, where the student gets to teach the teacher, I will hang myself from this ceiling and lose all hope in humanity for surviving.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:30 PM   #22
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

DAMN IM SO BIASED
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:51 AM   #23
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
1) At least Bynum hit the rim? Compared to Blake or Ron? You're forgetting the sample size here. Blake and Artest throughout their entire careers have taken many many many three point shots. Everyone eventually airballs. Kobe shot 3 airballs in a row against the jazz in a playoff game. Allen iverson, one of the greatest individual scorers to ever play the game, airballed free throws a few times. To say "At least Bynum hit the rim" shows at some level that you are looking for any absolute reason to defend a really stupid play. Mason and Ireland commented about that shot on the show, the fact there were 15 seconds left, and he threw up this shot, without even thinking of running whatever system existed, is completely inexcusable. Everyone in the arena made a noise as in to say "What the hell is he doing?" And this was the opposing team's fans too lol. You compare Bynum to Pau in three point shooting, Pau shoots threes when the system gives him in open three, not when he's running up the court with 15 seconds left, completely disregarding everything they learned in practice.

2) a - How do we know Brown lets him shoot in practice? Is it because Kobe said he makes them in practice? Kobe is the same guy who said he apologized to Bynum after he demanded him to be traded. Then the media found out from Bynum it was a lie. You're going to believe Kobe, a guy who not only lies, but throws his teammates under the bus when it is in his best interest? Do you remember him completely trashing the lakers organization, that eventually put a championship team around him that brought him two rings? When Kobe sits there blaming everyone around him, he never mentions why he shot a terrible shooting game in game 7 vs the celtics, a performance that nearly cost this organization another championship. But its okay for him to throw Bynum under the bus, the organization under the bus, and more recently, Mike Brown under the bus.

b - "He hits them in practice". News flash DK, Shaquille O'Neal used to his his free throws in practice. Sasha Vujacic used to always hit his shots in practice. Practice and the game are two very different things. This goes back to what I was initially making a point in saying, was that if the three pointer that Bynum took was a part of the system that got him that shot, then it wouldn't have been as bad. But because he didn't run any plays, he walked right up to that line with a plan of exactly what he was going to do, a plan which completely defied the lakers system, that was a stupid ass shot. I would have fined him for that. It was so ugly, it barely hit rim, and you're defending this idiot for that shot? What the hell does Kobe know? Kobe is the same guy who wanted Phil out of lakerland. Only to realize he couldn't even play without him being there. Couldn't win anyways.

3) "As a coach, you cannot expect a guy to be a leader to his teammates if you degrade him in front of them"

I very much beg to differ on this, simply because a leader is someone who not only barks out orders, but someone who leads by example. I can be a great example for many people if I accept responsibilities for my mistakes. There is no doubt in my mind, Bynum's three point shot was a mistake. It was bone headed.
When coach comes to bench you now, you accept this, and you apologize to your teammates for being selfish. Only then will you ever be respected as a leader, because you were able to humble yourself for the greater good of the team. Thats what a true leader is, someone who does whatever is necessary for the greater good, OF THE REST OF THE GROUP!!.

The word "Degrading" refers to a one sided attempt to discredit someone else. If you feel that Bynum was degraded, then you have not factored in that Bynum was degrading the system, degrading the coach, degrading and downplaying this team's capabilities and desire to win the game. He just wanted to shoot that shot, in hopes of it going in, to add to his stats. That shot was not done for the greater good of this team DK. That shot was a shot which he was not supposed to take, and if he is the leader of this team, then he is telling everyone that they are allowed to take stupid shots upon demand.

4) Must we always go back to Brown in Cleveland? In Cleveland he was the biggest blow jobber for Lebron James. He let him do whatever the hell he wanted. In the end, Lebron was not only a pain in the ass to Cleveland, but when he first arrived in Miami, his immaturity and constant need for power irritated Pat Riley.

Brown is now here, and he learned from this mistake, because from this point on, he is the coach, and he will make the decisions. This has always been the case and it will never change, and if it ever changes, where the student gets to teach the teacher, I will hang myself from this ceiling and lose all hope in humanity for surviving.

Other than making excuses for Brown none of what you said makes the least bit of sense to me nor anyone I know who has coached or played....sorry.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:25 AM   #24
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Other than making excuses for Brown none of what you said makes the least bit of sense to me nor anyone I know who has coached or played....sorry.

Translation: "I didn't read your long and thoughtful post"
Old 04-01-2012, 01:49 AM   #25
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Guys...guys...
Be nice.. Lol

DK&LF
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:17 AM   #26
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Guys...guys...
Be nice.. Lol

DK&LF

STOP PLAYING MY ROLE!!

Lets get these two feelin each other first.....then we'll step in

Its better if they beat each other off

AND THROW SOME JELLO ON THEM
....Just sayin
Old 04-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #27
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
STOP PLAYING MY ROLE!!

....Just sayin

thats disgusting lol
Old 04-01-2012, 11:15 PM   #28
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
thats disgusting lol

haahahaahahaha
Old 04-01-2012, 11:56 PM   #29
bladefd
Good college starter

I hope Andrew is okay...
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:15 AM   #30
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
STOP PLAYING MY ROLE!!

....Just sayin

Child......where is your mind??? I mean really.....I would never think of much less make such a comment......are you coming out or something
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: