Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #1561
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

The Miller slider and the Kershaw curve are the most impressive to me, the Miller slider was absolutely filthy. And the fact that Blanco thought that Kershaw's curve was going to hit him in the head, and then broke into the strike zone is just amazing.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #1562
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Let's not forget the long toss:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb...004705499.html

Throwing foul pole to foul pole.

Ridiculous.
Honestly I'd be shocked if most big league pitchers couldn't toss it pole to pole. Most just aren't going to on a day when they're pitching. I'm not going to say it isn't impressive, but most guys with big league caliber arms should be able to do it without a whole lot of difficulty.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:58 PM   #1563
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
The Miller slider and the Kershaw curve are the most impressive to me, the Miller slider was absolutely filthy. And the fact that Blanco thought that Kershaw's curve was going to hit him in the head, and then broke into the strike zone is just amazing.
Kershaw's was like Miller's pitch, the late break was just insane. The one Qwyj posted was pretty much a run of the mill big league curveball.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #1564
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This one happened this year, I don't know if this is an incredibly nasty slider by Liriano or just a terrible swing by Fancoeur:

Here's another good one

Strasburg's filthy changeup:

Old 07-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #1565
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
This one happened this year, I don't know if this is an incredibly nasty slider by Liriano or just a terrible swing by Fancoeur:

Hard to tell by that gif but odds are good that it was probably a bit of both. You don't need to be a Cy Young winner to make Jeff Francoeur look bad up there.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #1566
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rangers 50-29...best in MLB

this is our year, watch out
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #1567
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Giants fans must've had a late night voting rally. Pablo starting the game at 3B

Huston Street making the squad further proves that the one player for each team rule is so dumb. The Padres are so terrible that their closer who has only been in 21 games has to go.

Cueto a huge snub, don't see how Bruce got in instead of him. As much as it pains me to say, Vogelsong probably deserves to be there too (and McDonald actually forgot about him), but there are always snubs each year.

Last edited by sunsfan1357 : 07-01-2012 at 03:56 PM.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #1568
irondarts

Huston Street making the ASG is ridiculous. Especially since Cueto and McDonald were left off.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #1569
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Isn't it kind of weird that Brandon Crawford and Belt got over 3.5 million votes? I understand fans voting for players on their team, but even scrubs never get that many votes.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #1570
irondarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Isn't it kind of weird that Brandon Crawford and Belt got over 3.5 million votes? I understand fans voting for players on their team, but even scrubs never get that many votes.
It is weird. I wouldn't call Belt a scrub though, to me he's a future all star, but yeah this year it's really strange.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #1571
sunsfan1357
Word.

Quote:
It is weird. I wouldn't call Belt a scrub though, to me he's a future all star, but yeah this year it's really strange.
I just threw that out there to make a general point. I'm pretty high on Belt as well and felt that Bochy was giving him the shaft for a while, but yeah I should've worded it better than lumping him in as a scrub.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #1572
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have no problem with fans stuffing the ballots. I would do the same if I care enough to vote. Systems are there to find loop holes in and work to your advantage. Props to the Giants fans for forcing everyone to watch their players.

My problem is with the players and coaches getting the backups REALLY wrong.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #1573
The Big Skinny
The champ is here.

The Big Skinny is considered somewhat coolThe Big Skinny is considered somewhat cool

Ridiculous All-star voting as usual.

Rafael Furcal is the starting SS over Ian Desmond. Pretty bush-league. Probably because LaRussa is the manager.

Bryan Lahair makes the team over Adam Laroche. lol....

The Big Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:08 PM   #1574
The GM
#ballislife

The GM is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Jason Kipnis should be on the AL AS team hands down (sorry Ian Kinsler) and Kershaw/Miley over Grenike/Bumgarner? what a joke.
The GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #1575
sunsfan1357
Word.

Jay Bruce
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: