Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-07-2012, 05:39 PM   #1666
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
You might want to look over Deck McGuire before including him with a guy like Sanchez. I guarantee you the Jays would have no issues with letting McGuire go and I doubt Arizona would want him.

So assuming it's either D'Arnaud + single-A arm or Gose/Marsinick + one of the single-A arms, I'd probably rather let Gose, Marisnick plus the arm go. I'm personally not a big Gose fan but I like Marisnick. I just think if Colby Rasmus' resurgence is for real (and I do), there would be no room for either of them if Upton joins the team.
I just looked at McGuires stats this year, over 6 ERA in AA and he's 23..I always knew he had just average stuff but I thought he was better than his numbers show. Yeah, the D-Backs might not want him.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #1667
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I just think the rangers can pretty easily beat those packages(and would). We could also get creative and offer Elvis andrus for him though that would be more likely in the offseason
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #1668
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
I just think the rangers can pretty easily beat those packages(and would). We could also get creative and offer Elvis andrus for him though that would be more likely in the offseason
I agree. The Rangers have tradeable guys that are closer to the majors (if they include Andrus) which is something I assume Arizona would be looking for more since they're not a bad team or rebuilding. Plus I figure Texas will let Hamilton walk and adding an OF that can play CF would be a need for them. With the Jays, there is a hole in LF but a far more pressing needs with starting pitching and possibly 1B.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #1669
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think the D-Backs would jump at the idea of acquiring Mike Olt. Getting a stud 3B who is nearly major league ready is something the D-Backs would love to do IMO.

Throw in possibly Andrus and a pitcher and that trade looks nice.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:58 PM   #1670
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I agree. The Rangers have tradeable guys that are closer to the majors (if they include Andrus) which is something I assume Arizona would be looking for more since they're not a bad team or rebuilding. Plus I figure Texas will let Hamilton walk and adding an OF that can play CF would be a need for them. With the Jays, there is a hole in LF but a far more pressing needs with starting pitching and possibly 1B.
I think the front office will be completely ok with having gentry and Martin platoon out there. Gentry should win the al gold glove in center this year(but won't because hes not famous) Also Martin has jus mashed in triple a this year and at some point they'll want him to play.

I do agree that Hamilton is probably gone and it would be nice to have a cof that could play there in a pinch though. My bigger reason to want him is because the mashing rangers offense that we've come to know and love is about to change. Hamilton and Napoli are fa after this year(though nap has sucked) and young and Cruz are fa after next year. The only one of those I think there is any chance we keep is Napoli because we just don't have a catcher till Alfaro and he's at least 3 years away. We need a cof middle of the order bat
Old 07-07-2012, 06:02 PM   #1671
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
I think the D-Backs would jump at the idea of acquiring Mike Olt. Getting a stud 3B who is nearly major league ready is something the D-Backs would love to do IMO.

Throw in possibly Andrus and a pitcher and that trade looks nice.
Andrus and olt would be too much. Upton isn't significantly better than andrus (and has been a good bit worse this year) and isn't any younger than Elvis. Olt or Elvis could front a deal but I just can't see dealing a gg ss and a gg 3b especially when the 3b hits like
Olt.

If its for both of them, they'd have to include Archie Bradley or Tyler scaggs
Old 07-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #1672
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Stanton getting surgery. Out of the ASG and its festivities, will be out 4-6 weeks.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #1673
irondarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Stanton getting surgery. Out of the ASG and its festivities, will be out 4-6 weeks.
Damn, that sucks. I really wanted to see him in the HR Derby.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #1674
irondarts

Andrew McCutchen will replace Giancarlo Stanton in the Home Run derby.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #1675
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Andrew McCutchen will replace Giancarlo Stanton in the Home Run derby.
good for him, just hope it doesnt screw with his swing.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:36 AM   #1676
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
good for him, just hope it doesnt screw with his swing.

I dont think thats a big worry. he worked on his swing a lot this offseason and i dont think hes the type of player to **** his swing up like that. I'd like to see Pedro have a shot at hr derby tho.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #1677
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Reds have struggled badly at times on their west coast trip, but a win today ensures a winning record for their 11 game California "jaunt." Given their past struggles on the left coast, that would mean a lot.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #1678
irondarts

The Pirates have been talking to the D-Backs about acquiring Justin Upton.

The package would probably start with Jameson Taillon and Starling Marte.

Hmmm, I'd be for that, Even though it would be tough to give up Taillon, but I'd rather trade Taillon than Cole, if one had to be dealt.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #1679
irondarts

'Cutch is 3-5 today with 2 HR's and 4 RBI's.

Pirates absolutely destroying the Giants and roughed up Lincecum badly.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #1680
irondarts

Also, can't wait to watch the Futures game in a half an hour.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: