Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #1831
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation
Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

it feels like nash being traded to the lakers all over again.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:39 PM   #1832
AK47DR91

Damn, so all the great Mariners have worn a Yankee uniform with exception to Griffey.

Big Unit
A-Rod
now, Ichiro

Even Buhner was a Yankee prospect.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #1833
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
I really can't believe the Yankees got Ichiro. Gives me interest in watching the games again.

Can he play tonight? Is that realistic?

That will be strange. The Yankees play Seattle tonight.

"Hey Ichiro, wrong locker room. You go that way."
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #1834
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
That will be strange. The Yankees play Seattle tonight.

"Hey Ichiro, wrong locker room. You go that way."

Exactly...thats why I'm wondering if hes got a shot to play.

I can picture him getting a standing O and every other Yankee getting booed like crazy.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:14 PM   #1835
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The thing is ichiro isn't very good anymore...

Really sad colby Lewis is out for the year. Makes it much more likely the rangers go get one of the big arms on the market IMO
raiderfan19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #1836
Sarcastic

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
The thing is ichiro isn't very good anymore...

Really sad colby Lewis is out for the year. Makes it much more likely the rangers go get one of the big arms on the market IMO

Away from Safeco his line is .297/.314/.402

At Safeco he is .214/.255/.289

I think he will be rejuvenated playing for a contending team as well.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #1837
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Away from Safeco his line is .297/.314/.402

At Safeco he is .214/.255/.289

I think he will be rejuvenated playing for a contending team as well.
.297/314/402 isnt very good.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #1838
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow. I thought he would be a Mariner for his career. Would be nice to see him end up back in Seattle in a couple of years when its time for him to retire though.

And apparently the Red Sox are after Josh Johnson. Doesn't really make sense for the Marlins to trade him. But if they do maybe Buchholz, Kalish, and a couple of prospects can get it done?
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #1839
Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
.297/314/402 isnt very good.

It's not awful and like I said, I think he will be rejuvenated playing for a contender.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:49 PM   #1840
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
It's not awful and like I said, I think he will be rejuvenated playing for a contender.
We'll see. It's possible but I doubt it. At this point he's a good 4th ofer nothing more
Old 07-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #1841
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Good trade for the yankees, absolutely shocked to see him traded though.

Does he still get, I think 5% but I'm not entirely sure exactly how much it was, of a stake in the franchise when he retires, since he got traded?
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #1842
christian1923
Y'all ni**** trippin

christian1923 has decent reputation

Holy tits I just saw the trade. Yankees lineup is vicious. But it'll come down to their pitching in October.

Damn why did god have to make me a Mets fan.
christian1923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #1843
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cutch is a pretty shitty base stealer for how fast he is.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #1844
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Good trade for the yankees, absolutely shocked to see him traded though.

Does he still get, I think 5% but I'm not entirely sure exactly how much it was, of a stake in the franchise when he retires, since he got traded?
Wait what? I don't think there was an ownership stake in his contract.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #1845
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Cutch is a pretty shitty base stealer for how fast he is.
Kinda like he's a bad defensive cfer? I dont think he gets started all that well. At this point it doesn't matter though. He's just absolutely killing the ball.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: