Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-25-2012, 03:04 AM   #1876
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation
Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles p
Reading that the phillies and hamels are close to a 6 year 137.5mil extension.

Pretty hefty contract extension. I don't think he's worth it but if you're the Phillies and can buy anyone you want, I guess that's a good deal for them.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:07 AM   #1877
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLebronWeTrust
Pitching hasn't been where we want it to be since the break ended. We still need hitting, that is for sure. The prospects we gave up aren't that big of a deal. Cole and Tailon are two names that we will have to ship away (at least one) to get a nice bat though unfortunately. I've heard rumors from Cargo (won't happen), Chase Headley, Shane Victorino, and Upton but who knows...

Time will tell.
Cole won't be traded and it would take a bat like cargo or Upton to pry Taillon away. I wish we could have made a run at Hanley knowing how light the asking price was but the Pirates probably couldn't afford to pick up all of his remaining contact
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:41 AM   #1878
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Cole won't be traded and it would take a bat like cargo or Upton to pry Taillon away. I wish we could have made a run at Hanley knowing how light the asking price was but the Pirates probably couldn't afford to pick up all of his remaining contact

Yeah... Ramirez woulda been sick man maybe stuck him at short or put Pedro to left. One week left here or a little less. Keep your fingers crossed for anything

-quizzle
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:25 AM   #1879
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Marlins trade Hanley to the Dodgers.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/s...ngeles-dodgers

If he is indeed "rejuvenated by a change of scenery" then that would make the heart of the Dodgers lineup very scary. If not, then the Dodgers are stuck with the last two years of his contract where they'll owe $31.5M for a guy who's been a .245/.328/.405 player his last 184 games (2011 and 2012).

Feels kind of strange for them to be in total "sell" mode after the hype the received in the offseason for the Reyes and Bell signings. Article says they may also try to deal Josh Johnson and Heath Bell before the deadline.

ETA: Guess I should've read the page before this one sine this isn't exactly breaking news. I can't sleep and just saw it flash across ESPN's bottomline with the red "BREAKING NEWS" tag on the left and the article was just posted about 30 minutes ago. Is ESPN that far behind or did the deal just become official?

Last edited by KG215 : 07-25-2012 at 05:39 AM.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:27 AM   #1880
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Oh hey guys, this is my last post ever being a ****ing Marlins fan
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:31 AM   #1881
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Oh hey guys, this is my last post ever being a ****ing Marlins fan

It is crazy how they have gone into panic mode, considering this is a year of guys getting use to each other. They should have at least waited until this point next year to decide things aren't going to work.

How bout them A's.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:38 AM   #1882
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Random question. Anyone ever been to Turner Field before? I'll be there on Friday.

Yeah, I've been there a couple of times. Even as a Braves fan I can't say it's all that great. Just didn't have that "feel" of something unique or special like other places I've been to like Camden, Chase, Busch, Arlington, Kaufman, and AT&T. Better than others like the Trop (which isn't hard), old Marlins park, and a few others. Out of the 11 or 12 I've been to, I'd rank it in the 6-7 range. I mean I enjoyed it because I was getting to see my favorite team live, but Turner Field itself is just "ok."
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #1883
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Now with 3B open, I wonder if the Marlins now regret trading away Matt Dominguez?
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #1884
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Now with 3B open, I wonder if the Marlins now regret trading away Matt Dominguez?
I think this leads to a josh Johnson for mike olt deal. Bit it sure how I'll feel about that
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #1885
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

God I love the Marlins.

NO ONE does a fire sale quite like Jeffrey Loria. What a horrible, horrible owner. Awful. He ruined the Expos, and now he's bilked hundreds of millions from Florida taxpayers for a new stadium, only to sell off all of his assets at the first sign of trouble. A joke of a franchise.

Also - with the extension to Hamels, the Phillies now have about $95M tied up NEXT year in Howard, Halladay, Lee and Hamels alone. YIKES.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #1886
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

AlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation here

Man every since our last WS it's been a bitch being a marlin fan and throwing away our best players for nothing and see ours do great Anyone recommend anti depressant ?
AlonzoGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:22 AM   #1887
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoGOAT
Anyone recommend anti depressant ?

Stop being a Marlins fan.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:24 AM   #1888
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

With Hamels coming off the market, Greinke is about to become a VERY rich man if he goes to free agency. It also kills the tiny hope I had for the Jays to go after him. There's no chance of that now.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:34 AM   #1889
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
With Hamels coming off the market, Greinke is about to become a VERY rich man if he goes to free agency. It also kills the tiny hope I had for the Jays to go after him. There's no chance of that now.
I'm not quite so sure. They yankees and red sox aren't interested, I don't see how or why the phillies or angels would be interested. That really only leaves the dodgers and rangers and I just don't see the rangers giving him huge money
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #1890
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm going to Marlins Park in September when the Reds are there. Something tells me that I'll have my pick of seats, and plenty of legroom to stretch out.

What a horribly ran organization. I'm not a huge fan of Hanley Ramirez and think he's a bit of a prima donna, but it's amazing that the Marlins are already in firesale mode one year into their ballpark. You only have ONE chance to make a first impression, and they blew it big time.

New park, new uniforms, etc, but it's basically like putting perfume on a pig.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: