Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #181
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Is Ozzie Guillen gonna survive his Castro comments?
Today? Yes. Longterm. NOPE. That team doesn't have great attendance of buzz, is basically relying on a lot of corporate sponsorship. Plus they got a lot of local money for the stadium, and the main movers and shakers in Miami are cubans, or other hispanics very sensitive to the local community.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #182
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He only got 5 games.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #183
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
He only got 5 games.
So far from the team. If he's fired it's because of sponsorship pressure, etc. which will come later.

He's full of shit btw. He blamed Time magazine, basically saying they misrepresented his answer. The question was "who do you admire" and he started talking about Fidel Castro. How does that occur accidentally? How is that translated into a way that is ok?
Old 04-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #184
niko
I Run NY.

Schilling "I don't want to read too much into one start but he's only a five inning pitcher". "I didn't see any of the game but i didn't like how he pitched". Dumbass.

Last edited by niko : 04-10-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #185
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Schilling "I don't want to read too much into one start but he's only a five inning pitcher". "I didn't see any of the game but i didn't like how he pitched". Dumbass.

?

is that about Yu?
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #186
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
?

is that about Yu?
Yeah. He went off for five minutes. Kept saying "i didn't see him pitch and i don't want to make judgments on 1 start BUT he's horrible and will be a total failure". Kept saying Matsuzka, there are not similar in approach or personality at all.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #187
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So the Marlins fire Joe Girardi after he wins manager of the year, because he does not see eye to eye with the team, but Ozzie Guillen offends the entire city and keeps his job?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #188
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Yeah. He went off for five minutes. Kept saying "i didn't see him pitch and i don't want to make judgments on 1 start BUT he's horrible and will be a total failure". Kept saying Matsuzka, there are not similar in approach or personality at all.

how can you grade a player you have never seen play?
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #189
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:

how can you grade a player you have never seen play?
He said "i didn't like how he pitched at all. Now, i didn't really see any of it but" and went on.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #190
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Except he didn't offend the entire city, everyone has been pretty split on the issue. It was just a terrible attempt at some sort of joke that the media decided to run away with and get people riled up. I seriously doubt this is going to be much of an issue as the season goes on, he definitely will not be fired over it.

Sucks though, the team has started to put things together and now Ozzie has to sit out for a week.

On another note, Buehrle blamed his bad inning in his first start on slicing his thumb on his pitching hand by opening a jar of mayonnaise.

Last edited by sunsfan1357 : 04-10-2012 at 12:31 PM.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #191
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
They weren't booing. They were yelling out Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

They do the same thing with Nellie Cruz.

Also, the dude got a massive ovation when he was finally taken out of the game.

Just saw that the kid in the gif is the same one in this gif

sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #192
TOUCH MY BODY
Local High School Star

TOUCH MY BODY has decent reputationTOUCH MY BODY has decent reputation

That kid rocks lol
TOUCH MY BODY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #193
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Been nice to see rookie Austin Jackson and not sophomore Austin Jackson to start this season.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #194
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Been nice to see rookie Austin Jackson and not sophomore Austin Jackson to start this season.

He's been KILLING the Rays today.

Maddon left Moore in there one batter too long and it cost em big time.

Competitive game, though. It'll be one of those games that comes down to which team makes the bigger mistake.

Go Rays!
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #195
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Reds sign Brandon Phillips to six-year contract extention

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/77...ct-sources-say

Absolutely shocked. Perhaps a year or so too long, but I LOVE the commitment shown by the front office. They are DESPERATE to bring a winner to Cincinnati. The core of Bruce/Votto/Phillips will now be around for a LONG time, and it's up to the fans to respond. 16k in the stands last night for a game against a division rival is NOT good enough.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: