Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-30-2012, 10:22 PM   #1966
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

Kendrys Morales just hit a two run homer on one side of the plate, then later in the same inning hit a grand slam on the other side of the plate.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #1967
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It looks like the Cubs have traded both Reed Johnson and Geovany Soto in two separate trades to two unknown teams.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #1968
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Geovany Soto has been traded to the Rangers, it's not known who the Cubs get back. (via Tim Brown on twitter)

No word yet on where Reed Johnson was traded to.

edit: Rangers send Pitcher Jacob Brigham to Cubs for Soto.

link

Last edited by irondarts : 07-30-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:51 PM   #1969
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Looks like the Reds 10 game winning streak is coming to an end. Down 6 in the 9th. Thought they might make it a couple more games since they were back home. Great run without the MVP in their roster the whole time.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:53 PM   #1970
irondarts

According to Jon Morosi on twitter - Reed Johnson and Paul Maholm have been traded to the Braves.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:08 PM   #1971
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
Looks like the Reds 10 game winning streak is coming to an end. Down 6 in the 9th. Thought they might make it a couple more games since they were back home. Great run without the MVP in their roster the whole time.

Hell of a run, and fun while it lasted.

It's gonna be a fun weekend when Pittsburgh comes into town. I'm in Ohio for the week, and will be at 2 of the games. It has been at least 2 decades since the Reds and Pirates played meaningful ball against one another.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:11 PM   #1972
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was at Turner Field this past Friday for the first time. It's a really nice stadium with a ton going on, and a ton to do, but it felt like it was missing.....something.

Very surprised at how few Phillies fans were there. I know they are having a tough season, but they usually travel pretty well.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:38 PM   #1973
irondarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
According to Jon Morosi on twitter - Reed Johnson and Paul Maholm have been traded to the Braves.
The Cubs will receive Arodys Vizcaino and Jaye Chapman from the Braves for Maholm and Johnson.

Vizcaino is very good.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:41 PM   #1974
irondarts

Braves getting a really underrated SP in Maholm, always liked him when he was with the Pirates and was kind of bummed when they didn't re-sign him in off season, although he never really lived up to being the 8th overall pick. But he's 5-0 with a 1.00 ERA in his last 7 starts and is very consistent.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:46 PM   #1975
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I was at Turner Field this past Friday for the first time. It's a really nice stadium with a ton going on, and a ton to do, but it felt like it was missing.....something.

Very surprised at how few Phillies fans were there. I know they are having a tough season, but they usually travel pretty well.
surprised about the number of phillie fans? that attendance is pitiful down there. atlanta is in the playoff race and you could hear a pin drop in their stadium.
Styles p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:12 AM   #1976
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
The Cubs will receive Arodys Vizcaino and Jaye Chapman from the Braves for Maholm and Johnson.

Vizcaino is very good.

I'm going back-and-forth on how I feel. I kind of don't like it because I feel like Viz is too much to give up or two possible two month rentals. We needed an arm and 4th OFer in a bad way, though. Still, not sure it was worth Vizcaino. I'm sure I'll get over it if Maholm keeps pitching like this. Just hope Viz doesn't reach his full potential and this trade comes back to bite us in the ass in 3-5 years.

Last edited by KG215 : 07-31-2012 at 12:20 AM.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:15 AM   #1977
irondarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
I'm going back-and-forth on how I feel. I kind of don't like it because I feel like Viz is too much to give up or two possible two month rentals. We needed an arm and 4th OFer in a bad way, though.
Yeah, Viz is really good, even though he's out for the year with TJ surgery, he was the 40th best prospect in baseball according to BA, he's a potential closer. OTOH, Maholm is very good and will definitely help you guys, plus the Braves can exercise his option for next year for a reasonable price.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:22 AM   #1978
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
The Braves get their first win of the year on a Monday. Were previously 0-12.

Did not know that.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:28 AM   #1979
KG215

Quote:
Yeah, Viz is really good, even though he's out for the year with TJ surgery, he was the 40th best prospect in baseball according to BA, he's a potential closer. OTOH, Maholm is very good and will definitely help you guys, plus the Braves can exercise his option for next year for a reasonable price.

Yeah, with Minor, Beachy, Teheran, Hanson, and Delgado we were grooming Viz to be a reliever. With Kimbrel he wasn't going to be our closer, so he was really the odd man out in Atlanta. He does have the type of stuff to be a very good closer already, but he also has ace/great #2 potential, too. I believe Keith Law had him in his preseason top 15 prospects. We'll just have to see how he recovers from this injury or if it sets him back. I guess, though (after the injury), if I had to pick from the Teheran/Delgado/Beachy/Minor/Viz group, I'd lean towards giving up Viz. I knew we had too many arms would eventually have to part ways with one or two of them, but I think some Braves fans are bitching because they wanted a bigger name than Maholm. I'm just indifferent about how I feel right now.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:33 AM   #1980
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Congrats on Pittsburgh Pirates on acquiring a monster! Travis Snider for Brad Lincoln.

Easily my favourite current Jays player, has been for a while, they screwed up his development. But he still has unbelievable potential. Can be a middle of the order type batter...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: