Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #2116
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Just got back from cincinnati, where I went to the weekend Reds-Pirates series. What an amazing first 2 nights. I had never seen Aroldis Chapman pitch live, so that was a great experience. It just felt so good to be back in that place, and the atmosphere was off the chains.

Too bad that the momentum from those first 2 nights is now lost, as we are basically back to where we started in the NL Central, in terms of our lead over the Pirates.

Do you know why the Reds seemed to be throwing at our hitters the whole series? I don't recall there being any bad blood between the two teams before this game.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #2117
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Do you know why the Reds seemed to be throwing at our hitters the whole series? I don't recall there being any bad blood between the two teams before this game.

I can see where people get the impression that Chapman was trying to send a message to McCutchen Friday night. If I was in your shoes, I probably wouldn't have liked it either, but lets be honest, this series has been completely meaningless for the past 20 years, so I think it's cool that we have a little Cincinnati/Pittsburgh bad blood in baseball, for once.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #2118
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I can see where people get the impression that Chapman was trying to send a message to McCutchen Friday night. If I was in your shoes, I probably wouldn't have liked it either, but lets be honest, this series has been completely meaningless for the past 20 years, so I think it's cool that we have a little Cincinnati/Pittsburgh bad blood in baseball, for once.

It wasn't just the Cutch one tho, they hit like 4 or 5 batters in 3 games. I'm def hoping Votto takes one between the shoulders as retaliation tho next time around lol.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #2119
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
It wasn't just the Cutch one tho, they hit like 4 or 5 batters in 3 games. I'm def hoping Votto takes one between the shoulders as retaliation tho next time around lol.

Yeah, I do recall the other hit batters. I like it. It's baseball, and I fully expect retaliation next time we play you guys.

I used to go to a lot of Reds/Pirates games in both cities, and usually, it was just 2 teams going through the motions. Glad to get some of the old rivalry back.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #2120
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

Tony Gwynn Jr. designated for assignment by Dodgers

I don't get it. If the Dodgers wanted the spot to promote Sands, they should have released Rivera. The redundancy of Rivera and Sands is obviously the way to build a strong bench. Stupid move, especially for an NL club. There's plenty of useless shit on the roster to get rid of before Gwynn.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #2121
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Yeah, I do recall the other hit batters. I like it. It's baseball, and I fully expect retaliation next time we play you guys.

I used to go to a lot of Reds/Pirates games in both cities, and usually, it was just 2 teams going through the motions. Glad to get some of the old rivalry back.

Yeah, I wouldn't really be mad at all if we had retaliated. I like the rivalry and intensity it creates but not when its one sided. I vote we bring up Cole or Taillon for one game just so they can hit Votto with a 100 mph fastball as payback.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #2122
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

Quote:
After the whole thing was over, and Tracy had been sent packing, Scully drolly noted "We have all this technology and they don't use it because they say it would delay the game. Well, what was that we just saw?"

Vin Scully’s Bowdlerized Translation Of Jim Tracy’s Meltdown Tonight Is One Of Broadcasting’s Great Moments
Old 08-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #2123
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Victorino and Pence a combined 9-55 with 0 HR, 2 runs, and 5 RBI since the trades
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #2124
intrinsic
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Victorino and Pence a combined 9-55 with 0 HR, 2 runs, and 5 RBI since the trades
The Victorino trade might be the motivation behind RAJ's arrgoant decision to hold on to Cliff Lee. If the Dodgers were dumb enough to take on all of Victorino's money AND send another positive asset to Philadelphia, they would probably take on all that Lee money and kick a few pieces back the Phillies way. He's probably waiting for LA to whiff on Greinke, so he can rip Ned off in another desperate move.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #2125
intrinsic
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I can't remember the last time a single team has had the amount of injuries at one time as the Blue Jays have right now.

They are playing without their everyday RF (Bautista), 3B (Lawrie), CF (Rasmus) and C (Arencibia). I guess Lind (DH/1B) is injured too but he's terrible so I don't name him with the other guys.

Morrow, Hutchison and Drabek (he was garbage anyways though) are out of the starting rotation.

Santos, Frasor and Perez are out of the bullpen. That's 3 of the top 5 relievers on the team.

What a crap season.

Too bad Romero can't injure himself and go away. What a waste of a year.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #2126
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rangers are in really good shape now, not nervous anymore about the Angels or As passing...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #2127
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The umps in Boston were absolutely terrible at telling what is of isn't a hr. middlebrooks hr last night was clearly fan interference and Nelson Cruz hit a hr today that was fair by several feet that was called foul
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:38 PM   #2128
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

haha i was watching that with my dad the other night and we were dying when it happened. i laughed so hard when vinny busted out the "no bloody way!"

greatest broadcaster ever
Quizno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:52 PM   #2129
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

AlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
I've been having some laptop issues so I haven't checked in as much. Just a couple thoughts:

Weaver is ridiculous. The A's are in a pretty tough stretch right now losing 2/3 to the Rays, splitting a four game set with Toronto, and now battling the Angels with the rotation they're throwing out there now. It isn't a great hitting team by any means, but they have to find a way to win against teams like Anaheim that are clearly more talented.

Reyes is on a 24 game hitting streak, a small bright spot to an otherwise shitty season for the Marlins. He's been hitting in the 3-spot too producing great numbers after a disappointing performance during the season up to the start of this streak. I wonder how he feels with the team making the moves it did knowing he has plenty of years left on his deal and it's possible that it takes another year or two to be competitive.

Giancarlo should be back for Tuesdays game

Apparently on The Franchise, Hanley said something along the lines of, ""I hit .340 one year, so I guess these people expected me to hit .350 the next year, then .360 and .370." It's like he isn't taking responsibility for becoming such a bad player hovering around .240 the whole year.
Reyes extends his hit streak with a homer in the first/ Stanton has 5 rbis in 2 games since his return and today had a 2 Homeruns/Double/Single he's back we are not worthy We slaughter the mets 13-0
AlonzoGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #2130
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Orioles are calling up Manny Machado, he will make his debut tomorrow night against the Royals. Holy f.

link

Last edited by irondarts : 08-08-2012 at 11:34 PM.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: