Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #226
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

So Minnesota is the last winless team. Probably going to stay that way as they are going up against Weaver today.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #227
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
That would be a ripoff. McCutchen right now is likely already better than Andrus will ever be and they just signed him to a great contract. I doubt the Pirates would have to think long to decline that kind of a deal. Andrus is good too but McCutchen is just that good.
It's not a terrible package, but if I were the Pirates, it would have to be Andrus, Martin Perez and Neil Ramirez. But even so, there's no way in hell the Bucs are trading him, and it would have to be a huge package for him.

There's no way in hell they're trading him.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #228
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Rays Pitcher Jeremy Hellickson has been taken to the hospital after being hit in the head with a ball hit in batting practice this morning.

Hopefully nothing serious.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #229
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wouldn't even want Andrus from Texas. A deal for a young and affordable star like McCutchen should start with Profar.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #230
irondarts

Quote:
I wouldn't even want Andrus from Texas. A deal for a young and affordable star like McCutchen should start with Profar.
You're right, if the Pirates even thought of dealing McCutchen, they'd probably ask for:

Profar, Martin Perez, Neil Ramirez and another prospect, maybe Mike Olt so they could move Pedro to 1B and have Olt at 3B.

Which the Rangers would probably decline.

Either way, McCutchen ain't going nowhere.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #231
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Where do you guys get info on minor league rankings and prospect updates?
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #232
irondarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Where do you guys get info on minor league rankings and prospect updates?
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/

But you have to be a member to get all of the access, 4.99 a month. Best baseball website out there. For specific prospect stuff look at Kevin Goldsteins stuff - he does a daily article on the top performances by prospects each day, plus he does each organizations top 11 prospects each year with a bunch of analysis on each one.

http://www.fangraphs.com/

Fangraphs also has some stuff on prospects and it's free.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #233
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
A couple of potentially great pitching matchups today with

JJ vs. Halladay
Santana vs. Strasburg

Shields vs Verlander

Like I said yesterday, I bet Verlander throws a CG 1-hitter.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #234
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Rays Pitcher Jeremy Hellickson has been taken to the hospital after being hit in the head with a ball hit in batting practice this morning.

Hopefully nothing serious.

So stupid. I'm tired of my favorite teams being littered with injuries.

Maddon said he went to the hospital for precautionary reasons though, so hopefully nothing serious.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #235
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/

But you have to be a member to get all of the access, 4.99 a month. Best baseball website out there. For specific prospect stuff look at Kevin Goldsteins stuff - he does a daily article on the top performances by prospects each day, plus he does each organizations top 11 prospects each year with a bunch of analysis on each one.

http://www.fangraphs.com/

Fangraphs also has some stuff on prospects and it's free.

Quote:
Shields vs Verlander

Like I said yesterday, I bet Verlander throws a CG 1-hitter.

Somehow I skipped over that when looking at the matchups today. With the way the Tigers are hitting, though, Shields might have a long day. The Rays haven't been to shabby on the season either though in terms of making contact and getting on base.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #236
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That didn't take long. Jackson, Miggy, 1-0.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #237
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
That would be a ripoff. McCutchen right now is likely already better than Andrus will ever be and they just signed him to a great contract. I doubt the Pirates would have to think long to decline that kind of a deal. Andrus is good too but McCutchen is just that good.
You realize Elvis was a 4.5 win ss as a 22 year old last year right? I could be misreading but it sounds like you are insinuating mccutcheon has more improving to do than andrus and I disagree.

Also you call that a rip off then mention profar, olt Perez and ramirez for mccutcheon? Now thats a rip off.

Edit-just saw that wasn't you who posted the other offer. Iron I'd add olt to the original offer but that would be my max offer and honestly I know that trade isn't happening just curious how you'd feel about it

Last edited by raiderfan19 : 04-11-2012 at 01:44 PM.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #238
irondarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
You realize Elvis was a 4.5 win ss as a 22 year old last year right? I could be misreading but it sounds like you are insinuating mccutcheon has more improving to do than andrus and I disagree.

Also you call that a rip off then mention profar, olt Perez and ramirez for mccutcheon? Now thats a rip off.

Edit-just saw that wasn't you who posted the other offer. Iron I'd add olt to the original offer but that would be my max offer and honestly I know that trade isn't happening just curious how you'd feel about it
Yeah that is a rip off from the Rangers POV, but I feel like that's what the Pirates would ask.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #239
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Most Andrus' value is defense and while I'm a big believer in WAR and other metrics, the offense aspect to it far more obvious and tangible than defense. Given an equal WAR (which McCutchen had better anyways), I'll trust the better hitter more. Also, contracts. McCutchen is now signed to an awesome deal where you don't get that long-term guarantee with Andrus at the moment.

If I was the Pirates, I'd want Profar and one of the pitchers if they felt like they could not build a winner in McCutcheon's prime.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #240
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Fawk he gave up a hit.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: