Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-24-2012, 08:09 PM   #2401
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

Quote:
Tom ‏@Haudricourt

Dodgers are picking up more money in trade than #Brewers franchise sold for in 2005

irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #2402
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Oh, ha sorry.

Rubby De La Rosa - Is a pitcher who can throw 100 MPH and can start, but is coming off of TJ surgery, De Jesus is a 25 year old former 2nd round pick who plays SS and 2B, Sands is a 1b/Of who can hit, Allen Webster is a legit top 100 prospect in baseball, he's a starting pitcher.
Odds are against Rubby starting. Linc and Cueto(barely) make 30 starts a year with that frame. His fb will still play as a reliever, and he's almost certainly going to be useful in that capacity.
Webster, whatever. The Dodgers have good depth with rhp, and they keep Gould and Lee out of this. While I like the other two better, Ned is just pissing away value including him out of desperation.
DeJesus looks like a waste, coasting on a 5 year old reputation. His defense sucks and his bat was garbage for the Dodgers and just okay in the PCL. Not even worth a bench spot until he can figure out the glove as a middle infielder.
I'm not sure what to think about Sands. Boston could really clean up with him. Power from the right side is hard to find, and costs a ton. If he sucks oh well, Beckett is ****ing up someone else's clubhouse now. Boston still wins.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:12 PM   #2403
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

kyle kendrick with 21 straight scoreless innings.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #2404
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

this makes me wonder how deep this new ownerships' pockets really are
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:38 PM   #2405
code green
Boston Tank Party

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

Ellsbury was pretty much a lock to be let go this offseason. Wonder if this changes anything.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:20 PM   #2406
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 is popular on this boardballinhun8 is popular on this boardballinhun8 is popular on this boardballinhun8 is popular on this boardballinhun8 is popular on this board

Crazy ending to Mariners/ChiSox game but we came away with the W. Although our bullpen scares the hell outta me for a playoff run. Reed is solid but guys like Humber, Thornton, Crain, and even Myers sometimes, they scare me when they go out.

Blowing a 5 run lead in the 9th is not a comfortable feeling.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:37 PM   #2407
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by code green
Ellsbury was pretty much a lock to be let go this offseason. Wonder if this changes anything.

Seems to me he'd be the one to build around.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:35 AM   #2408
LiLharvard
I see GREEN people..

LiLharvard has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
Crazy ending to Mariners/ChiSox game but we came away with the W. Although our bullpen scares the hell outta me for a playoff run. Reed is solid but guys like Humber, Thornton, Crain, and even Myers sometimes, they scare me when they go out.

Blowing a 5 run lead in the 9th is not a comfortable feeling.

I had $100 on the sox. Thought the game was over and I was checking to get my payout and it wasnt processing so I checked the score and it was 8-7 bottom of the 9th with 2 on no outs! Thank god I didn't have to sit through that 6run inning or even the start of the sox inning. I knew Youk would come through and do I need to say anymore about Captain Konerko
LiLharvard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #2409
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Seems to me he'd be the one to build around.

Why? Their big additions to next year's team are looking like Bard, Lavarnaway and maybe Marrero (even though he hasn't played above A ball). It's probably going to take somewhere between Reyes and Crawford money to extend him. I'd deal Ells in the winter, and reevaluate the team in another 1-2 years once I have a clearer picture of the sox propsects in the low minors.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:03 PM   #2410
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrinsic
Why? Their big additions to next year's team are looking like Bard, Lavarnaway and maybe Marrero (even though he hasn't played above A ball). It's probably going to take somewhere between Reyes and Crawford money to extend him. I'd deal Ells in the winter, and reevaluate the team in another 1-2 years once I have a clearer picture of the sox propsects in the low minors.

Damn he's way older than I thought. I thought he was like 25 lol. Still depends what you can get for him I'd say.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #2411
intrinsic
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Damn he's way older than I thought. I thought he was like 25 lol. Still depends what you can get for him I'd say.
Don't forget about the money. If The RedSox chose to spend that 18-20 million in free agency, they could get a SP(Kuroda or Edwin), reliever and 4th OF on one or two year deals.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #2412
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well, the trade is now official.

Dodgers get:

Adrian Gonzalez
Josh Beckett
Carl Crawford
Nick Punto

Red Sox get:

James Loney
Allen Webster
Jerry Sands
Rubby De La Rosa
Ivan De Jesus

This is such a gigantic trade, probably the biggest blockbuster I can remember, crazy that it happened past the non waiver deadline. I applaud Ben Cherington, as he just shed shit loads of money and can now take the Red Sox in a different direction. Giving up A Gone hurts but when you consider they got rid of Crawfords and Beckett's deals then it's a very good deal for the Red Sox.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #2413
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Apparently they only have 43 million on the books for next season. Hopefully they don't forget that they are the Boston Red Sox, but at the same time don't give a player 2x what he is worth. Lackey, Crawford, etc.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #2414
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It would be funny if the Red Sox stupidly offered Josh Hamilton a huge contract right after doing such a nice job of clearing up room.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #2415
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

I cant believe that the Sox found a taker for Beckett and one willing to take on his full salary...
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: