Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #2686
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

...and then the Astros scored 3 runs in the next inning to win.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:00 PM   #2687
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno

leads us with a 4 man rotation of josh beckett, chris capuano, aaron harang and joe blanton. things look badddd

Did you purposely leave Sunday's game blowing asshole, John Ely off your list?

I wonder when Kemp shuts it down to protect his .300 average, uh, I mean to protect his injured shoulder. He strikes me as that type of player.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #2688
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
man, now kershaw might be out for the season. we already lost billingsley who's had won 7 straight starts and has had an ERA in the 1's since getting back from the all star break, and ted lilly who looked great earlier this season. both gone for the season and now probably kersh

leads us with a 4 man rotation of josh beckett, chris capuano, aaron harang and joe blanton. things look badddd

Well hey, if you get the second WC spot and have to play the Braves, you should be fine. Just start Chris Capuano and he'll have a line of 8 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 8 K, 1 BB or something similar. That asshole always looks like a five time Cy Young winner against the Braves.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #2689
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Yunel Escobar sending positive messages on his eye black...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/james_i...1156/lightbox/
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #2690
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So I went to Marlins Park over the weekend for the Reds series. What a bizzare, but specatcular stadium. Looks like a spaceship from the outside, a stark contrast to the working class neighborhood around it. The inside screams "Miami!" Got to see the home run sculpture fire off. Very....interesting, to say the least. had a great time, though, and half the crowd was Reds fans.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #2691
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputation

ChiSox with a clutch win over the Tigers.

We left way way way Tio many runners on base though. I believe we had the bases loaded three times and managed only two runs off of it and one of those runs was due to an error.

Got to win these gimme games against KC tho. The sweep in Minny was a very positive sign for this team and unlike the Tigers, we beat the teams we are supposed to beat.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:03 PM   #2692
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Yunel Escobar sending positive messages on his eye black...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/james_i...1156/lightbox/
Ugh I hope that's not real (but I'm sure it is).

I like Escobar and would prefer he not get suspended for any extended period of time. At least not going into next season. Oh yea and the message he's sending is wrong and all that blah blah blah. But really, don't do stupid shit to get yourself suspended.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #2693
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The fact that the Braves are gonna finish 6 games up on the next closest team and then have to play a single game to determine their fate is f*cking bullshit. This format is a complete joke and a slap in the face to a 162 game schedule, the point of which is that the BEST teams for an entire season get into the playoffs, not teams who just put together a good 40-50 game stretch. Hopefully enough teams will get tired of being bent over by it and they will change it back, because right now it's a complete embarrassment.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #2694
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
The fact that the Braves are gonna finish 6 games up on the next closest team and then have to play a single game to determine their fate is f*cking bullshit. This format is a complete joke and a slap in the face to a 162 game schedule, the point of which is that the BEST teams for an entire season get into the playoffs, not teams who just put together a good 40-50 game stretch. Hopefully enough teams will get tired of being bent over by it and they will change it back, because right now it's a complete embarrassment.
Even as a Jays fan, who this probably will help big, I agree. It's just going to lead to more weak (relatively) teams winning it all.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #2695
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Even as a Jays fan, who this probably will help big, I agree. It's just going to lead to more weak (relatively) teams winning it all.
Yeah, there's that aspect of it, too, but that's not the part I really mind. It's just the concept of the 162-game season is totally nullified by saying "OK you were 6 games better than this team but now you have a one-game playoff to see who moves on." That's completely absurd and I'm really hoping for enough backlash to get it back to the way it was.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #2696
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

The thing I hate most about the new playoff format is it favors the wildcard, especially the wildcard with home field in the one game playoff. Let's say the Braves beat the Cards in the 1 game playoff; they win that game at home and then start the NLDS with 2 home games. That's 3 consecutive home games, plus all the opportunity in the world to steal all the momentum in games 1 and 2. Win both home games and you'll advance as long as you don't get swept on the road in games 3-5.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #2697
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Ugh I hope that's not real (but I'm sure it is).

I like Escobar and would prefer he not get suspended for any extended period of time. At least not going into next season. Oh yea and the message he's sending is wrong and all that blah blah blah. But really, don't do stupid shit to get yourself suspended.

Delmon Young didn't get suspended even though he was arrested for anti-semitic remarks earlier this year, so I wonder if Yunel will get suspended.

The Jays will likely sit him down though, and maybe force some PSA work with You Can Play. They should, anyway.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:18 PM   #2698
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrinsic
Did you purposely leave Sunday's game blowing asshole, John Ely off your list?

I wonder when Kemp shuts it down to protect his .300 average, uh, I mean to protect his injured shoulder. He strikes me as that type of player.
well john ely's been coming out of the 'pen lately and i guess he'll stay there, even though he shouldn't be sniffing the major leagues with his stuff.

and i don't think kemp will shut it down, but honestly, he SHOULD shut it down, he's been straight garbage. i don't know what's going on with him. i doubt the injury has anything to do with it at this point but he really needs to turn it around, it's getting embarrassing and him being in the lineup is hurting the team
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #2699
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Delmon Young didn't get suspended even though he was arrested for anti-semitic remarks earlier this year, so I wonder if Yunel will get suspended.

The Jays will likely sit him down though, and maybe force some PSA work with You Can Play. They should, anyway.

Well he did sit Sunday I think...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:06 PM   #2700
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen

I agree, and I'm not just saying this because my team is involved. I thought it was a joke at the time, and now that it's happening, it's becoming an even bigger joke. If anything, do what the NBA used to do, and have best-of-three Wildcard series while the other teams get a week long bye or something. Start the series on a Monday, play game two on Wednesday, and game three (if need be) on Friday. Give them two days off, and start the divisional rounds on Monday.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: