Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-30-2012, 09:01 AM   #16
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

He has great plate discipline, can hit to all fields, and can perform situational-type hitting. Some sluggers go up there looking to drive the ball out of the field, whereas Votto is fully capable of lacing a timely single.

Trying to enjoy it while it lasts, as I don't think his time in Cincinnati will last much longer.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:03 AM   #17
burnsy87
Local High School Star

burnsy87 is considered somewhat coolburnsy87 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
He has great plate discipline, can hit to all fields, and can perform situational-type hitting. Some sluggers go up there looking to drive the ball out of the field, whereas Votto is fully capable of lacing a timely single.

Trying to enjoy it while it lasts, as I don't think his time in Cincinnati will last much longer.

Doubtful, but Cincinnati isn't a bottom feeder and they are playing in a suddenly worthless NL central. It won't be the case of a great player leaving to go to a team that can win, because he can do it in Cincy.

They should be able to make a solid run at the division this year.
burnsy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:47 AM   #18
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

anyone buy baseball cards anymore?

thinkin of buyin a couple packs but dunno which ones are the best ones to buy
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #19
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker

Bowman Chrome.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #20
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://cdn.mediatakeout.com/55080/wh...ast-coast.html
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #21
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
i'd laugh at him (Reyes) except the fact he's our best player and went to a team historically that has no money.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #22
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

...but I thought Hanley was super bitter about Jose being on the team! This has me excited for two reasons:

1) It fits with the teams color scheme
2) Last time Hanley did this (August 2010 until the end of the season) he went nuts and put up a .370/.440/.605 line. I remember him playing out of his mind at the time, but had to find the stats somewhere. Obviously its all due to the hair.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #23
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Sadly, I think the baseball card era and come and gone. It's something that's mainly popular with an older crowd, and that interest will die with them. I work with kids and NEVER hear any of them talk about baseball cards, sadly.

I can't imagine many of the card companies even make a profit. They lost me when when they not only charged more per pack, but included fewer cards.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #24
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

yea I just have to urge to relive the thrill of opening card packs when I was little

a booster pack box of the base set pokemon cards, the original ones, costs over 500 dollars on ebay these days

man I wish I stocked up on those way back when
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #25
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

161-1

I'm calling it.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #26
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
yea I just have to urge to relive the thrill of opening card packs when I was little

a booster pack box of the base set pokemon cards, the original ones, costs over 500 dollars on ebay these days

man I wish I stocked up on those way back when
I'd get a few packs of Bowman Chrome, you can pull pretty rare/expensive cards of prospects fairly easily.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #27
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Sadly, I think the baseball card era and come and gone. It's something that's mainly popular with an older crowd, and that interest will die with them. I work with kids and NEVER hear any of them talk about baseball cards, sadly.

I can't imagine many of the card companies even make a profit. They lost me when when they not only charged more per pack, but included fewer cards.

My dad was a huge collector, even up through my early teen years before he stated to sell most of his stuff which was about 15 years ago. His interest rubbed off on me as a kid (in the 90s). I grew up next door to another guy about my age and we both had a couple of those sports card specific leather three ring binders where you put the sheets that had spots for either 9 or 12 (can't remember if it was 3 or 4 per row) cards. My dad usually made sure I didn't have any cards that were too valuable in any of mine. Baseball was our favorite. We'd spend a few hours in the yard playing home-run derby or playing a made-up simulated-style game where we were each the starting pitcher for our team, and then go inside for a few hours trading and playing made-up games with our baseball cards.

But yeah, sports card collecting in general has gone by the wayside and it did so a while back. I've had a few spells of nostalgia where I'd be somewhere and they'd have a few different boxes of packs of cards and I'd buy a few but it just doesn't have the same feel to it as it use to.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #28
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pineda's start tonight:

2.2 IP, 7 H, 6 ER, 3 BB, 2K.

Makes me warm inside.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #29
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Pineda's start tonight:

2.2 IP, 7 H, 6 ER, 3 BB, 2K.

Makes me warm inside.

He's going to AAA.

What an awful trade.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #30
irondarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
He's going to AAA.

What an awful trade.
As much as I liked this trade for the Yankees when it went down, I've gotta say, Pineda is not looking good this spring at all. His velocity has diminished to the high 80's/low 90's and he's out of shape and his mechanics are totally messed up. Hopefully he can regain his stuff. Still too early to call it a bad trade in my opinion, though.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: