Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #3016
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation
Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

I wonder if Bochy is going to have Kontos on the postseason roster. His ERA looked good this year, but that damned guy allowed just about every inherited runner to score.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #3017
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

I said all along Oakland is a very dangerous team. No one believed me.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #3018
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
okay, well...moving on to this whole 1 game playoff thing sigh

play 162 games then play 1 game playoff...wtf
thats the only reason yankees and O's are still playing it out till the end. they don't wanna be the team that has to put 162 games all into 1 basket. i prefer it over their usual who gives a crap who wins the division, we're both making the playoffs attitude.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #3019
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.
I said all along Oakland is a very dangerous team. No one believed me.
Were you saying that during their miserable start to the year that included a 9 game losing streak? If so then I must give you props

I don't think anyone could've seen them being this good, but it has been a special season. From being there live in the first month of the season against the Royals to seeing the stadium packed now its definitely been a crazy ride.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #3020
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Were you saying that during their miserable start to the year that included a 9 game losing streak? If so then I must give you props

I don't think anyone could've seen them being this good, but it has been a special season. From being there live in the first month of the season against the Royals to seeing the stadium packed now its definitely been a crazy ride.

Even then, I said they just needed the bats to come out and be consistent. They have plenty of talent pitching wise.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #3021
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
losing a series 1-2 is getting punked now???

Got smashed pretty good except the 9th inning of the 3rd game.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:33 AM   #3022
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Tough loss, congrats As. We need yu to come up big friday
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:02 AM   #3023
ForeverHeat
Banned

ForeverHeat is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Freakin Rangers man....Im suprised they aint dead from all the choking they do. Our window is not going to be open forever, we already wasted 2 very good opportunities to win the title, and this year is another good opportunity. Stop ****ing it up you tards
ForeverHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #3024
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

Orioles talking about Steve Johnson or Joe Saunders. Good luck.

The NL is a coin flip, but I think I like the Braves.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #3025
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

One game and playoff series are basically coin flips though. The clearly "better" team has maybe what? A 60-40 advantage?

So while I don't think the Orioles are too talented relative to other AL teams, they've executed this year and that's all that mattered in the end. You can't be too surprised if they or the Cards take this game or even a series.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #3026
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #3027
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Red Sox officially fire Bobby Valentine.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #3028
intrinsic
Local High School Star

With more games played, the gap in talent would be more visible. Different sport, but it's the same idea as those Fratello Cavs grinding the shot clock down under 5 to limit the number of possessions. I get that.

Still I'd be lying if I said, it wouldn't surprise me(even a little) if Baltimore beats Darvish tomorrow.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #3029
D.J.
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrinsic

Orioles talking about Steve Johnson or Joe Saunders. Good luck.

The NL is a coin flip, but I think I like the Braves.

They're both basically coin flips. Anything can happen in 1 game.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #3030
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic

Given the standard they have set over the years, this particular t-shirt probably isn't much of a seller.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: