Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-06-2012, 12:25 AM   #3106
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
We won 94 f***ing games. Your team won the worst division in baseball with 88 wins. Congratulations.

Didn't think about that with the Rangers and Orioles. Forgot they both finished with identical records.

Cray me a river. You can thank last year for your collapse not being historic.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:25 AM   #3107
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
You know what would put more emphasis on winning the division? Get rid of the wild card entirely. Would have made much more sense.

In the end, they want to make money. These games made the league extra money.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:26 AM   #3108
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
You know what would put more emphasis on winning the division? Get rid of the wild card entirely. Would have made much more sense.
I agree. But unfortunately it's all about the money. More teams in the race at the end = more money for everyone in baseball.

I don't think there is any doubt that Texas is a better overall team than Baltimore but that's baseball when you get it down to just one game. Tough break for Texas and Atlanta fans.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:32 AM   #3109
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Eh this team was driving me nuts. Hopefully this means wash is gone.

Profar is going to be special though. 19 year old comes up and drills a ball when he hadn't swung the bat all day and he could have made the last out of the season? Love it
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:34 AM   #3110
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rangers are 8-12 last 20 games. This is not a team on a tear that got unlucky in one game. They choked the chicken and got what they deserved.

Last edited by DeuceWallaces : 10-06-2012 at 12:46 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:53 AM   #3111
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Rangers are 8-12 last 20 games. This is not a team on a tear that got unlucky in one game. They choked the chicken and got what they deserved.
I actually agree but to be fair Detroit doesn't deserve to be in either
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:54 AM   #3112
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

That's not the point. They won their division. All Rangers had to do was win one game to avoid their fate.

I've seen tigers barely get in and barely lose out. Doesn't bother me. Just stop bitching.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:59 AM   #3113
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Cray me a river. You can thank last year for your collapse not being historic.

Last year was last year. That collapse had absolutely nothing to do with this year. It's easy to sit here and say "you should've won your division" but, like I said, your team wins the worst division in baseball with 88 wins and the team you're calling out wins 94 games.

Oh, and I couldn't care less about barely making or barely missing it. If this was one of those instances where there was a third team in the NL East who had gone something like 95-67 or 96-66, causing the Braves to miss the playoffs, I wouldn't be upset. I'm upset about the one game Wildcard playoff format. In this instance it caused the Braves to have to play a team in a one game playoff that finished six games worse than them. No, I wouldn't be complaining as much if my favorite team wasn't involved, but I still think the format is stupid.

I'll get over this pretty quickly. Our #3 and #5 hitters are in their early 20s, Medlen showed he might be a legit ace, and next year we may be adding Teheran to the rotation. Unfortunately we're still straddled with Uggla and his awful bat and contract, Chipper is retiring and I don't know what we're going to do at 3B, but I still think this is a 90-95 win team next year.

Last edited by KG215 : 10-06-2012 at 01:01 AM.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:00 AM   #3114
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Last year was last year. That collapse had absolutely nothing to do with this year. It's easy to sit here and say "you should've won your division" but, like I said, your team wins the worst division in baseball with 88 wins and the team you're calling out wins 94 games.

Oh, and I couldn't care less about barely making or barely missing it. If this was one of those instances where there was a third team in the NL East who had gone something like 95-67 or 96-66, causing the Braves to miss the playoffs, I wouldn't be upset. I'm upset about the one game Wildcard playoff format. In this instance it caused the Braves to have to play a team in a one game playoff that finished six games worse than them. No, I wouldn't be complaining as much if my favorite team wasn't involved, but I still think the format is stupid.

Win your division. Problem solved.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:09 AM   #3115
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

I'd like to thank the butt hurt Ranger fans for negging me.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:39 AM   #3116
LiLharvard
I see GREEN people..

LiLharvard has an OK reputation so far

Dw d-wally. I got one back for ya.

#tigers
LiLharvard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:47 AM   #3117
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Get ready for some more Oakland.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...akmlb_detmlb_1
Old 10-06-2012, 01:57 AM   #3118
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

As for the playoff format, not at all a fan and I'm a Yankees fan. The old format pre-1994 I was against because 2nd place teams with 95 wins were getting hosed while others were winning their divisions 85-87 wins. I supported the wildcard format because it allowed good teams that were in 2nd place behind elite teams a chance to make the playoffs and not automatically rewarding teams that benefitted from a weak division. A team that wins 95 games and is behind a team that won 100 should not get the short end of the stick while a team wins a weak division with 85 wins.

Regarding the Rangers, I'm sure there's going to be discussion on Ron Washington's future as manager. Can't blame 2010 on him because there was no way they were going to beat the Giants. But after last year's collapse in the World Series and now blowing a 13 game lead, I'd have to imagine his job for next year is not at all a given.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:07 AM   #3119
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.
As for the playoff format, not at all a fan and I'm a Yankees fan. The old format pre-1994 I was against because 2nd place teams with 95 wins were getting hosed while others were winning their divisions 85-87 wins. I supported the wildcard format because it allowed good teams that were in 2nd place behind elite teams a chance to make the playoffs and not automatically rewarding teams that benefitted from a weak division. A team that wins 95 games and is behind a team that won 100 should not get the short end of the stick while a team wins a weak division with 85 wins.

Regarding the Rangers, I'm sure there's going to be discussion on Ron Washington's future as manager. Can't blame 2010 on him because there was no way they were going to beat the Giants. But after last year's collapse in the World Series and now blowing a 13 game lead, I'd have to imagine his job for next year is not at all a given.

Lol, I didn't check NL but what you describe happened like twice from 1979-1994 and one of them lost in an extra game on the last day of the year (87 Jays).
Old 10-06-2012, 04:13 AM   #3120
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is considered somewhat coolTheMan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Win your division. Problem solved.
Says the guy who if you put the Tigers in the East or West, they'd be nowhere near the playoffs.
Tallest midget contest won by Detroit, don't act all smug about it.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: