Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-06-2012, 05:32 AM   #3121
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
Eh this team was driving me nuts. Hopefully this means wash is gone.

Profar is going to be special though. 19 year old comes up and drills a ball when he hadn't swung the bat all day and he could have made the last out of the season? Love it

Wash didn't make your hitters stop hitting over the last quarter of the season. You had decent pitching down the stretch but your hitters couldn't get on base or knock in runs. Wash took you to back to back world series. You don't drop a manager who took you to your first two world series because Hamilton and the others forgot how to make contact with the ball.
IcanzIIravor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:38 AM   #3122
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
Says the guy who if you put the Tigers in the East or West, they'd be nowhere near the playoffs.
Tallest midget contest won by Detroit, don't act all smug about it.

Woulda shoulda coulda tough-guy.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:40 AM   #3123
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Keep negging me you ****ing loser ranger fans. All butt hurt cos your team choked a fat **** the last week of the season.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:28 AM   #3124
LiLharvard
I see GREEN people..

Deuce no one is negging you.

Let's have some class. Texas had their chances (3years) and now it's OVER. Ahahaha

Moving on, Verlander is on the mound tomorrow and im looking forward to seeing them broken hearts in Oakland and bats for that matter. It was only couple of weeks ago when he violated that lineup for 3hours. Noway Oakland is getting a single run Verlander dominates oak bats better than anyone in the league. Hopefully it won't get to ugly because this A's fairy tale has been great for the league and we don't wanna see verlander 14k'em but it could happen and poor ol beane and that rag-tag bunch of rejects we'll be an after thought once again.
LiLharvard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:51 AM   #3125
sunsfan1357
Word.

Any Detroit fans down for a friendly avy bet on the series?

Or not so friendly pending on how the series goes
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:55 AM   #3126
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLharvard
Deuce no one is negging you.

Let's have some class. Texas had their chances (3years) and now it's OVER. Ahahaha

Moving on, Verlander is on the mound tomorrow and im looking forward to seeing them broken hearts in Oakland and bats for that matter. It was only couple of weeks ago when he violated that lineup for 3hours. Noway Oakland is getting a single run Verlander dominates oak bats better than anyone in the league. Hopefully it won't get to ugly because this A's fairy tale has been great for the league and we don't wanna see verlander 14k'em but it could happen and poor ol beane and that rag-tag bunch of rejects we'll be an after thought once again.

Don't count out the A's and our pitching staff as well. We've overcome the odds time and again this season.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:07 AM   #3127
LiLharvard
I see GREEN people..

Three words will be ringing in your ear all day.

"PRINCE-GOES-BOOM
LiLharvard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #3128
MMM
877-954-1893

Parker has been great in Sept and i think he can keep it up, also he isn't really the type to give up the long ball but we'll see how it all plays out tomorrow. The A's are really good at working the count I believe they lead the league in fouling off pitches. So if they can work Verlander's pitch count high i think they can get into the BP and score a few runs. Overall i'm expecting a low scoring game.

3-2 A's
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #3129
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLharvard
Three words will be ringing in your ear all day.

"PRINCE-GOES-BOOM

We'll see. You'll trot out your big names while we'll have a total team effort and get the w and series.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #3130
Rose
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Parker has been great in Sept and i think he can keep it up, also he isn't really the type to give up the long ball but we'll see how it all plays out tomorrow. The A's are really good at working the count I believe they lead the league in fouling off pitches. So if they can work Verlander's pitch count high i think they can get into the BP and score a few runs. Overall i'm expecting a low scoring game.

3-2 A's
And then he'll keep on pitching.

Verlander should be an easy win today for the Tigers. Tomorrow with Fister? Maybe. Sanchez in game three? that could be a real easy win for the A's. Given the way the A's strike out a lot, and the fact that Verlander has been pretty unbeatable at home for his career, and no rain today I think the Tigers win comfortably. The A's drawing the Tigers probably hurt their chances to win it all.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #3131
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

Dear Rangers fans,

Since Josh Hamilton is pretty much gone, would you trade Andrus for Ellsbury?

Thanks,
99% of Red Sox fans.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #3132
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

It's ****ing retarded that the two top seeds with "home field advantage" can get eliminated having only played one home game.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #3133
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

The one game wild card is just a joke. It needs to be 3 games, each team gets a home game.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #3134
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
And then he'll keep on pitching.

Verlander should be an easy win today for the Tigers. Tomorrow with Fister? Maybe. Sanchez in game three? that could be a real easy win for the A's. Given the way the A's strike out a lot, and the fact that Verlander has been pretty unbeatable at home for his career, and no rain today I think the Tigers win comfortably. The A's drawing the Tigers probably hurt their chances to win it all.
The Tigers are easily the worst AL team in the playoffs, 88 wins in a sorry division. I'd give them better chances if it weren't for the fact that they can't catch a ball to save their lives.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #3135
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
The Tigers are easily the worst AL team in the playoffs, 88 wins in a sorry division. I'd give them better chances if it weren't for the fact that they can't catch a ball to save their lives.
Detroit is better than Baltimore. Detroit under-performed this year and really only got in thanks to the pathetic division but they might be the most dangerous team in a short series due to their starting pitching.

The Tigers dominated Sept thanks to some killer starts from Verlander, Fister and Sanchez (not the silly Cabrera "took them on his back" narrative). Plus Scherzer finally had the breakout season everyone was waiting on.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: