Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-10-2012, 11:16 PM   #3226
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

Sucks for the A's that they had to play the Tigers. Worst matchup possible for them. A team with great starting pitching that strikes out a ton of batters vs a team who can't make contact worth a damn.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #3227
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Sucks for the A's that they had to play the Tigers. Worst matchup possible for them. A team with great starting pitching that strikes out a ton of batters vs a team who can't make contact worth a damn.
I totally agree with you with that said though..They definitely had their chances the first two games, but when you have as many errors as the tigers through 2(and I may be wrong but heading into tonight I think errors were even as well), you've got problems.

They just ****ed up again too. Not a scoreboard error, but a mental one for sure.

Last edited by Rose : 10-10-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:49 PM   #3228
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:14 AM   #3229
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Rah-uuuuuuuuuul!!!!!!!
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:54 AM   #3230
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How can you not like the A's? No quit in 'em.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #3231
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bottom of the 9th, tied game, runner on second no-outs...isn't that one of those situations you give up an out with a sac-bunt to move the runner to third?

Didn't matter. Got the job done anyway. Down 3-1 in the bottom of the ninth and their last three outs of the season...no problem.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:00 AM   #3232
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

****ing potato.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:00 AM   #3233
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Bottom of the 9th, tied game, runner on second no-outs...isn't that one of those situations you give up an out with a sac-bunt to move the runner to third?

Nope, a single would have a good chance at scoring the runner, like they just did.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:00 AM   #3234
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow. The A's pull one out of their ass.

Sucks for Scherzer. He pitched a great game and is becoming a very good starter. But it's tons of fun seeing Valverde fail. He can rot in hell.

I'm shocked this one is going 5. I picked the Tigers in 3, maybe 4 going in.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:02 AM   #3235
KG215
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Nope, a single would have a good chance at scoring the runner, like they just did.

Right that's easy to say in hindsight since it happened, but a cleanly fielded ball there would've made the play at the late close.

I know a sac-bunt isn't a given, but that's still gotta be one of those situations a sac-bunt makes sense. I'm not a big proponent of them in general, but given the right situation I am.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:06 AM   #3236
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Right that's easy to say in hindsight since it happened, but a cleanly fielded ball there would've made the play at the late close.

I know a sac-bunt isn't a given, but that's still gotta be one of those situations a sac-bunt makes sense. I'm not a big proponent of them in general, but given the right situation I am.

The A's started the inning with three consecutive hits too, they were clearly in the head of Valverde. Might as well try to take full advantage of it.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:08 AM   #3237
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:

I kinda agree. I normally hate sac bunting but that's one of the very few situations where it's probably a good idea. One run ends it so every runner that gets on behind him is irrelevant. It's not like the Tigers could just load the bases and get to a weaker hitter either since it would've been Cespedes.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:27 AM   #3238
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

A's force a game 5
The pitching match up favours the Tigers but I hope Parker can keep the A's in striking distance. Maybe the A's can run into a few homers early before Verlander settles in.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:29 AM   #3239
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
A's force a game 5
The pitching match up favours the Tigers but I hope Parker can keep the A's in striking distance. Maybe the A's can run into a few homers early before Verlander settles in.

I think we have to get to Verlander early, because if you don't it is lights out.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:35 AM   #3240
KG215
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
The A's started the inning with three consecutive hits too, they were clearly in the head of Valverde. Might as well try to take full advantage of it.

Well, usually throwing away an out is stupid but, like Qwyjibo pointed out, that run on second ends the game. Move him over to third with a sac-bunt, and you still have two outs to get him in.

I mean, a sac-fly, ground ball to the right side of the infield, or base hit with one out isn't really any less likely than the one or two hits with no outs that would've been needed to score him from second. Like I said, that single that did knock him in would've actually been a close play at the plate had Garcia fielded it cleanly and made a good throw.

Anyway, doesn't really matter. The A's still won and it was an exciting game.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: