Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-11-2012, 01:54 AM   #3241
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

That might be the better percentage play but I think the A's acted on instinct today. They pretty much had the crowd roaring, every thing going their way. Why give a free out.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:05 AM   #3242
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wow. I can't believe they pulled that off. I was jumping for joy and I'm ill today.

The key for game 5 will be running Verlander as early as possible. Stay patient and keep the pitch count up per at bat. Play good defense and see if we can't had our setup and closer a 2-3 run lead.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:30 AM   #3243
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Amazing comeback! What's funny is I was watching the game with a friend, who is far more knowledgable about baseball, and he's telling me the Tigers closer is going to choke.... just watch.

I figured he was just being hopeful, but he was right. The Tigers closer choked BIGTIME.

Anyways, we have to face Verlander in game 5, so I'm not getting too excited. We have trouble against pitchers who make batters miss (#1 in MLB in SO's), and Verlander is a strike out artist.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:33 AM   #3244
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Bottom of the 9th, tied game, runner on second no-outs...isn't that one of those situations you give up an out with a sac-bunt to move the runner to third?

Didn't matter. Got the job done anyway. Down 3-1 in the bottom of the ninth and their last three outs of the season...no problem.

No you're definitely right. My friend was going crazy when we subbed a pinch hitter and the guy popped it up. The obvious play there is to sac-bunt the guy to 3rd with no outs. Then even a sac-fly wins the game.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:41 AM   #3245
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Yea I didn't like the Kotaras move. The game is tied 3-3 so i would of left the superior defensive catcher. With that being said Bob Melvin is a mad scientist/witch doctor and his moves have worked out all season long.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:41 AM   #3246
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

I had to commute to work during the 9th inning so I was forced to listen to the A's walk-off on the radio, which isn't bad. Some people thought I was going crazy the way I was cheering in my car

Game 5 is going to be tough as hell, we saw what Verlander was able to do in Game 1 and even then the A's did a good job of getting the pitch count to a decent level early in the game. Just have to capitalize on opportunities when they're there.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #3247
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

run up the pitch count on Verlander. 121 in the first game. You think he won't go longer this time?

Running up the pitch count on him is a very very hard thing to do.

You guys should be more excited that Parker's ERA at home is almost two runs lower than on the road.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #3248
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is considered somewhat coolTheMan is considered somewhat cool

TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #3249
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hate Valverde with a passion.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #3250
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
I hate Valverde with a passion.

this. last night was a huge momentum shift in the series. the crowd at the coliseum will be going stupid tonight. all the pressure is on the tigers, i know they are worried right now.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #3251
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is considered somewhat coolTheMan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
this. last night was a huge momentum shift in the series. the crowd at the coliseum will be going stupid tonight. all the pressure is on the tigers, i know they are worried right now.
I was having a debate with a friend a few weeks ago about momentum in baseball, he argued that saying, that "momentum is only as good as the next day's pitcher" and I was saying momentum does exist. I guess we'll see tonight...

Last edited by TheMan : 10-11-2012 at 01:50 PM.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #3252
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
run up the pitch count on Verlander. 121 in the first game. You think he won't go longer this time?

Running up the pitch count on him is a very very hard thing to do.

You guys should be more excited that Parker's ERA at home is almost two runs lower than on the road.

That is why it is important to gets some runs before he settles in but if we can work him where he is out of the game in the 7th/8th then you have to take that because he has the ability to go 9 innings.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #3253
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #3254
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak

Verlander.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #3255
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Giants FTW
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: