Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-17-2012, 03:37 PM   #3481
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

Report that Miami in talks with the Yankees to get A-Rod with Yankees picking up the majority of the money and taking Heath Bell back. Yankees have become really dysfunctional all of a sudden. ITS THE PLAYOFFS. Wtf....trade him sure but this shit couldn't wait till next week and it couldn't be prevented from leaking?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #3482
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Ibanez didn't replace A-Rod. A variety of crappy players did, including his third base replacement who made an error.

No one said he did. And the other players did no worse.

Quote:
A-Rod is garbage but so is half the yankee lineup at this point. The Yankees reacted to teh media pressure because that's the only explanation to reacting to ARod so much and not the other equally crappy players.

The other equally crappy players aren't making anything near what A-Rod is. A-Rod is supposed to be a franchise player and he's playing like Rey Ordonez.

Quote:
If we strip away the bullshit, essentially the Yankees suspended A-Rod in a playoff series for a game for not concentrating on a game after being removed from the game. That's retarded. And i'm not a Yankee fan and i HATE A-Rod.

That doesn't explain game 5 against Baltimore.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #3483
Faptastrophe
Rivalries Never Die

Faptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So I hear this guy is the best fielder the Mets have had in years.

http://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/...2961_1200K.mp4
Faptastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #3484
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

A-Rod and Granderson are benched for Game 4. I realize they can't replace a guy like Cano in the lineup, but it seems like I haven't heard ANY criticism of him. All of it has been focused on A-Rod it seems, but Cano is batting 3-36 and he was going intot he post season with a hot bat.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #3485
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lets Go Giants!!!!!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #3486
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
A-Rod and Granderson are benched for Game 4. I realize they can't replace a guy like Cano in the lineup, but it seems like I haven't heard ANY criticism of him. All of it has been focused on A-Rod it seems, but Cano is batting 3-36 and he was going intot he post season with a hot bat.
They want Arod gone, they don't want Cano gone. Cano is moody, they are not going to screw with him,
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #3487
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Matheny with an...interesting double switch there. Got out of the inning though.

Also if they Yanks pay most of A-Rod's contract AND take on Heath Bell, then I would be indifferent to the move. It'll really just go to show that the front office is just focused on boosting ticket sales without winning anything.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #3488
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Cano was also one of the best players in the entire league this year. He is taking flack for this slump but he is the best player on that team. He should be batting 2nd or 3rd every single game they play.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #3489
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Also, I want Marco Scutaro back in Toronto for 2B next year. Solid and underrated player.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #3490
sunsfan1357
Word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Cano was also one of the best players in the entire league this year. He is taking flack for this slump but he is the best player on that team. He should be batting 2nd or 3rd every single game they play.
Don't get me wrong, I totally understand that. It's just that A-Rod was getting railed on when he was the best player in the league as well for his playoff performances. Cano is getting very little flack for his performance, he has the longest playoff hit-less streak in MLB history and has performed below any of A-Rods past playoff performances. Perhaps the amount of money Rodriguez is getting paid has something to do with it, I'm just really surprised that I haven't heard more regarding Cano's performance.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #3491
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

/topical
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #3492
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rain delay with no rain.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:23 PM   #3493
LiLharvard
I see GREEN people..

LiLharvard has an OK reputation so far

The game is PPD. Will scherzer & Sabathia still start tomorrow seeing as they never threw a pitch?
LiLharvard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #3494
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It will be interesting to see whether or not A-Rod has taken his final at bat as a Yankee. It's an interesting story right now, but I can tell that it's gonna be one of those things that dominates the entire offseason.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #3495
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm several days late on this, but I haven't been posting lately. I'm very disappointed that the Reds have chosen to extend the contract of Dusty Baker. Sure, he led the Reds to 97 wins, and the players like him, but at some point, you gotta start raising the standard in town. To blow a 2-0 series lead is unacceptable. Also, the 1-8 record in clinching games really stands out.

I didn't agree with his decision to start Mike Leake in game 4, I felt he left Latos in too long in game 5, and I hated seeing guys like Frazier/Heisey rot on the bench, while Rolen/Stubbs took the playing time at those respective positions. Overall, it was obvious that Bochy worked him over.

I realize it's not all HIS fault they fell apart, but someone needed to pay for what happened. Division titles have to stop be "good enough" at some point.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: