Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #3721
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation
Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

I'm still hoping for the very slim chance that Stanton gets traded to the Jays as part of the deal...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #3722
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Reyes, Johnson, Buehrle, Buck, Bonifacio and $4M for Escobar, Hechavarria, Alvarez, Nicolino, Mathis, Marisnick and DeSclafani.

Last edited by RaininThrees : 11-13-2012 at 08:15 PM.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #3723
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Marlins are a pathetic franchise. I hope nobody goes to their games and their new stadium has the turnouts of their old stadium. Truly a joke of a franchise.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #3724
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

- I love getting Jose Reyes. Best part of the deal for me. Nice to have some good OBP at the top of the lineup. I liked Escobar but I'll take Reyes everyday.

- Josh Johnson is obviously great if healthy but this might only be a 1 year thing. If he bombs or gets injured, Jays obviously won't keep him. If he pitches great then I think he leaves as a FA.

- Buehrle... eh. He's reliable in that he stays healthy, and can at least be a league-average guy. High price tag for a #4 pitcher but I assume the Jays have the money side of it all worked out.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #3725
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Jose Reyes' last three years of his contract are ugly. $22 million per year...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #3726
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Old 11-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #3727
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's a risky trade for the Jays. If Reyes and Buehrle bomb, it all depends on what the Jays' budget is going forward and if those two contracts will totally hamstring them from adding more to the team.

They'll get one year with a, hopefully, healthy Josh Johnson next year.

Plus there's still the surplus at the catcher spot for other potential trades. Also in the bullpen. Casey Janssen might be an attractive bullpen piece to other teams.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:53 AM   #3728
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

AlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation here

**** you jeff loria and now our only notable player stanton is pissed and will probably never want to extend with us. Anyone who goes to the games next year is a ****ing idiot with this lying piece of shit owning the team and lying to the locals who paid for the stadium Makes me appreciate the Heat even more great owner who cares about the team along with a great gm. I even appreciate Jeff Ross more now too even though the dolphins are mediocre hey don't pull shit like this and I still enjoy watching them after all the years of mediocrity and past greatness. I will still end up watching the marlins anyway been watching them for too many years and hate the idea of jumping on another teams band wagon. Can't believe I went to some of the games last year Time to pop the strongest drink I have and

TLDR: Still a marlin fan but will probably start losing more interest in baseball and **** jeff loria

Last edited by AlonzoGOAT : 11-14-2012 at 12:09 PM.
AlonzoGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:30 AM   #3729
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn, Marlins banked on Pujols last season. He chose Los Angeles. Marlins get all these high priced players then trade them a season later?
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #3730
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoGOAT
**** you jeff loria and now our only notable player stanton is pissed and will probably never want to extend with us. Anyone who goes to the games next year is a ****ing idiot with this lying piece of shit owning the team ad lying to the locals who paid for the stadium Makes me appreciate the Heat even more great owner who cares about the team along with a great gm. I even appreciate Jeff Ross more now too even though the dolphins are mediocre hey don't pull shit like this and I still enjoy watching them after all the years of mediocrity and past greatness. I will still end up watching the marlins anyway been watching them for too many years and hate the idea of jumping on another teams band wagon. Can't believe I went to some of the games last year Type to pop the strongest drink I have and

TLDR: Still a marlin fan but will probably lose more interest in baseball and **** jeff loria

We feel your pain - Expos fans.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #3731
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Damn Miami blew up their team. The only players that actually played good last season get traded and that owner is still going to get away with a pass. I was hoping Miami would take A-rod but Cashman made it clear, Rodriguez is staying. I actually thought Escobar was good but Reyes is a better player. That 22M is going to be tough, though.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #3732
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Tigers have signed Torii Hunter to a 2 year/26 million dollar contract.

link
Old 11-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #3733
irondarts

Also another interesting story that hasn't been talked about in here:

The Rangers offered the Braves Mike Olt for Andrelton Simmons, the Rangers were then going to flip Simmons to the D-Backs for Justin Upton, but the Braves turned down the Olt-Simmons swap.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #3734
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Also another interesting story that hasn't been talked about in here:

The Rangers offered the Braves Mike Olt for Andrelton Simmons, the Rangers were then going to flip Simmons to the D-Backs for Justin Upton, but the Braves turned down the Olt-Simmons swap.
Iv heard that but if that was on the table, why wouldn't the braves just do it? I know they have ofs but they could find a way to play him
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #3735
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Reyes on that turf and in the cold and with a pissy attitude because his tax rate went up so high. Good luck with that. What's the over/under on games he plays, 80?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: