Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-10-2012, 12:06 AM   #3826
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

Wil Myers is one of my favorite prospects.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:17 AM   #3827
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
I hate Tampa Bay.

They just got Wil Myers + prospects for James Shields + Wade Davis...
The Royals are stupid and I think they'll regret this. Unless they know some secret about Myers that no one else does, I just don't get it. Shields is 30 has quite a bit of mileage on that arm in the last few years.

I get that the AL Central blows and with a couple of moves, they could easily contend for it but this just seems like they just got impatient.

EDIT: Rumours that Odorizzi is going to Tampa too? What the shit KC... I hate Tampa so friggin much.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:17 AM   #3828
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Tampa Bay get's Wil Myers (Top hitting prospect in baseball) + Jake Ordorizzi (Their best pitching prospect) + Mike Montgomery (KC's top prospect last year, but had a horrendous year) for James Shields and Wade Davis?

What the fvkc, horrible deal for KC.

They should have gotten David Price for that package..
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:19 AM   #3829
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Also, the Indians signed Mark Reynolds to a 1 yr/6 million dollar contract.

and the Dodgers signed Hyun-Jin Ryu to a 6 yr/36 million dollar contract (plus 25.7 million dollar posting fee they paid). Dodgers spending money recklessly, hopefully it pays off for them.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:23 AM   #3830
irondarts

The Rays are the type of franchise every team should strive to be. They have quality talent up and down, they've built their whole core by great drafting, and then they always have a quality replacement when their guys leave. Plus they always sell high on their guys (Scott Kazmir, Delmon Young, Matt Garza)

It must be nice to get back two top prospects for a player you don't even need.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:08 AM   #3831
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

I agree that KC got impatient. They just signed Guthrie to a bad contract. Hochevar is nothing special. Ervin Santana is questionable. I like Shields, but I think he has two years left on his contract and isn't getting any younger. Wade Davis is a back of the rotation type starter. They don't have a number 1 starter. They have a number 2 starter and a bunch of back of rotation type guys.

While the core of the team is young and so is the bullpen. They could have just waited and could have dealt from a position of strength a year or two down the road. They could have got much more, but it was said early in the off-season. KC was going to get fleeced by someone this year, and it happens to be Tampa. Ofcourse if there's something about Myers that no one knows, then it's a different story. Otherwise, this is just a bad trade for the KC Royals...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:04 AM   #3832
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Let me rephrase that then, the value he provides on the field should far outweigh any negative thing he provides in the locker-room. Clearly that's speculation but he's no Milton Bradley. And even Bradley had that amazing year with Texas where all his problems were suddenly magically forgotten. Perform and few people care what you do elsewhere.

Given his abilities and that bargain of a contract, I'd take Escobar as a starting SS any day. Especially for a cash-strapped team like the Rays. Even coming off an obvious "down year" with the bat. I don't care if he hates gays, is gay, whatever... he just needs to be smarter and realize to keep any prejudices he may have to himself. That's why I consider him a dumbass. But a skilled one.

I fully believe that if Escobar and the Jays weren't struggling, the eye-black story would not have blown up the way it did. The media here were hungry for something to pounce on with the Jays and unfortunately Escobar gave it to them.

Maybe it's just me but I'll take a gay-hating Escobar, fan-beating Bradley and drunk-driving Miguel Cabrera on my team any day as long as they are a good value for what they do on the field.
Honestly his anti-gay shit didn't even factor into my comments. That's just stupid, anyone can be stupid; but it takes something more to be a locker room cancer, which is what he is. Like I said, the Braves didn't just suddenly shut the door on him for no reason. They knew what they were doing when they shipped him out. He's a selfish player who seems to think he's got a lot more juice than he really does. Said he'd play 3B for the Marlins only to change his mind after they acquired him. Talk about your ultimate me-first dick moves.

No team with Yunel Escobar as their starting shortstop will ever win the World Series. Mark it, put it down, quote me, put my name on it, whatever. Guy's just straight up not a winner. Doesn't have the mindset for it. He gets his and if the team benefits, that's strictly a bonus.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:09 AM   #3833
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

And there's a reason the Royals have been and will continue to be garbage for so long. What a horrible deal. Just unreal.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #3834
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
And there's a reason the Royals have been and will continue to be garbage for so long. What a horrible deal. Just unreal.

The Shields part isn't bad for the Royals. They weren't going to find anything close to his $ value in free agency. Anibal is looking for 90million? Buehrle took almost 60 last year.

How in the hell did Tampa sell Wade Davis at the price of a SP in this trade? He had a terrific season out of the bullpen, but TB exteneded him as a starter. Those option years aren't pretty for a reliever, and that's why the Rays sold him now.

Boston must have never been serious about trading Lester. It's hard to imagine they couldn't beat this deal.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #3835
tomtucker
Prince of Wallachia

tomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
The Rays are the type of franchise every team should strive to be. They have quality talent up and down, they've built their whole core by great drafting, and then they always have a quality replacement when their guys leave. Plus they always sell high on their guys (Scott Kazmir, Delmon Young, Matt Garza)

It must be nice to get back two top prospects for a player you don't even need.

but they should have kept Garza, right ?
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #3836
irondarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtucker
but they should have kept Garza, right ?
No, no need to. They got a good package back for him and were able to replace him with Jeremy Hellickson, a better pitcher.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #3837
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Only way the trade isn't an epic fail for the Royals is if they win immediately. They're clearly in win now mode, but they gave away potential stars in the future for a pitcher who's 31 and a pitcher they're going to convert into a starter. Very risk move, but I guess it's high risk/high reward.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #3838
irondarts

The Yankees have signed Kevin Youkilis to a 1 yr/12 million dollar contract.

link
Old 12-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #3839
irondarts

It also appears that the Indians are close to trading Shin Soo Choo to the Reds for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorius.

The D-Backs may also be involved, they would get Gregorius or maybe Asdrubal Cabrera.

We shall see what happens.

link
Old 12-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #3840
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

rumor phillies offered hamilton 3 years 80 mil. i don't think it will be enough but sure hope it is.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: