Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-15-2012, 01:51 PM   #3886
tomtucker
Very cute

Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
I'd assume because of what they're already paying everyone else on the roster, they'd want to keep the first couple years of Hamilton's service relatively low. It gives them a little more wiggle room now and down the line they're going to be forced to make some moves to relieve some salary.
i see, thanks
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #3887
tomtucker
Very cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
This move essentially guarantees the angels won't be great for the foreseeable future.

The thing is, the rangers were right not to match on Napoli, Hamilton, greinke and the shields trade, but they still need a bat and an arm. I still wish they'd go get Felix or price

you really think so ? josh, pujols, trout, sounds dangerous.....
Old 12-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #3888
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
It's gonna be TDA.
I know.

And I've kinda talked myself into this as long as Dickey is getting an extension. That is an absolute MUST to give up D'Arnaud. If it's D'Arnaud and Gose then I don't like it unless AA is somehow stealing Wheeler or someone in the deal as well.

My reasoning is that revenues for the Jays are clearly going to go up with this hype and, hopefully, good results next year. More money made = more money to spend. For the next 2-3 years, the Jays will be looking to contend for WS titles. The Jays generally aren't shy when it comes to draft spending so that should be enough time to rebuild the system for the next "cycle". I dunno. Plus the Dickey/BJs innuendos will be fun.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:08 PM   #3889
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I know.

And I've kinda talked myself into this as long as Dickey is getting an extension. That is an absolute MUST to give up D'Arnaud. If it's D'Arnaud and Gose then I don't like it unless AA is somehow stealing Wheeler or someone in the deal as well.

My reasoning is that revenues for the Jays are clearly going to go up with this hype and, hopefully, good results next year. More money made = more money to spend. For the next 2-3 years, the Jays will be looking to contend for WS titles. The Jays generally aren't shy when it comes to draft spending so that should be enough time to rebuild the system for the next "cycle". I dunno. Plus the Dickey/BJs innuendos will be fun.

This is from Joel Sherman:

Quote:
Again #Bluejays not dealing d'Arnaud to #Mets unless can do extension with Dickey. Exec from team interested in Dickey said Tor (cont) #Mets

is too well run org to go this far in trade talks without feeling good it knows what Dickey wants and that he will take it (cont) #Mets

even without formal negotiations having begun yet. #Mets #Bluejays
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #3890
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtucker
you really think so ? josh, pujols, trout, sounds dangerous.....
Josh sucks in that park. They don't have any pitching outside of weaver and if cj is on, and they aren't particularly good defensively. They have no farm system and no more money to spend... Not a good set of circumstances
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #3891
tomtucker
Very cute

Hamilton press conference.....why the fukk does he have all his children and his wife with him...taking photos with them.....what do they have to do with this ? this is a game, a sport.....angels owner also have his wife with him.......i am sorry, i donīt understand this.....looks so fukking lame......and hamiltonīs wife sitting next to him the whole press con......wtf is this ?....this is grown ass men...anyone else see how silly this looks
Old 12-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #3892
sunsfan1357
Word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtucker
Hamilton press conference.....why the fukk does he have all his children and his wife with him...taking photos with them.....what do they have to do with this ? this is a game, a sport.....angels owner also have his wife with him.......i am sorry, i donīt understand this.....looks so fukking lame......and hamiltonīs wife sitting next to him the whole press con......wtf is this ?

It's a big part of what you're going to get with Hamilton. He needs his family/support system with him wherever he goes to keep him in line so he doesn't go on another bender.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #3893
MMM
877-954-1893

Hamilton was pretty bad in the 2nd half iirc.
MMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #3894
tomtucker
Very cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
It's a big part of what you're going to get with Hamilton. He needs his family/support system with him wherever he goes to keep him in line so he doesn't go on another bender.

hmm....aha......and i guess the reason for players to have the wife with them, is because they are ones spending the money...... ......still, the pujols press con. was not this lame........the angels now have 2 players that used to be worshipped by their former teams fans....weird

heres hoping josh gets some angel-dust and fukks up......
Old 12-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #3895
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Angels win won world series it makes all the signings worth it. It's extremely hard to win, so one is enough in my opinion.

They have a 3, maybe 4 year window with the current core.

I think they have the talent. I think you can win with the 1-2 combination at the top with the starters, got a nice bullpen...great hitting lineup.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #3896
irondarts

Looks like Dickey to Jays is nearly done

irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:37 PM   #3897
irondarts

Also, Ken Rosenthal is reporting that the Yankees are interested in acquiring Vernon Wells from the Angels.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #3898
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Josh Johnson
RA Dickey
Brandon Morrow
Mark Buehrle
Ricky Romero

I'm cool with that for next year.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #3899
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Also, Ken Rosenthal is reporting that the Yankees are interested in acquiring Vernon Wells from the Angels.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAAHH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:44 PM   #3900
irondarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAAHH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH
My thoughts exactly. Why would anybody want him at this point?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: